Cyd

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby cydj21 » May 15th, 2008, 6:58 am

So this week I hope the scale isn't lying, whereas I spent all of last week hoping it was. Log this as further proof that when the number stops falling you just have to hold on, stay compliant and let the program do its magic. It may not hurt that I've cut the gym out and reverted back to just walks once or twice most days. Recognizing anything can happen between now and Monday's weigh-in, the scale this morning tells me I am already down 2.4lbs this week which includes the 0.4 "increase" over last week's start weight. If I managed to lose nothing more this week, I will be ecstatic if I just coast into Monday still showing up at 187.8 because that number made me VERY happy this morning! :D Perhaps that ticker to countdown to the 170s that I started yesterday is really helping? lol

Anyway, had a good challenge at lunch yesterday. We went out to eat for a coworkers birthday and the office always goes to our favorite Thai place around the corner. I usually love the gaeng masaman with yellow curry coconut milk sauce, sweet potatoes and peanuts...but yesterday I stuck with the lemon grass chicken. I added broccoli to my order so I could pick around the snap peas and gave my rice to a coworker who always orders extra. I skipped out on frozen custard when we stopped on the way back to the office and ended the afternoon feeling really satisfied with my meal and with my conscience. I always enjoy proving to myself that I can take part in what everyone else is doing while on MF without blowing it for the day. :D
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DogMa » May 15th, 2008, 7:13 am

Good job!!! I always struggle at Asian places, not so much because of the food but because of the amount of sodium they add. It always affects me pretty strongly (so if you bounce up a bit, don't panic and just drink some extra water).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby aquarianskye » May 15th, 2008, 8:12 am

Good morning lady! Glad to see what you did yesterday at lunch. What a major accomplishment.

That whole ticker thingy--isn't it funny how strange the mind can be. I hope you have an awesome on-plan day!
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby summergirl » May 15th, 2008, 1:20 pm

Oh Cyd, I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate Monday weigh in... I really understand how you were feeling when you wrote that day. I had weeks where I was 100% compliant and NOTHING was happening. It is oh so discouraging... I was where you were, while I was concerned about the money I was spending on it, and worrying about whether it would be beneficial to keep on going...

I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you! I have a feeling you're overexercising/undereating, possibly. I think maybe you've found what is making your loss slow down. Maybe things will bounce back like crazy!

I look forward to hearing your updates. Not much new with me... I'll update my journal in the near future!

Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » May 15th, 2008, 7:07 pm

great job on making the right food choices at lunch! I'm glad the scale is being cooperative so far this week. Keep it up girl!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby cydj21 » May 18th, 2008, 8:39 am

Just stopping by quickly to check in and say hello! I am traveling this weekend so I haven't been around much, but I will be back tomorrow. I hope everyone had a great Roll Call! :D
Cyd
cydj21

Postby Maisy » May 18th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Just peeking in to say HI! So HI!
Maisy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby cydj21 » May 19th, 2008, 6:33 am

Well, after one heck of a busy weekend I am back and ready to kick some butt this week. With my 0.4lb whoops of a "gain" at last weigh-in included, I slothed off 2.6lb last week bringing me to 187.6lbs...and I cannot complain after the disappointment of last weigh-in.

The weekend was difficult. Saturday I spent the morning researching/visiting wedding venues with my mother and sister, had my hair cut, and had to run a bunch of errands all afternoon. Water intake was definitely down, but likely still high enough to be sufficient, and it was a struggle to get in all 5 MF meals.

Sunday was my first real struggle. This bridal shower I've been planning was at 3pm. I had my L/G before I went over to help set up, because I knew there would be a ton of food around and I didn't want to get hungry in the midst of everything. I underestimated how much I would be affected by the presence of so much food. The bride has a big Italian family and there was no end of homemade pasta, sourdough bread, bruschetta, caprese platters. You name it - we had it...including a spread of 4 gourmet cakes compliments of yours truly. Passing up the cake was ok for me...I had been planning the cakes for weeks and had prepared myself against the cake mentally. Even serving it and with frosting all over my fingers it was not difficult for me to wipe the frosting off instead of licking my fingers.

Let's just say, after an extended period of watching over fifty women devour incredible food, it was really getting to me. I made a conscious decision to avoid eating anything with carbs or sugar, but did have a few slices of cheddar cheese and a good size handful of cashews. At one point I felt really down about having done so, but then I stood back and evaluated it and realized...geez, I could have totally shoved my face in giant slice of triple chocolate cake, but I didn't and that is huge progress for me.

Following the shower, we met up with the boys at their "manshower" at a local bar/grill where they had been hanging out all afternoon. Everyone was drinking wine and ordered dinner and I just put down several pint glasses of water with lime and didn't stray again for the remainder of the evening, opting to cut out a MF meal to balance things out. I woke up this morning, had a bar for breakfast as I headed out to drive back for work (3+ hour drive this morning = yuck) and am getting ready for some apple cinnamon oatmeal.

Hoping for another 2.6lbs this week so I can hit 185! :D
Cyd
cydj21

Postby DogMa » May 19th, 2008, 7:16 am

Some people might get down on you for indulging a little at the shower, but I think you did a great job, considering. And again, great practice for maintenance.

And now you're right back on program, so congratulations.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby cydj21 » May 19th, 2008, 10:53 am

Thanks, Robin! :D I was down on myself, to be honest, for about the first 30 minutes. Then I was really happy I was able to have what I had without it turning into a food free for all. Knowing I can turn down all the other stuff and still really enjoy myself at an event was a nice accomplishment.
Cyd
cydj21

Postby DogMa » May 19th, 2008, 11:02 am

Yeah, and talk about a tough event. It's not just the normal cake and mediocre party food (or even really GOOD party food). But homemade Italian food? Ugh.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Diana » May 19th, 2008, 12:32 pm

Cyd!! What an incredible success!! Anyone in their right mind would have struggled, and YOU!!! emerged with only some cheddar cheese and a handful of cashews!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby summergirl » May 19th, 2008, 1:05 pm

I have to agree...cheese and cashews is quite an accomplishment! Way to go. It's so hard in those situations to just let yourself "go for it", because it always feels so "unfair"! Great job! :mrgreen:

Congrats on the loss this week! How great! You're doing very well and I love reading up on things! :D
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby vcille » May 19th, 2008, 4:55 pm

I'm with everyone else!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!! YOu found a way of escape without indulging in all that fat! You certainly could have done so much worse!!! I'm very proud of you
vcille
vcille

Postby cydj21 » May 19th, 2008, 6:22 pm

Thank you everyone for chiming in! :D It is good to know I'm not fooling myself into thinking it was an ok oops and that keeps me stronger and even more excited to keep pushing forward. Thanks again! :heart:
Cyd
cydj21

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal