Anyone who didn't lose weight?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby momof2 » March 27th, 2006, 9:15 am

aphrael, I will probably struggle with sticking to the program too.. after Atkins Induction I added a bad carb here and there and next thing I knew I gained 10 lbs so back I went to Induction. With all the motivation from you all, I think I can do it. am at the point that I have been considering lipo on my thighs and that is just scary to me. I have 2 young kids and have no idea how I would manage to take care of them during recovery, not to mention the cost. I also need a lifestyle change and to
kick my bad eating habits. Lipo won't help me there and the money is a huge factor too. My hubby doesn't always help either because if I say, let's go out to eat he jumps and says ok (he can stand to loose some weight too 5'10, 233).

falisamarie, I was thinking about making an appt and asking about a program, but never thought 115 would be an unhealthy weight for me. Of course I don't count on being back to college weight of 105, but it would nice to get back to size 5/6 jeans. Hmm, I just did a BMI calculation on yahoo and it says it's still healthy (20.4) 18.5-24.9 is listed as normal. I'm 5'3. I have to unfortunately admit that I was trying the anorexia approach and even tried bulimia in a sense but have seen all the health issues involved and have stayed away lately. I started taking laxatives pretty often and didn't think it was a big deal until I read about someones health issue because of it. That scared me straight...well sort of straight since I still think about it once in a while. Just for that I am considering seeing a doc of therapist just to deal with my mental issues on this.
momof2
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » March 27th, 2006, 10:25 am

Dear Mom of 2 ~

Our Take Shape For Life Program is excellent for all people - we have programs for weight loss and weight management as well as nutritious snacks that provide nutritional intervention rather than pharmaceutical or surgical procedures to manage joint pain, diabetes and women's health issues.

Medifast is not just about weight loss. It IS a serious program for people who are serious about making healthful changes. I personally don’t look at this as a boot camp – It provided me with just what I NEEDED to lose a tonnage of flabber. I lost 135 pounds. My niece wanted to lose just 10 pounds and easily did it and is thrilled. To her, the 10 pounds was a lot of weight. She lost her 10 pounds the same way I lost my 135 pounds – we followed the program, we had a shake or a packet of food every two to three hours and we made it to our goal and then stayed there.

This stuff works.

Your current weight puts you at the high end of the weight scale for your height in terms of the BMI. I can understand wanting to lose a few more pounds - I am about the same as your weight but three inches taller than you are so I can understand - whether or not you choose to go for the full 15 pounds would be up to your doctor but even if your desire is to drop five pounds and to get your body into the routine of eating low glycemic meals and at two-three hour intervals, your energy level and your "power" over foods would definitely be enhanced. Cravings go away when you learn to eat balanced meals.

Our purpose here on MakeMeThinner is not to compare the Take Shape Program and the Medifast products with other programs or diets. TSFL is not a diet, it is a way to eat - we learn to eat 'this way' during the two phases of our program; the weight loss phase and continue to eat this way during the transition into the BeSlim™ phase.

The 25 years of research and clinical trials as well as personal use by thousands of doctors and a million plus clients has shown this to be safe and useful for all people from the ages of youngsters to the aged.

My parental units, in their 80's, use Medifast for healthy snacks and the nutritional assistance they need. My mother has a compromised immune system, Raynaud's syndrome (as do I), arthritis and osteoporosis; my Daddy has diabetes and had quadruple heart by-pass surgery. Neither of us need to lose weight but we need the nutritional boost that we get from the wonderful soy protein that is good for our heart and we need the balance of the macronutrients in the products.

Jan, one of our Health Advisors here at MakeMeThinner has a 100 year old Daddy that slurps up 5 or so RTDs daily - not for weight loss for good nutrition.

I have kept off my weight for over three years because I no longer eat the way I used to eat.

Daily I eat the way I learned to eat while I was on the weight loss phase. To maintain our weight loss we may never eat the way we ate before or we will regain our weight.

Habits must change; if they don’t, before Medifast, we were trending up because of our poor eating habits.

Adding the exercise component is vital – we need to actively move about 30 minutes a day. Not just walking at a snail’s pace thru the mall but getting our heart pumping just 30 minutes a day, eating breakfast, choosing low fat/low calorie balanced meals and eating 6 or so times a day keeps the fat fairy away!

Mom of 2, our TSFL program is for you, should you decide to go our way! Since you lose fat and not muscle when the program is followed properly, you may decide that you only want to drop 5-7 pounds and then transition and maintain. We have a program for people who want to lose 15 pounds or less.

We’re glad that you stopped by and asked about our programs!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby momof2 » March 27th, 2006, 10:43 am

Nancy, your success is amazing and the most sincere congratulations!! I'm excited to hear that there is a program out there to help me learn to eat right. I know once I do that I will be in a much better place. I have always been told to eat smaller meals more often, but I do exactly the opposite, eat one large meal and I feel it just sitting there in my stomach all day! I'm going for it and placing my order now.
momof2
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » March 27th, 2006, 12:25 pm

Dear Mom of 2 ~

Your MO was mine prior to Take Shape For Life - I ate some :twisted: snacks throughout the day, one gut-busting humongous meal and lots of desserts after the gut-buster and was in such a carbolic stupor and still full from the night before I never ate breakfast and the cycle started all over again.

We need to eat like birds here - if birds ate a huge load of worms or bugs all at once, they'd never get off the ground! Rather than do that, they eat smaller meals all throughout the day and spend a lot of energy in between tank-ups.

For us to maintain our weight, we eat 6 times a day or more - eat the proper balance of foods and move our hineys just half an hour a day. It's not a lot of effort (which is appealing to moi. I hate to sweat but I want my heart to keep on ticking so I can keep on enjoying my thinny life!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Previous

Return to Come on in.