Did I mess up? How do you work around this?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Did I mess up? How do you work around this?

Postby mmob » January 29th, 2006, 2:24 pm

I got a late start today - had my shake before Church - then we went out - so I didn't get 'lunch' till 2pm - (oddly enough I wasn't famished either) - anyway - it's now 4:30ish and I just had a supplement - so that's only three so far - Dinner is at approx 6 tonight - and then around 8 I was going to have another supplement - but that still leaves one out - and I'm not staying up late just to have one!!! :?

So now what? Did I mess up (this also happened one other day - and I just let it go - but not sure if that's what I SHOULD do).....

ALSO on a really busy day is it ok to just have 6 supplements? Is chili ok to have twice in one day if I do that - like for lunch and dinner??

Thanks!!

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 29th, 2006, 2:33 pm

A health advisor will probably chime in here, but my best understanding is that you must not skip supplements - no matter what. It would be better to double up at 8:00 than to skip.

A better way in future might be that if you see that you are getting behind, space the supplements closer together, like 2 hr. instead of 3, so that you can get them all in without doubleing up.

I always try to take something along when I go out, just in case the unexpected happens. RTD shakes are great for that.

Just keep on shakin' :lol:
Last edited by Serendipity on January 29th, 2006, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby stelar » January 29th, 2006, 2:34 pm

Hi MMOB,
I eat every 2 hours on the days that start late. That helps me. You might consider grabbing a bar too for a little more sustenance.

TTYL,
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby mmob » January 29th, 2006, 2:38 pm

Thanks - I know I should have planned better but honestly didn't know we were going to making some stops after church today - and I've only been doing this a week so the habits are not ingrained to think of it.

I guess my question was more DID I screw up?/ I know I need to work on preventing it in the future - and I guess I need to have TWO supplements at 8ish tonight then??

I'm trying really hard to schedule it all in - just goofed today and last tuesday!

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 29th, 2006, 2:43 pm

mmob, it's not the end of the world, but we aren't supposed to make a habit of doubling up.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby falisamarie » January 29th, 2006, 3:40 pm

As for your other questions in my understanding it is ok to have 6 supplements on busy days but if it is an everyday thing you should only do it under a doctors supervision, And as far as I know it is fine to have whatever supplements you want so you can have chili twice and that is fine!!!!!!

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Missing Supplements

Postby Jan » January 29th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Hi Mmob,
You have received some great help!! :D Please try not to skip supplements. :( There are two problems with this. First of course you will lower your caloric intake toooo much and may put yourself in starvation mode and secondly you can set yourself up for foody attacks. :( I try to carry an extra something in my car with me just for the toooo long trips (We all miscalculate how long we are going to be gone at times) The bars are great as long as you don't live in a very hot climate (If you do maybe you could just stick one in your purse so it will go right into the air conditioning with you) Or, the Ready to Drinks are good too. This way you are prepared for those toooo long journeys. Once in awhile you can mix two together to get all 5 in but this is not the best idea. We really want you to have 5 spaced apart. You can space them 2-3 hrs.
Now to your chili question. You may have any number ofchili meals each day that you like. The only product that is limited to one per day is the bars. They have extra carbs so only one per day. Otherwise you may mix and match anyway -- just so long as you get in 5 for the 5/1. Once in awhile it's ok to do 6 with no lean and green but not as a regular plan unless you are being monitored by a Dr.
Jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room