Before pics of DonicaB

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Before pics of DonicaB

Postby DonicaB » April 21st, 2005, 8:21 am

First of all, I want you to know this is a really difficult and HUGE step for me. I absolutely hate my picture being taken and I rarely allow anyone to take my picture. Hopefully that will change when I reach my goal.

The first picture is last year at my birthday :candle: (April 25). I know it was a year ago but I weighed the same as I did when I started MF almost 3 weeks ago.

The second picture was the only, sorta, full body picture I could find. The beautiful little girl is not mine, I have boys, she is my neice. This picture was taken last May. Believe it or not these were the most recent photos I could find except for Christmas photos which had too many other people in them.

I feel very comfortable with all of you. I didn't want to post these pictures but I believe it will help me stay the course, because I can't wait to post new ones. :dance:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby want2Bthin » April 21st, 2005, 8:52 am

DonicaB-

It is so nice to put a face with the people we are talking to. You should be proud of yourself. You have such a glowing smile not to mention fabulous skin!

You are doing great! I can't wait to see your pictures when you reach your goal.

Angelia :D
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doglover » April 21st, 2005, 9:11 am

Hey Donica - great pictures and great smile! You will be smiling all the time once you get to that goal! Keep going!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 21st, 2005, 10:19 am

Donica.......You have a pretty face and a great smile. When you hit your goal, you are gonna really be a knock out!!

I notice by your ticker that if you lose just a little over ONE more pound, you will be a quarter of the way to your goal loss of 61.

Thanks for posting the pics.........I always enjoy seeing photos of the forum members.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 21st, 2005, 11:08 am

Donica....I am sooo excited to meet you!!!!!!.........well to put a face to the girl whose posts I love to read!!!!! .....:yes: .....your inner beauty shines right thru your radiant smile..... :D ......and I agree with you regarding taking and posting your picture......I never wanted my picture taken because I didn't want evidence of what I really looked like.... :no: .....it would have validated what I was feeling... :sadblue: ... in my warped mind.... :roll: .... I felt if there was no proof of what I looked like..... :huh: ...then maybe no one would know I was fat....( silly me).....however.....as difficult as it is.....seeing our picture helps us to face the truth of being overweight... and posting it on this forum ...( a safe place) helped me to own up to the truth and begin to take accountability for it.... :whip: .....I had to realize......this is me......I am overweight.....running away from it won't make it go away......
thru facing......stating ..... and exposing the truth I've realized it's not the end of the world.... my forum friends will still love me..... :hug: ....and will stick by us thru thick & thin.........and Donica....when you post your after pictures it will be so inspiring for all of us as we have traveled this journey together.... :stroll: .....that will be a time we will be happy to have our pictures taken....... :yay:
Keep up the great work...& thanks for sharing
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 21st, 2005, 1:02 pm

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I look at those pictures and I cannot believe that is me. Donna, you are right on girl when you say if I didn't see myself fat in pictures, then I wasn't fat. Of course, it wasn't so easy to deny my weight when I got dressed every day. :sadblue:

My husband encouraged me to put the pics on here because he can see how positively this forum is affecting my attitude towards losing weight. I was stilled scared to death to do it. Not because the people on this forum can see them, but because anyone on the internet can see them. :point:

I already feel so much thinner, even if it is only on the inside. I guess for the first time in years, I am thinking like a skinny person. :yay:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LilMsTexas » April 21st, 2005, 3:33 pm

Dangit Donna said everything I wanted to say :D So do I just say "ditto"? well DITTO what Donna and everybody else said. I can ALSO add that you have GREAT TEETH :D I'm a teeth girl. And your eyebrows are arched GREAT 8) I guess you just seem so familiar. But then again I am feeling "familiar" or "family-ar" with quite a few of you.

Let me just tell you.........I have pictures that my husband took of me in orange biker shorts and an orange sports bra :shock: I stood in my hall in front of the white walls and door and let him take pictures of me from every angle :shock: OH MY GOSH that was NOT a pretty sight :oops: I'm not ready to post those yet..........but I am going to have him take pictures of me in the exact same shorts and sports bra in the exact same space in my hall way at 20,30, & 40# gone and at goal. I promise to start sharing them when I get to 30# gone! Although I can see a difference in my body slightly with 18lbs gone, I will feel more comfortable posting those very revealing and personal pictures when I feel a tad better about my body. I know you ALL understand that. I have them on the computer and I was looking at them last night. :cry: man oh man it's not good.

But ya know what?? It's going to be fannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntabulous when I show them to you and the after pictures to go right along with them!!

So you keep on taking pictures girlie. You DO need pictures for your children some day. I love having my pictures made now because everytime I have one taken I know I will have something else to compare my BEAUTIMOUS self with when I'm at goal!!

And by the way...........YOU ARE AWESOME!!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby raederle » April 21st, 2005, 5:04 pm

Donica, you are so lovely!!! I know whatcha mean about being chicken about posting pics-- I was afraid, too. Well, I guess the whole world has seen us now, so there's no going back! ;) Thank you for posting-- it takes guts, and it's an honor to "meet" you!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 22nd, 2005, 12:03 am

Christi you are a braver woman than I am...of course you are thinner too! But no WAY is my Jabba the Hut looking bootay getting in orange bike shorts! Especially not with photographic evidence :-P I do have a pic of me in a bathing suit but I have a pile of towels in my lap to hide my thighs and stomach. So sneaky!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Principessa » April 22nd, 2005, 12:47 am

Thanks so much for sharing with us Donica! I think I'll have to follow suit as soon as I get some pictures back from my family of me at my bridal shower just 3 days before I started. I had gotten a new outfit to feel "good" in for the occasion, so I think each month I'll take a new picture of myself in that outfit. Just to show the continued progress. I wore the outfit yesterday, and it did seem to fit a little looser, but it's definitely not fallin' off yet! Can't wait until I can hold the side of the skirt WAY out to the side to show the difference!

Christi - you got guts girl! Keeping photographic evidence like that is something that every "foodie" is terrified of. I guess we really do tend to think that if there are no pictures of ourselves at those heavier weights then they just aren't real. But wouldn't it be a shame if you didn't have a before and after to compare your successes to?!

I definitely think that taking pictures along the way can be a big help in letting us SEE our progress. And how fun to be able to take the pictures when things are WAY too big!
Mary

31yo. 4'11"
Start Date 4/4/05
BMI: 36.4/32.4/23.2
Principessa
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 22nd, 2005, 6:46 am

Thank you Mary. I look forward to seeing your pics.

I think it is a great idea to post some pictures of our journey along the way. I will try to post a new pic of me when I am half way through. I don't think I will wear the same clothes though. I hate those clothes. HA! :D

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to Studio