DarkandStormy's journal

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby horsey girl » March 13th, 2007, 1:35 pm

Beth, Those people don't have your interests at heart so why would you pay any attention to what they say or care? Those who do enjoy your company certainly aren't going to care what you eat, so go along and do your own thing! I think that often people reflect back to us our own attitudes. I would approach this with confidence, sure of your decision to do it, and you might be surprised at how people respect it and admire you for your willpower. I think Mike is right. Some of these folks are probably curious and may actually want to know about it, but are embarrassed to ask. The decision to lose weight means admitting you are fat in the first place and that is not easy for us to face at first. And having done the journey, I can tell you, you will be astonished at the respect, awe and admiration they will express when you have lost the weight. There will also be a few who are jealous, but, hey, they just wish they could! :mrgreen:
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby MerryMary » March 13th, 2007, 3:03 pm

DarkAndStormy wrote: I have a bunch of overweight miserable people who are constantly in my business and making me feel like crap.

Sounds like they may want you to join their misery rather than do what you know in your heart is best for you :|

Beth, you have the right to chose the program that works best for you but any program will still put you face to face with the "overweight miserable people" you work with. Do you want their comments to influence your life--or ... do you want to take personal control of it? It is your choice (and life is full of them).

Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'