Cyd

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby lifelovinaries » May 8th, 2008, 1:56 pm

how's that??? :roflmao: hope it helps :D

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby cydj21 » May 8th, 2008, 4:29 pm

lifelovinaries wrote:DANG NAB IT CYD!!! :x :x :x YOU DON'T HAVE A PEDOMETER YET, SO YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH EXERCISE YOU HAVE GOTTEN IN FOR THE DAY. GET YOUR BUTT TO THE GYM!!! THAT'S THE PURPOSE OF A DVR, SO YOU CAN WATCH AT YOUR LEISURE...YOUR LEISURE WILL BE AFTER THE GYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect! LOL :lol:

You will be glad to know, I just got home from the gym. I even ramped it up a bit today. I've been taking it easy lately, about 275 calories over 2 miles in 30 minutes. Today I pushed out 341 calories in 2.4 miles in 35 minutes, and instead of spending most of the time walking with some jogging, I jogged over half the time today. I know the calories are just an estimate, but I figure it serves as a benchmark to compare each gym visit to the last so I definitely worked it good today. And yes, I am glad I went.

Another NSV....no - I lied....it is the very definition of a scale victory. :D At any rate, the gym locker room scale (the kind like in a doctor's office) has never registered under 200lbs for me. I am always there with a lot of water in my stomach and fully clothed so it has naturally always been higher. Today was my first time on it in over a month and I weighed in the mid 190s....considering it was late in the day, after my L/G and a bazillion ounces of water, I was very happy about that. There was something pleasant in the psychological victory of not having to slide the weight over from 150 to 200 to get it to balance. One small step at a time!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby katieb920 » May 8th, 2008, 6:14 pm

They are the best NSV's ....... Girl I just started this exercising. I am really into it now. But give me 2 weeks. :mrgreen: Do you remember the game who gets there first. Let's make that us. The 2 of us. We are at the same weight.. Lets make it a challenge. You win I buy you 2 boxes of shakes. I win you give me a million dollars :roflmao: No i give you 2 boxes. I am just so tired of being heavy. I want to go into a store and go write to the Misses department and pick what ever I want out.

Glad you went to the gym.

Erica can be our ref.......
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sojourner » May 8th, 2008, 7:04 pm

katieb920 wrote:You win I buy you 2 boxes of shakes. I win you give me a million dollars :roflmao: No i give you 2 boxes.

Hey, Cyd!
How ya' gonna' pass this up??
Either way, you get 2 boxes of shakes!!
It's right there in print.
:roflmao:

Congrats on the SV and on the work out.
Great job!
:clap:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby lifelovinaries » May 8th, 2008, 7:38 pm

katieb920 wrote:Erica can be our ref.......

:coach: c'mon grasshoppers!!!! GET IT TOGETHER! I DON'T CARE IF YOU POGO, BOGO OR JOG-O JUST GO! Shake it up and shake it off you little larvae! :coach:

wow! this is kinda fun...:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Maybe i should try yellin at MYSELF!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby katieb920 » May 9th, 2008, 4:38 am

Sojourner wrote:
katieb920 wrote:You win I buy you 2 boxes of shakes. I win you give me a million dollars :roflmao: No i give you 2 boxes.

Congrats on the SV and on the work out.
Great job!
:clap:[/color]

Yeah I was a little tired when I wrote that. How bout either way YOu give me a million dollars :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby cydj21 » May 9th, 2008, 5:34 am

katieb920 wrote:I am just so tired of being heavy.

Yes!!! I am so tired of being heavy, too! I am up for the challenge and I cannot wait. :stroll: (<----this is us, getting to the 170s) I HATED the scale this morning. I've been stable and/or slightly up all damn week and it is driving me to distraction. Luckily, I will be at Mike's all weekend and won't be near the scale again until weigh-in on Monday so hopefully I can avoid going crazy and I can come home to some kind of loss after the weekend. I have plans with a girlfriend who lives in Mike's area to walk at least 4 miles on Saturday and I am going to work on those 72 push-ups a couple of times, too. I also packed enough Momentum for Saturday and Sunday so I can give it a try again and see how it makes me feel and if it does anything for me in the weight loss department.

Erica will make the best ref! :lol:

And for the record, if I had a million dollars I'd be happy to share it! :roflmao:
Cyd
cydj21

Postby DogMa » May 9th, 2008, 7:39 am

I'm a little late here, but I looked into pedometer reviews before I bought one (which I no longer use, to be honest). It was very accurate, and even worked when it was in my purse or pocket rather than clipped on. When I first got it, I had to do some set-up - inputting my height and measuring my steps, so that it would be more accurate.

It's an Omron, I believe. Got it on Amazon.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby cydj21 » May 12th, 2008, 8:09 am

Bah humbug.

I am exasperated beyond words. I weighed in this morning up 0.4 from last week. Once again, I was 100% compliant and even ramped up exercise late in the week once I realized the scale and I were in a war and I obviously came out on the losing side of things...and not in a good way! I watch everything I eat, I rarely eat the allowed snacks, if I drank any more water during the day I'd be fired for spending the entire day in the bathroom, and I even turned down dinner over the weekend with good friends from out of town at our favorite restaurant because I knew it was one where finding an appropriate L/G would be impossible.

At this point, a full 5 weeks in, with two BAD weeks in the midst of that time...you start to wonder what the hell you're spending $300+/month for when I could see bigger results just watching what I ate and kicking my butt at the gym. Luckily, I am not the kind who gets frustrated and gives up right away, but I can say I will start to question whether or not I should reorder in a few weeks if things don't pick up....I am too stressed financially to make the commitment, give 100% of myself to the program, and not have it give anything back to me. I miss sharing a bottle of wine on Friday nights with Mike and I am starting to miss food....so the timing of this stall/gain is even worse.

Gosh. I get so frustrated. This process has been so long and tiring, so unending. The last 20lbs or so have been so difficult to lose and here I am, seemingly stuck again. You start to feel desperate and panicked, like how do I do it? If this doesn't work, what will? You question if your body is just so well adapted to low calories that it's no longer effective and wonder how to combat that. Do I need to spend every day, all day long at the gym? What is the answer? How do I get there? I'm losing stamina and I fear that could eventually affect my discipline on program.

I have another 45lbs to lose and somedays it feels like I will be lucky to lose even just one more...
Cyd
cydj21

Postby DogMa » May 12th, 2008, 8:59 am

I know how frustrating it is. If you want to start TRYING other things, you might start with having either the allowed snacks or an extra shake on days that you walk. You just might need a few extra calories, especially after being on program for a while.

Don't forget to measure. Sometimes the inches come off faster than the pounds.

And remember that stalls happen on ALL plans. Sometimes I think your body just needs a few weeks to kinda catch up to itself and regroup a little, so it takes a little break from losing. Hang in there!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby cydj21 » May 13th, 2008, 8:22 am

Robin, I am certainly glad you are around to help keep me sane. Sometimes it is all just too overwhelming...

So, in my quest to keep pushing forward I did a lot of soul searching yesterday. I had to remind myself why weight loss is so important to me, beyond just the physical appearance matters at hand. The bottom line is - heart disease is a major issue in my family. All four of grandparents have/had major heart health complications. My maternal grandfather was obese my entire life, had a heart attack while I was a child, and died of lung cancer in 2003. My maternal grandmother died in February of a heart attack after years of struggling with all kind of blocked arteries, congestive heart failure, etc. My paternal grandfather is healthy these days but suffered a massive stroke a few years ago after a procedure to clear out arteries ended up creating a blockage. My maternal grandmother had a double valve replacement in January, has a pacemaker and suffers daily with complications from diabetes. Her history is more complicated because many of her issues stem from her battle with rheumatic fever as a child, but it is still a major concern for me. Both of my parents have been on medication for high blood pressure and/or cholesterol for 5 -10 years now and they are still just in their early 50s.

I am healthy. I have been healthy and imagine I will continue to be healthy. Both of mother's parents spent decades smoking, which undoubtedly contributed to their health issues, but much of it is likely heredity. I never want my weight to play into my health. If I am already battling genes, I need my weight and lifestyle to be on my side. When things get slow, tiring, exhausting, frustrating, I cannot lose sight of that priority. Because my grandmother died in the dead of winter in extreme upstate NY, her burial will be taking place next week as a winter burial is impossible. As I prepare for that emotionally and mentally as best I can, I am reminded of the pledge I made to myself standing beside her casket back in February - I will not go this way before my time. I will not do it to myself or to my family.

So with all of this said, I'm ready to go. I hope the scale is ready with me. I vow to myself I will not be a fat bride, because I do not want to start my marriage with this huge task looming over my head. It will be the physical proof that I have done what I needed to do to adjust my lifestyle and outlook such that I can transition into marriage and motherhood healthfully and responsibily. And besides, nobody wants to hate their wedding photos! :lol:

The things I am doing this week to help my quest:
    Sticking to walking only and seeing where that gets me. No hard workouts at the gym. If that doesn't work, next week I will add the gym back in again but make sure 100% to add an extra shake at the same time.
    Switching up my L/G to keep it interesting and help curb that need to munch and chew. I made a great lunch today (I am going to post in the Lean Cuisine thread about it later today) and cannot wait for the lunch hour.
    Working on a plan to keep myself on program as much as possible while I am home next weekend for Memorial Day weekend when I am facing three+ days of nonstop parties, food and temptation...including the inevitable dinner and drinks my father will expect to treat Mike and I to when this engagement is official.
    Reminding myself daily of ALL the reasons I need this, want this, and will do this.

If anyone is still reading at this point, I hope you're having a great Tuesday. The sun is finally out again and hopefully we can maintain that for a day or two this week...all of the clouds and rain was wearing me out! :D

PS: I would just like to point out that my grandmother who had rheumatic fever as a kid was not expected to live past 25 because of all the damage to her heart. Today she is 76 and the proud mother of 8 children which does not include the 5 miscarriages for a total of 13 pregnancies. Talk about one heck of a woman! :heart:
Cyd
cydj21

Postby DogMa » May 13th, 2008, 8:43 am

First of all, I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandmother. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love.

That said, quit being my twin!! I was JUST NOW having an e-mail conversation with a friend about this very thing. She was saying she'll never be thin because she doesn't want to deprive herself of things like ice cream - and said something about this being just vanity pounds for me at this point.

I was saying that as much as, yes, I want to look good, it's really also very much about health for me, and I really just need to remember that. Both my parents were diabetic and had heart disease, and both died by the time I was 30. My brother, who is less than three years older than I am, has diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I HAD high cholesterol, but have fixed it with diet and exercise.

My parents didn't like to "deprive" themselves of treats, either. So instead, I was deprived of my parents for the past 16 years (and however many more years I live). My brother doesn't like to deprive himself, and it breaks my heart, because his wife and I will probably both be deprived of him sooner than we should be. I would rather deprive myself of ice cream than of my health and longevity and the ability to be active and enjoy life. (And besides that, I deprive myself of things all the time for the long-term benefits. A new car, some cool gadgets I want, even more dogs. It's part of being an adult.)

I just need to remember all that the next time I'm tempted.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby aquarianskye » May 13th, 2008, 9:11 am

Hey lady! I guess I've missed a few things while being awol again. I'm sorry you had a bad week on plan. I know how frustrating that can be. I'm glad you stopped to remember all the reasons you're trying to get healthy. It's good to remind ourselves that we ant to be healthy not just skinny. I have to remind myself all the time that there are unhealthy skinnies out there and that's not what I want to be. I want to be healthy.

Happy birthday to your grandma! Hope that you have a GREAT day! I'm going to check in again later.
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby cydj21 » May 14th, 2008, 6:57 am

Thanks, Robin, for chiming in...knowing there are far more meaningful reasons to pass on ice cream, pizza, and Sun Chips than vanity is what keeps me moving. There is a girl in my office who is very slim...probably 125. She works out a lot and watches everything she eats. Other people give her grief like she's obsessive about her weight or something, but at one point she was probably 50lbs heavier so she knows what it is like to struggle to lose and maintain and never wants to lose sight of where she is and why she fought to get there. I think I'm the only one who understands why she does what she does.

At any rate, I'm feeling increasingly better as the week goes on. I've cut out the gym and just gone back to walking the canal at lunch for 25 - 30 minutes and then walking with the dog(s) another 20 - 30 minutes in the evenings so I am moving, but not pushing myself into a sweaty mess. I've pushed myself again on the water. I drink 4 full liters before I leave the office at night and then usually take in another three or four 8oz glasses at home in the evenings. Yes, I am up peeing all night, but after having all that water during the day I feel parched and dehydrated if I suddenly stop at 5:30 when I leave the office. If the scale is not lying, I am already down one full pound (from my horrid Monday weigh-in of 190.2) in first couple of days this week, so hopefully I can pull something good off this week.
Cyd
cydj21

Postby DogMa » May 14th, 2008, 9:02 am

I usually drink the bulk of my water during the day, and then half a liter to a liter at night, but I pretty much ALWAYS stop drinking an hour before bedtime. And I hardly ever have to get up during the night (only if something else wakes me up).

And that woman sounds like me. People are always harassing me about it, and don't understand why I'm so freaked out by 5 or 6 pounds. But we've all been there, and we know where those 5 pounds can lead if we just ignore them.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal