How to Medifast When You Mess Up

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

How to Medifast When You Mess Up

Postby KimKim » July 10th, 2006, 9:15 pm

Hi Folks,

Okay, I've had some frustrating days as of late and it's produced some questions. I think I'll post them separately in case others want to chime in on a specific topic.

First thing . . . how do you Medifast when you mess up?

By that I mean . . . if you've had cheating / off plan days, should you still try to get all of your supplements in or just look at the caloric intake, keep it as low as possible and start over again the next day?

There have been days where I knew I was in "the zone" because I wasn't all that hungry. Then, I would mess up and have more soy crisps than I was supposed to have. No surprise, I would not be hungry enough to have a supplement later on, so I would end up with only 3 - 4 supplements for the day. I rationalized that since I "over-carbed" on the soy crisps (Medifast or other brands), that I should just skip some of the supplements because, after all, it's calories in, calories out.

On the other hand, there were days when I just outright cheated. Like Lemon Meringue Pie cheated. Yes, yes, I know it doesn't taste as being thinner and healthier feels but it happened anyway.

I input my caloric intake (even when I'm cheating) into Mymedifast because it shows us the general calories we should have per day for our size and then what we have eaten, minus the calories used in exercise. Calories in, calories out.

So, if I've taken in too many calories in one area, should I still try to get all the Medifast supplements in or just recognize all the calories and start anew the next day?

Should I go ahead and take in all the calories because of the nutrition Medifast provides (that lemon meringue pie does not!), etc?

I'm asking because things like this happened 3-4 days in a row (not the pie, that and other forms of cheating) and it's just frustrating. But I am also curious because I know Medifast is working for me in that my portions are simply much lower, no matter what I eat or what I cheat with. I obviously have not totally made up my mind not to cheat or I would not cheat. I'm angry at myself and will get back on but right now, I have teased myself by losing and gaining the same basic 5-7 pounds. For goodness sakes!!!

Alright, that's my first question / rant.

Thanks for answering / listening!

Kim
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » July 11th, 2006, 3:47 am

I would have all the Medifast supplements a day that I should be eating/drinking.

Keeps you in the habit, ya know? ;)

Also, if you don't have the MF, your protein/carb balance will probably be skewed more towards carbs -- leading to the dreaded Hunger. Or bloating from water gain.

And the hunger could lead to pie. Or vegan lasagna. :lol:

You might as well get in the nutrients and added protein from the MF. I don't think cutting out the MF to "save" calories is the way to go. MF is pretty dang low in calories as it is. ;)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » July 11th, 2006, 5:20 am

I agree with Sarah. Unless your binge was seriously mass quantities, I would just continue with Medifast as if it didn't happen. At the very least, you should hop back on and continue having a Medifast supplement every 2-3 hours for the rest of the day. Do NOT wait to restart until the next day because your mind will then allow you to binge for the rest of the day.....not good.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Hiya

Postby dede4wd » July 12th, 2006, 5:33 pm

Yup,
What they said...get back on IMMEDIATELY! you still need the protein and the vitamins. It keeps you in the habit, AND it keeps you from "writing off the day" and continuing to cheat!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thanks!

Postby KimKim » July 12th, 2006, 10:12 pm

Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much. Just for the record, I have "cheats" in a day but I've never been totally off Medifast since I began (just the horror of that thought keeps me in the program, even if wayward!). But there are those days where I would only have 3 or 4 supplements, usually related to off-plan activity.

But you all are so right because when I analyzed my daily nutrition score, the carb percentage was simply much higher and, as you've said, I get all of my vitamins and other nutrition in when I'm Medifasting!

Well, you'll be proud to know that I jumped right back on the bandwagon with two fully compliant days and ahhh, the sweet, sweet satisfaction of compliance!

I feel great!

Kim
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Re: Thanks!

Postby Serendipity » July 13th, 2006, 3:49 am

KimKim wrote:Well, you'll be proud to know that I jumped right back on the bandwagon with two fully compliant days and ahhh, the sweet, sweet satisfaction of compliance!

Kim

I'm so happy to hear that! It's good to know that our harping works sometimes. :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Arklahoma » July 16th, 2006, 8:08 am

Compliance Rocks!!!

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room