I didn't do well on my plan yesterday

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I didn't do well on my plan yesterday

Postby doglover » April 16th, 2005, 8:47 am

So, ok. I knew I was going out to dinner w/ girlfriends last night so decided to have the 5:1 plan. I ate all 5 medimeals before going out as we were not leaving until 6:30. So far so good. I am driving to be designated driver since no alcohol allowed. Ok, so far so good. I decided due to my stomach ache last time I went out to have the simplest salad on the menu. So far so good.

The food comes. I am reminding myself constantly to eat slowly. So far so good. 2 bites of lettuce, about 3 bites of chicken. Eat, drink water, eat drink water. Then it happened!

"oh my Gosh - is that thing MOVING!" This the scream of my friend across the table.

Now, I know I have a snails pace metabolism and I know I have been praying to eat slowly like a snail - but did the Medifast gods HAVE to send a visual reminder to me???? :shock: You guessed it - right there crawling out of my salad greens (luckily on the FAR side of the plate from where I was chewing - came a snail! 3" long - shell about the size of a half dollar!!!

Ok, you can imagine the rest. We laughed until I thought I would die. The manager, tons of waiters, and other interested people all came over and were so apologetic. They were great about it. The entire table had a free meal and they sent us home w/ cheesecake in boxes for our families. I have not had one snitch :D

So, I did not do well on my mediplan yesterday as I did not get the alloted amts of lean/green in, but I think you can understand that my appetite was shot! Friends, be careful what you pray for - it may show up in living color!
D

p.s. to protect the name of the establishment we love I will not divulge where we were.

p.p.s. We named it "Iris" after the IRS since it was tax day!
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 16th, 2005, 8:54 am

D........I would be TOTALLY grossed out.....don't know if I could ever eat there again............however, on a good note......I applaud your perseverence of staying on track and not indulging in that cheesecake..... :yay: ...weigh to go...may the mediscales bless you on roll call.......... :D
oh and the MINI SKIRTS?.... ;) ....you WAHM you.... :hmmm: ...my chubby little tree trunks haven't seen a mini in a maxi long time

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Snails

Postby LilMsTexas » April 16th, 2005, 11:17 am

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DATS MY SISTA!! Congratulations on not diving into the Cheesecake girl!! :D And hey........you gals had a night out on the town and a FREE dinner.........EVEN BETTER!! I can't even IMAGINE how a SNAIL got in your salad........but better just leave that quest alone if we ever want to eat out again!!

Hope you are all having a FABULOUS DAY!!
I went to Curves.........then had a pedicure......my eyebrows waxed.....fills on my nails......then had my Van washed while I went to Tan!! Yes it has been ALL ABOUT ME ME ME Today!! The weather is gorgeous and we're putting up a swing under our deck for Broden this afternoon. Oh oh oh..........I TUCKED MY SHIRT IN TODAY!!! Sorry this POST became ALL ABOUT ME TOO 8) I'm really having a great day!! See you all in roll call tomorrow.

Hey Donna.........I wanna see a mini skirt picture!!
Chris
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 16th, 2005, 1:23 pm

Christi....I Love that....All About Me Me Me Today..... :thumbup: ...I think I'll start that around here....cause my 17 yr old always seems to think it's her ME ME ME day...everyday......but she's a doll..... :hug:
my best for tomorrow at roll call......it might just be a 20 # club member for you...... :yeah: ..if not tomorrow...real soon.... :D
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby raederle » April 17th, 2005, 12:12 pm

:roflmao:

OMG!!! That is too funny Donna!!! Whatever diet faerie you have lookin' over your shoulder, send her my way! If I had someone making sure snails crawled out of my dinner every so often, I would NEVER have gained the weight in the first place! ;)

Congrats on snubbing the cheesecake!!!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.