Tell me I didn't mess up again!~

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Tell me I didn't mess up again!~

Postby Lulie » May 27th, 2006, 3:36 pm

OOOOH,

Here I am thinking too much again. OK here we go. I had a taco salad for me L&G (just meat, tomatoes, lettuce and a little taco sauce). But then I thought I would get inventive and spruce it up some by using a pack of my soy crisps on it for some extra crunchiness. It wasn't bad, but I will not waste my soy crisps on it again. They are better alone.

Anyway, I got to thinking what if I took in too many calories or carbs with this meal? Does this mean I am going to gain or what? Oh man, this is driving me up the wall always worrying if I am doing it right or not. I have been so careful this week that I just don't want to mess up. I know that I read others are eating their "snack" with their L&G sometimes and that is what gave me the idea. But that is probably a pickle, or such and those crisps have more calories/carbs than any ole pickle. What do you all think? Was I legal or was it a blow?

TIA
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Ketann » May 27th, 2006, 4:05 pm

You know what I would like to know? Where is this sacred 300 calorie Lean and Green rule written on any Medifast document? Every thing I have read from Medifast, all I have ever seen is 5 or 7 ounces of this or that and 1.5 or 2.5 cups of this or that. I hope I don't sound rude, but I never even heard of this 300 calorie rule until I joined this forum.

Lulie, I'm no expert, but I figure you can have your snack whenever you want it. If I am wrong about this, someone please correct me. Please don't develop an anxiety disorder over calories and carbs. This program is about weight loss, but also about learning.

Lulie, I think you are doing great :). The important thing is you care about what you are eating. With that, I know you are going to succeed.

Hugs,

Keturah
Ketann
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby BoPeep1 » May 27th, 2006, 5:09 pm

I had to laugh when I saw this post. I was coming here with the same thought on my mind because I had a McDonald's salad today.

I think for the most part we were very close to plan and didn't screw up anything so much that our weight loss will be affected (not counting my 7 day plateau).
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Breathe!!!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » May 27th, 2006, 5:33 pm

I am sure your fine if you used the soy crisp's as your snack for the day...and you measured your other ingredients.

My hubby and I regularly(2, sometimes 3 times a week) have a Lean and green taco salad, only we use 1 oz less of meat, and add 1 oz of kraft free cheddar along with lettuce, tomatoes,green peppers and we use our snack crackers(garden veggie to crumble up) We also use 1tsp of taco sauce and even a dab of fat free sour cream on top.

I also have never seen any 300 calorie rule in the quickstart book and one of the main reasons I love this diet is I DON'T need to count calories...I use the guidelines set forth in the quickstart and I know I am good to go. :)

No Worries!
Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969

Postby summerblue » May 27th, 2006, 6:19 pm

I"m sure you are fine.

I follow the plan pretty CLOSELY am I over 5 calories on some days, probably.......

I am active and excersize..........so over a tad once i a while and i dont freak over it.

that's just me! :-)
Start Date: September 17, 2006!!!!

DH also on MF, Kids Are 12 and 10 - and of course OAKLEY the dog :-)
summerblue
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » May 27th, 2006, 8:52 pm

Hi, Lulie ~

Your supper sounds like it was very good and I would not worry about it. It's an interesting combination to think about adding the Soy Crisps to your Taco Salad. I assume you added the Ranch or White Cheddar flaves and not the Apple Cinnies, eh? Were the Soy Crisps a little too sweet for use on a salad?

The cool thing about Medifast is we don't have to drag out the calculator to be on this program - I do feel it is important to weigh the meat/fish portion and measure the veggies, however - mostly to be sure that one gets a full portion and to help keep the balance of the macronutrients in the proper ratio for maximum weight loss and to preserve muscle tissue.

Snacks may be used any time of the day - with a meal or in between a meal. I like the Soy Crisps because they have more protein in them than do the crackers.

There are some people on the MakeMeThinner Forum that seem to have this built-in need to know all the details regarding the nutritional analysis of the Lean and Green meals. I think of them as "National Inquirer" Peeps... ya know the types – Inquiring-Minds-Hafta-Know or they-can't-go-to-sleep-at-night people. For their benefit alone do I give the rough balance for the L & G Meal: it's usually between 300-350 Calories with about 10-12 grams of carbohydrates.

The lean and green meal should consist of a lean protein portion and a low-carbohydrate vegetable eaten together at the same meal time.

Lulie, don’t sweat it – you’re doin’ fine. I'm keeping my good eye on you and see the pounds melting away! Happy Thinniness ahead for us all!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lulie » May 27th, 2006, 10:03 pm

Thanks so much everyone! I know I shouldn't worry so much, but I just want a good loss when I get on the dreaded "scale" :x ! I want to do everything right so I can lose this flub. I want to be thin, and I don't want to do something stupid to mess it up. Know what I mean?

I am sooooo glad to hear I am not the only one who has this problem though. :)

Thanks so much to everyone.

Nancy, my advice is to not waste the soy crisps on your salad. You pretty much can't taste them. The flavor is kinda absorbed in with the other stuff. A total waste of a precious product! LOL Next time I will just savor them alone.

And man oh man does that taco salad sound much better than mine! I think I may try that one out tomorrow. I have some meat left over and that sounds yum! Thanks for the tip.

I cannot thank you all enough for posting and helping me. I can't put into words how much I appreciate you all.

Thanks again.
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie

Return to Weight Loss