DonicaB

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DonicaB » February 27th, 2008, 11:41 am

Hi guys....just a quick note to let you know I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I'm still here, I have just been swamped with really no time to post lately. I had a few minutes so I thought I would let you know what's been going on.

I have been asked to help re-write some curriculum here at school. It is very time consuming and we have a deadline that we must meet. Therefore......spare time has been very SPARSE!!

Anyway....I'm trying to hang in there. I haven't been completely compliant, but I am trying. Hopefully by Monday things will be back to normal. Well at least as normal as they ever are.

Thanks for checkin in on me.....I appreciate it. :mrgreen:

Doni
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » February 28th, 2008, 10:44 am

At least we know you are OK. Don't let the stress get to ya and come back soon. We miss ya!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » February 28th, 2008, 12:28 pm

YAY, now i feel alot better knowing you're alright my friend...BOY, i can vividly remember when i was actively "educatorlizing":+) we had to modify a curricculum..what'a PAIN in the U know what...LOL!

Ok miss you..come back when'ya can :-P

love'ya
Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Sojourner » February 29th, 2008, 3:27 am

Well as I live and breath!!!!!

:heart: :heart: Doni!!!!! :heart: :heart:

I'm SO VERY glad that you've returned!
You've always been such an upbeat and
supportive presence on these boards!
In fact, you're exactly what I need just now!!
Wait ~ let me use a few more exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

So, wow - curriculum writing.....sounds like, uhmmm, fun! ;)
Okay, I'm totally lying! It sounds tedious and exacting and...
and... my brain hurts just thinking about it! But I hope that you
have as good a time as it's possible to have! :D

Hasta!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Mike » March 6th, 2008, 7:52 pm

Just a shout out to our homie teachin' chick. How those kids treatin' ya? Is it spring there like it is here? Mine have been going crazy.

Hope you are well.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby GucciGoo » March 8th, 2008, 5:32 pm

No Donica in almost a month?
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DonicaB » March 10th, 2008, 9:37 am

Well, I have to admit.....I've been hiding again. I wasn't lying when I said I've been very, very busy with writing curriculum, etc. However, I allowed it to become an excuse for not staying compliant. So needless to say, I'm right back where I started. I've been staying away because if I come here, I have to be accountable. It's just easier to stay away.

I'm going to have to learn that there will always be stressors and there will always be something going on that requires my attention. I am always going to be busy. I cannot allow those things to take over, though. I cannot allow them to become excuses and I need the accountability of this group.

I feel refreshed today knowing that I woke up with the realization that I have to be the one in control. I certainly do not have the resolve I had last year at this time, but I refuse to give up. Giving up is really not an option. Giving up means there will never be a change in the way I view food. It means I choose to live an unhealthy lifestyle. I'm not willing to do that, so I must keep fighting for what I want.

I also realized this weekend that I will be very unhappy, come summer, that I am not where I want to be in regards to my weight. So, I can either keep eating unhealthy foods and continue to put on weight, or I can eat healthy and lose weight. When I look at it like that, the choice seems easy. Now, if I can just stick with it.

Please don't give up on me guys, I know some of you are probably saying, "Just do it already, and stop whining!", cause that's what I'm saying to myself.

Doni
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » March 10th, 2008, 10:18 am

Dona, glad you are back and no......it never crossed my mind that you were whining --- I've thought the same thing about myself (Tawanda, just shuddup and DO IT!!! LOL)....but no one is thinking that about you.

Again.....glad you are back!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » March 10th, 2008, 10:58 am

DonicaB wrote:Now, if I can just stick with it.
Please don't give up on me guys, I know some of you are probably saying, "Just do it already, and stop whining!", cause that's what I'm saying to myself.

We have faith in you and you know you can do it. Hang in there, we are with ya.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » March 10th, 2008, 11:25 am

Hi Donica....you wrote exactly how I feel...I had the same heart to heart with T and she convinced me to come back and post....I feel ashamed and am coming back with my head down and tail between my legs. I just have to keep telling myself if I want this I have to have will power and I have to do it! I just got back from Florida and felt awful because I am so fat! I go to Myrtle Beach in May and don't want to feel the same way so I just have to remember how I felt in Florida when I go for something I'm not suppose to have. I also have a cruise to look forward to in November and a lot of the couples we're going with, the wives are these small petite things..NOT ME!

Its nice to see you again and I can tell you I haven't given up on you...you did great before and I'm sure you'll do it again!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby queenielou » March 12th, 2008, 6:38 pm

Hey Doni,

Just wanted to stop by and say keep fighting! It's hard work but well worth it. You will do this!
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 13th, 2008, 10:33 am

girlfriend you're back on the horse now, and THAT'S what counts!..we'll NEVER give up on you..we're FAMILY!!...believe me i can truly identify with what you've said:+)..you'll do alllllright sweetie..just hang'n there...YOU CAN DO THIS :-P :-P

love'ya,
lil' Lulu
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DonicaB » March 14th, 2008, 9:34 am

Thanks guys. I'm glad you're here for me.

It has been a few days since I have been on the forum, but I am doing well. Things are just so hectic around my house. Both of my sons are taking a college night class, College Algebra. Needless to say, neither of them are good at math. I have basically been spending every night tutoring. I have to admit I am exhausted. Last night I hired a fellow teacher, one who actually teaches math, to tutor them. The stuff they had to do last night was......well.....over my head. I listened to everything the tutor said, so hopefully I can help them with some of it.

Next week is spring break for me.....thank goodness.....I need it. DH and I are going to take a little trip, but I have already told him, I really want to stay compliant. He's completely supportive so, I know he will help me accomplish that.

I wish I had more time to write. I know I'm not being very supportive to the others here on the forum right now. I'm so sorry. Things should slow down after they finish this class, 6 more weeks. Hopefully, it won't take that long for me to find some time to get back here more.

Doni
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby KeleeGrl » March 14th, 2008, 11:09 am

Doni its nice to hear from you again..sorry you are so busy. R and R will be good for you! We need to decide what are mini goals are going to be.

Its nice with our DH's are understanding...mine wanted to go out tonight because he's actually getting home at a decent hour and I told him I cannot and will not drink (not that I have to drink to go out, but its always tempting). So I got a movie today and told him and says its fine we stay home! Thank you!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » March 14th, 2008, 2:21 pm

That sounds great....an evening at home watching a movie!

I think I have decided on my first mini goal. It is to get back into onederland. I have 4 pounds to go to get that goal, and even though it is not far away, it's still a goal.

Do you have one?

Doni
DonicaB
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal