Anyone who didn't lose weight?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Anyone who didn't lose weight?

Postby momof2 » March 26th, 2006, 4:19 pm

Hi All, I just found this site today and it seems like every post I read, everyone lost weight. Anyone out there who didn't lose weight on Medifast? Or gained it all back after you went back to real food? Just want to know if there are any downsides to the program. I lost 15 lbs over 3 weeks on Atkins and hit a plateau so I'm looking for something to help get me off it. I'm 5'3 127 lbs 32 years old looking to lose another 15 lbs or so. Off and on I've been thinking about liposuction or mesotherapy but they seem so drastic. Thanks for any help!!
momof2

One more question..

Postby momof2 » March 26th, 2006, 4:21 pm

Oh forgot to add, I've been thinking about Nutrisystem as well. Anyone out there who tried Nutrisystem and Medifast and which one was better? I have a problem with overeating so which program will help me control myself? Thanks!
momof2

Postby DogMa » March 26th, 2006, 5:16 pm

Well, if you go back to eating the way you ate before, then yes, you will gain the weight back. I don't know a plan out there on which you can maintain your weight loss and eat the way you ate before.

So far, I haven't seen anyone NOT lose weight on Medifast, IF they follow the plan.

(As for which is better, I would think anyone who's now using Medifast would say Medifast is better. If they thought Nutrisystem or some other program worked better, they'd be on it.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » March 26th, 2006, 5:33 pm

Thanks for your reply, but I wasn't referring to going back to the old habits. The whole reason I want to try this is to help establish new eating habits. And my question was just that, will Medifast help someone eat less afterward or have portion control?

Also, for Nutrisystem, I was looking for some experiences with that program vs Medifast.

I've read more posts and see that a lot of the results are with people with higher lb loss than I want. Anyone out there who only needed to lose that last 10-15 lbs?

Postby momof2 » March 26th, 2006, 5:34 pm

oops, that was me on the last post.. just clarifying
momof2

Postby Pashta » March 26th, 2006, 6:49 pm

Momof2, nice to meet you! I'm wondering why you would want to diet though? 5'3" and 127 is perfect weight... :?
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 26th, 2006, 9:04 pm

I think that if you want to lose weight and are willing to give Medifast a shot then go for it. It does teach you to eat correctly by eating smaller meals more often during the day and the lean and green helps you learn to make right choices about which food you take in. I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do. As for Nutrisystem I looked into it but thought about the fact that many of their meals are things that would not be things that I could eat daily and maintain my weight loss.

I have tried diet after diet and found that Medifast is the only thing that worked for me

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » March 26th, 2006, 9:16 pm

post edited because I didn't realize you only had 15lbs (if any???) to lose.
Last edited by dede4wd on March 26th, 2006, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » March 26th, 2006, 9:20 pm

Hi Momof2! Well, I could sit here and sing the praises of medifast all night long. However, medifast is a VERY serious diet for people with serious weight to lose. According to your stats, you're at a very healthy weight and by losing another 15 or so, you'd be bordering on being under weight. So, it would be my reccomendation to try weight watchers. It's a balanced diet and suited well for those that don't need to lose a lot of weight. In whatever you choose, best wishes :)
MusicalMomma

Oops!

Postby dede4wd » March 26th, 2006, 9:23 pm

I wrote a novel, sorry! Can you tell I'm pumped! I just read Pashta's post and realized that you have very little (if any) to lose. I can't speak for that, since I have A LOT to lose. You may just want to watch your nutrition and move some more and the little weight you have left to lose will come off in due time! MF works wonders for those of us whose health is on the line and are basically looking for a final option.

You may want to do a couple of shakes a day just for good nutritional balance. You could also follow the maintenance plan for these few pounds. Any balanced eating plan will help you get healthier.

Good luck!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Jan » March 26th, 2006, 11:07 pm

Hi there mom of 2,
About the only way not to lose those pesky pounds on MF is simply don't follow the program. If you follow it -- it works. I know several little flight attendants who only needed to lose about 10 -15 pounds and they did. That weight comes off exactly like more weight -- one pound at a time. Really :mrgreen: --- but sometimes when we get on the scale we find 3 or 4 pounds gone -- but really it did come off one pound at a time :mrgreen: It's a great way to part with the pounds and a wonderful program to stay exactly where you want to be. MF has a transistion program to add extra foods into your daily eating pattern and then a maintenance program to keep you exactly where you want to stay. As for other programs I can't speak for them -- I don't know. All I know is this works and is a great way to part with the pounds and keep them gone.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Diana » March 27th, 2006, 12:49 am

My sister-in-law is probably an exception to the fabulous results the rest of our family is having with MediFast. My sister has lost almost 40 lbs in about 8 weeks, I've lost 11.7 lbs in 10 days. My husband and mother are about to start.

My sister-in-law, though, is struggling with lupus and thyroid issues. She still lost 30 lbs in 28 weeks, but decided not to continue and has gained it back plus more due to the other conditions.

I have yet to run into anyone who has lost the weight, maintained the changes in their lifestyle and put the weight back on. However, I wouldn't be surprised to find the same results with other programs. The key for me, though, is that I didn't see results the way I'm seeing them with Medifast, so I never got to maintenance on any other program. For the first time in my life, I'm confident I'll get there.

AND this is the EASIEST program I've ever been on. And the support beats anything I found in Weight Watchers (tried it at least 3 times).

Best of luck with your decision. Most importantly, find what works FOR YOU.

Diana
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby aphrael » March 27th, 2006, 8:26 am

I will add my personal story to this.

I lost over 20 pounds with Medifast last summer, and I gained almost all of it back.

The reason being, I started eatting pizza, fast food, and junk food all day, everyday. And I had an excuse for it all, too teired, too busy, trying to sell my house, trying to move into new house, ext ext.

Than I went back on the program and didn't lose, why becuase I wasn't following the program. I had the supplements, but than I would cheat at dinner and not drink all my water. I didn't gain any more but I didn't lose.

So after being back on the program, really on the program for 2 months I am almost 30 pounds down.

The key is follow the program, don't try and add a little here or there and think that you can cheat the system. When adding things to the food to make it taste better be carefull you don't get carried away. When I realized that I was out of control I was making my chili with 2 fast soup packets, the added salsa and than adding crackers to it, and it was yummy. But that is way too many extras! So read all you can on the boards, stay with in the allowed extras list and drink all your pure water a day and Medifast will work for you.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 27th, 2006, 8:33 am

I just checked on the BMI calculator and even if you lost just 10lbs that would put your excess/favorable body mass in the negative. I was just wondering if you had consulted your Dr about losing more wieght and what he/she thought.

I would be very careful not to lose too much as I was told very recently that there are more people who die from being underweight than people who die from being overweight.

You might want to check with your MD before investing in any weight loss program.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby momof2 » March 27th, 2006, 8:52 am

Wow you guys are all great! I was so excited to see all the responses and such encouragement from you all! Thanks so much!! I'll go through and answer your questions:

1) Pashta, I gained a lot of weight after my 2 kids were born, went from about 120 to 180 (at the highest) so there started my journey to lose the weight. The first 35 lbs came off from breast feeding over a few years total. Then I did Atkins for the next 15 lbs over 5 weeks and have been around this ever since. It doesn't help that I'm addicted to carbs.. give me a piece of bread over steak any day! :) So I've tried everything from pills to exercise but I haven't really budged. So my goal is to get rid of those last 15 lbs (but I will probably be happy with less if I can get my jeans down from an 8 to 6 again). I'm very disportioned, small upper body and large thighs/butt so I'm trying to even that out. Also, my problem is overeating and I need to correct that to be happy with any program.

2) falisamarie, my goal is get rid of my bad habit of stuffing myself..especially when we eat out which is just way too often. I have found that I was so successful on Atkins because I wasn't crazy about the food so I eat less but as soon as I started to add more carbs (per the program) I lost control again. After I hit the plateau I couldn't find the motivation to eat the food again. Even though I'm still getting on the treadmill almost every day (even if for only 15 mins) I can't get my weight any lower. I know I can do more exercise, but it's a lot easier said than done.

3) MusicalMomma, thanks for the idea of WW. I thought about it and the whole counting points and the such seems like a hassle for me. I have seen all the WW frozen foods, etc, but haven't really looked into it enough to know if it's right for me. Maybe I'll check it out. I started out looking for something like Nutrisystem since there was no brain work involved, but stumbled across Medifast as I was doing some research and saw everyones great results and thought it might be for me.

4) dede4wd, I was thinking a couple of shakes might do it for me too, to get those snacking tendencies to go away... another one of my many faults. I think I will try the program as written and go from there.

5) Jan, I'm glad to hear there are others that actually did get the last lbs off. Those are always the hardest, aren't they!?

6) Diana, sorry to hear about your sisters troubles, but it sounds like the thyroid problems are not helping the situation. I tried Lipovarin and one of their programs includes a thyroid booster. A lot of the ladies on their message board are happy with their results. It gives you a lot of energy but I personally didn't get any overall results as soon as I went to Phase 2 of Atkins (adding back carbs). I hope I'm not destined to never eat carbs again.

Thanks again everyone for the great info and best of luck with everything. I think I will check out WW and if it's not for me, I will be placing my Medifast order soon and start a new thread on my results.

Started 4/1/06
momof2
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.