DISAPPOINTED IN WEIGHT LOSS

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

DISAPPOINTED IN WEIGHT LOSS

Postby butterpecan » February 13th, 2004, 10:35 am

Hello everyone, its me again, and i just need a little more encouragement because i am totally disappointed in my weight loss. Today is day 19 on the program and i havent lost anything in the last 5 days. I lost 10lbs in 2 weeks which I was not very happy with considering the fact that some lose that much in the first 5 to 6 days. I know I shouldnt be comparing myself to others because we are all different and lose weight at different rates but i dont understand what is going on with me. I am doing the modified plan, I weigh and measure everything that goes in my mouth, I even did the full fast for 2 days this week Tues and Wed and still nothing is showing on the scale as of yet. I guess I should be happy that i havent gained. I have been told by some that i am overanxious and (i realize i didnt gain this weight overnite and wont lose it overnite) that is causing stress and stress wont help me lose. Others have told me 10lbs in 19 days is good but i know someone doing the medical weight loss program and she lost 6lbs in the first 2 days and has had another 10lb loss in the following 5days, I am considering quitting this one and joining that one, I dont know much about that program except for the fact that she eats only beef for the first 3 days and then she has to eat or drink nutrients that she buys from them and i know it is a chemical based program, there is a few other things she told me about the program but i wont go into all of that. Anyways, I just need a little input from some of u AWESOME GUYS IN THE FORUM, I said at the beginning of this program that i would give it a month to see if i lose a good amount of weight and that would tell me if i will continue on it or not and as of right now it looks like a big NOT. Also i was wondering if anyone out there is dealing with the constipation like i am, i drink 10-12 8oz glasses of water a day, I also drink 2-3 glasses of metamucil and take stool softners and nothing seems to be working, in 19 days i have only had 2bm's (is that too much information hahahaha) but anyways any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
restart date 4/22/04
5'10
320/175
butterpecan
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 13th, 2004, 10:45 am

Butterpecan:

If you could go through a typical day for you--what you eat, how much you drink and when--I think we may be able to help you more.

Whatever you do, DON'T QUIT!!! Give Medifast 30 days to prove that it works!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby butterpecan » February 13th, 2004, 10:53 am

My typical day is like this, I get up between 6am and 7am have my first shake about 730, then i may have a cup of coffee or tea (because i be so cold), i drink a 16.9oz bottle of water with my shake, then at 1030 i have my next shake with another bottle of water, at 130 i may have a shake, bar or soup or chili with another bottle of water, between 5 and 530, i have my dinner which consist of 5oz of meat and either a salad with tomato or veggies only 1-1 1/2c, with another bottle of water, at around 8pm i have another shake with another bottle of water and then around 10 i have my last shake or soup with another bottle of water. I hate to have anything that late at nite but that is the only way i can get my 5th shake in. Thru the day i dont do very much, i dont work so i am pretty much at home, i house clean, wash clothes run my errands and that is about it. Is there anything more specific u want to know?
restart date 4/22/04
5'10
320/175
butterpecan
Newbie - #10 Club

Re: DISAPPOINTED IN WEIGHT LOSS

Postby explorthis » February 13th, 2004, 10:58 am

butterpecan wrote:in 19 days i have only had 2bm's

OK, do as Jeanette says, list VERBATIM what your day consists of..

The "2 in 19" concerns me. I "full fasted" and was uh, having reading sessions like every 3 to 3-1/2 days, you are on modified which means eating something - and your 2 for 19? This does not sound right.

DO NOT give up on this.

We need detailed details for more analysis.

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby butterpecan » February 13th, 2004, 11:11 am

yea not only does it not sound right it does not feel right, before starting medifast i usually went 2 times a week, but since this program i have only been twice in the 19 days and that is because i had to drink something called fleets phoso-soda and that helped me, but i dont want to get in the habit of taking laxatives to help me, i'm scared my body will get adjusted to them and that will be the only way i can go, and trust me when i did go the stool softners did nothing to help at all. I have spoken to judy the nurse she is the one who suggested the stool softners and the metamucil which do nothing. I have to call her back and see if she can think of anything else I can try, she did recommend the salads instead of the veggies so i try to have a salad about 4-5 times a week. A few of my medifast friends says that is why i m not losing weight because it is all still inside of me and when i finally go i will probably lose 5-10lbs right there.
restart date 4/22/04
5'10
320/175
butterpecan
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 13th, 2004, 11:23 am

So BP, what you are saying is, you are full of CRAP! (literally)

I think getting regulated will help your loss. Here's something else to consider:

Consider eliminating the shake at 10 pm, and having another shake at 4:30 instead, followed by your lean and green meal. Then have your last shake of the day be at 8 pm.

I would definitely stick with the salads to help clean you out. I have yet to be constipated on Medifast--for me, it was the other way around! :shock:

Let me say something to you, woman to woman:

What other weight loss program have you done that has given you the kind of loss you have experienced with Medifast so far? Probably none.

THIS PROGRAM WORKS. IF you follow the program to the letter, your body has no choice but to get rid of the weight. It is a scientific impossibility to consistently consume lower calories and not lose weight. The only way this program can fail is if you do not follow it.

Stay faithful to Medifast, and it will be faithful to you. I AM PROOF!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby moutoncove » February 13th, 2004, 12:04 pm

BP,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I feel for you - been there. You might try taking an enema to get things moving. Sometimes when things are really blocked up that's the only way to loosen things up to get started again. I know this sounds terrible but I think the discomfort from being constipated is a lot worse.

I take laxatives everyday. I have to. If I don't, I don't go and I'm not going that route again - I don't care if I have to take laxatives until I die - I do what I have to do.

There's a product that you might be able to find at a health food store or on one of the many sites on the internet - its call Colon Cleanse - this really works well. I've used it before.

Of iff there is a Body Designer place around your area, it used to be Pat Walkers, they have something that is called Herb Lax. This is what I use and it is wonderful. It's all natural and it does work. I go every morning if I take them at night. You have to adjust the amount you take by what works for you. I take 3 or 4.

Again the enema might get things start moving again and you'll be able to see the weight loss. HANG IN THERE! This program works like no other I've been on but you just have to tweek it until you find what'll get you going.

Hope this helps.

Keep the faith.

Brenda
moutoncove
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Starloser63 » February 13th, 2004, 12:21 pm

Dear BP,
As for the weight loss I have been on Medifast complete fast since 1/20 and I have lost 14 lbs. For some reason I went 10 days and didn't lose a thing. I wont weigh again until Monday. As for the bm's can't really help, my problem is totally opposite I go everyday sometimes twice always have. Weird huh. I live on immodium. :oops: I would give the laxatives a try or like suggested also the enema. There is also that magnesium stuff they make you drink before a colonoscopy. That will clean you out too. Your weight might really drop once you get going. Take care and don't lose heart. :D You are losing.
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby star85 » February 13th, 2004, 12:31 pm

BP,
Before I started this program I hardly ever went. That has always been the norm for me, but now I'm regular since starting the program. I'm on the Full Fast. I do know that taking an Omega 3/6 supplement, 2 softgel caps before bed everynight helps keep your hair , nails, and skin soft and shiney, and prevents brittleness, especially when you are on a drastic program such as this one. It will also help keep you regular by morning! Even if it doesn't work for you as far as having regular B.M.'s it is still good to take for your heart, hair, skin, and nails. Good luck!

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Hang in there!

Postby granolagirl » February 13th, 2004, 2:58 pm

Hi Butterpecan,
I feel your pain with the 2 in 19 days. I already had problems BEFORE Medifast. I don't know what area of the country you're in, but up and down the west coast there's a place called Trader Joe's and they have something called "Colon Cleanser" (talk about yuck!). But it can give you that relief you need and it can be taken daily for awhile until you're feeling more "regular".

Also, about not losing weight...I've been "maintaining" for the last 4 months and still need to lose 25 pounds. Let me just tell you it is so much easier to just plug along a little longer than to go off and on every week. What a nightmare!

And I know it sucks to keep hearing: "Every body is different, relax." But it's true. I'm a Type I diabetic and the weight comes off slowly...it takes me more than twice the amount of time to lose half the weight, but that's just how it is. Just keep doing what you're doing and it will get better pronto.

Take care!
granolagirl
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to The Weight Room