DonicaB

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Tawanda » February 25th, 2007, 8:36 am

Donica, go ahead and have a bit of a stomping your feet and growling time. It doesn't seem fair to stay compliant and see 1# as the difference. I would be bummed, too. I don't understand how I can pack on 3# with so little effort (and quite a bit of eating--which really isn't hard at all ;) ) but yet, to take off 3# is as hard as can be. There is just something wrong about it. ;) :lol:

But, pile up (in your mind) 22 one pound packages of ground beef on the counter. Look at what a huge pile that is, how heavy it is if you scoop it up in your arms----you took that weight, off of your body, in a healthy way-- in only 8 weeks!!! That is impressive, it is a great loss, it is a LOT of weight and mass.

You are doing excellent by staying compliant and by continuing even though your losses the past couple of weeks have been smaller than you expected or wished. I'm glad you aren't going to toss up your hands and go off program because of your disappointment! :) You will win this battle and you will continue to see results.....just stomp your feet and growl when it is slow. ;)

Now, you give me the same pep talk (or improve upon it a lot!!! :lol:) when I start growling and stomping about a small weekly weight loss---I know my time is coming.

My best to you!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DonicaB » February 25th, 2007, 2:24 pm

Tawanda wrote:Now, you give me the same pep talk (or improve upon it a lot!!! :lol:) when I start growling and stomping about a small weekly weight loss---I know my time is coming.

Tawanda~ I'll try to remember that.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby DonicaB » February 25th, 2007, 2:27 pm

I've been doing a lot of thinking today about my little pity party over only losing 1#. I think there are several reasons that upsets me so much. One.......I still weigh almost 20# more than my DH. That just isn't right. Two......I'm an instant gratification person. When I want something I want it now. Three.......I get upset with myself because if I hadn't allowed myself to get fat.....I wouldn't be dealing with this anyway.

So......as I have been pondering this today (while at the ER with my son who sprained his ankle badly again and we were getting X-rays to see if it was broken).........I've come to the conclusion that I need to look at this journey as a complete journey. By that I mean......a journey that is more than just the pounds I lose. A journey that leads me to living a healthier lifestyle. I need to get past thinking it is just about weight. It is about why I over eat..........why I use food to mask pain......and many other reasons.

Am I saying I won't be frustrated again.....NO! But I cannot allow myself to get caught up in thinking that I have to lose the weight in a certain amount of time. This journey is what it is no matter how long it takes me to get there. This journey should be first and foremost about getting healthy.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Carrie » February 25th, 2007, 6:26 pm

Hi Donica,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words.....it's amazing how much it helps to know someone is fighting it out right by your side.

I can definitely relate, it's all good when I post a good loss every week - it makes it feel 'worth it'. But the off weeks are ROUGH. I've come to the same conclusion you have - I have to look at this as a long term thing. It's impossible that we're not losing weight if we're compliant, so the numbers have to catch up with us sooner or later.....we just have to learn that pesky delayed gratification skill. YUCK! LOL
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » February 27th, 2007, 5:09 pm

Donica - I can totally relate to your frustration. I typicaly weigh in on Mondays and on this past Monday I only had a 2# weight loss and was frustrated. I had to remind myself of the journey and of how far I had come in such a short time. But the first thing I want to do is grab for food..why?? That's what got me here in the first place. Your posts are so great because they mirror alot of what I am feeling. I did step on the scale this morning and lost another pound - so not going off program paid off. You are doing a great job and hopefully will post a larger loss next week.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DonicaB » February 28th, 2007, 1:22 pm

Thanks Carrie & SuzyQ~ What I love about this forum is the fact that we all share something in common and can all relate to the feelings of the other members. What is also neat is that we are all at different stages of our journeys. Some days there are those who are feeling great with their loss and are excited and uplifting to others. Then there are other days that the opposite is true. It's like we switch roles at times. It would not be good for us all to be down on the same days. ;)

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby DonicaB » February 28th, 2007, 1:38 pm

Well, I've been at another conference for the past two days. Lunch was provided both days, but nothing they served was on plan. So.........I talked my colleages into going out to a restaurant where I could order food that was compliant. I have had trouble getting my supplements in on time, but have managed to not cheat. I'll be glad to get back to a normal routine tomorrow.

I do wish there were a few more products like the bars that were available. The bars are easy on days like today when I did not have access to a kitchen or a microwave. Other than the bar, there really isn't a product that we can take on the go easily.

Today as I was in the restroom at the conference......I turned around to look at my butt (don't ask me why I was looking at my butt?) ........anyway......I noticed how baggy my pants were. It's strange because the waist of the pants still seem to fit comfortably, but not too big. However, the seat end is very baggy and my pants almost looked ridiculous. It gave me a little smile. :D Actually it just made my day and helped encourage me to not allow a change in my normal routine to mess me up.

I'm so thankful that I made the decision to lose weight. I already feel better and can only imagine how wonderful it will feel to reach my goal.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby katieb920 » February 28th, 2007, 3:25 pm

Wow that is so great. I am the same way with my butt. My pants are to big in the back but around the waist they are fine.

Also RTD's are great I drink them at room temp or I chill them They would be great if you go to a confrence. They have a great shelf life.
Katie
katieb920

Postby DonicaB » March 1st, 2007, 10:32 am

It is probably a good thing I decided to weigh myself this morning. I've lost another 2 pounds, but I won't change my ticker until I see Sunday's loss. The reason it was a good thing is because today at work is "Goodie Day". We have Goodie Day about once every other month. It is a day that teachers bring in all sorts of yummy food. Since I have been gone I had forgotten it was goodie day until I stepped into the teacher's work room to the aroma of wonderful smelling food. I literally said out loud, "Oh crap!" There was food on every table and any flat surface in the room. I had to go in so that I could get my mail, etc. Everything looked so wonderful. I could hardly stand it......and, of course, everyone was filling their plates to the rim and talking about how yummy everthing was. I got out of there as quickly as I could. However, I had to go back to get my RTD out of the fridge at 10 am. I almost just closed my eyes and walked as fast as I could. I have to admit.......I was very, very, very tempted. :twisted:

Katie~ thanks for the suggestion on the RTD's. I love those.....but I can't stand them warm. I like my drinks very cold. I guess I will just have to stay at school. ;)

I sure hope I can make it the rest of the day.

Gotta run.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Karli » March 1st, 2007, 10:37 am

You can WAY do it, Donica !! Just keep listening to that skinny little angel :mrgreen:
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » March 1st, 2007, 11:18 am

Good for you Donica. Head up, eyes forward, don't look down! :roll:
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » March 1st, 2007, 11:19 am

Donica, you can do it!!! Sending you good thoughts.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby DonicaB » March 1st, 2007, 3:27 pm

Thank you ladies for the good thoughts. I managed to do fairly well today. I will admit that I did eat some cheese and summer sausage, but not too much. I stayed away from all of the cakes and pies and cookies.... though, it wasn't easy. This has definitely been anything but a normal routine week for me. Of course, the last time I had a week like that, I lost 3#, so who knows. :dunno: I'm not sure how to count what I have eaten today so I'm going to count it as my lean. The problem is I didn't have any green. I think I will just finish the day with MF supplements.

I'm really beginning to wear down physically from working such long hours. I work all day at school, then my DH and I go to our flip house and work until sometimes 10:30 at night. We are working so hard on it because the longer it takes us to finish the more $$$$ we lose. It isn't a house we bought with the intention of flipping it. We bought the house in 1996 and lived there until 2003 when we decided to move closer to where we work (about 20 miles). We were unable to sell the house at that time so we decided to rent it out. We don't like being landlords, so when our renters moved out, we decided to fix it up and get it looking really nice and then try to sell it. So, that's what we are doing.

Well, I want to catch up on some reading before I have to go work again. Later.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby DonicaB » March 1st, 2007, 4:19 pm

My DH just came home and said he was going to take tomorrow off so we didn't have to go work on the flip house tonight. He said we really needed a night off. Yipee!!!!! I get to watch Survivor tonight.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Carrie » March 1st, 2007, 6:39 pm

LOL Donica, apparently your bod decided the butt has to be first to go!

Yippee on the night off too! I'm working on getting my stuff done tomorrow and Saturday so that I can take ALL DAY SUNDAY off. WONDER OF WONDERS!

Thanks for your encouragement Chica, it's helping me keep my chin up.
;)
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal