Cyd

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DogMa » May 20th, 2008, 7:25 am

Well, yeah, all that wasn't to say you should go ahead and do that EVERY time you get faced with temptation. But given the circumstances, you did what you could. And if you ARE gonna go off plan a bit like that, staying in ketosis is the best way to do it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby cydj21 » May 20th, 2008, 8:33 am

DogMa wrote:Well, yeah, all that wasn't to say you should go ahead and do that EVERY time you get faced with temptation.

Well, I never typically go off plan - not even a bite here or there. This is the first time on MF, either this time around or the first time, that I've ever eaten off plan. I'm just glad I managed to keep myself away from the bread, cake, etc. It allows me to avoid feeling riddled with guilt, which in turn made staying right on plan extremely easy for me. It is just nice to have other people reaffirm that it wasn't the end of the world to have had some cheese and cashews.

I am not sure if the scale is playing games or if it was serious this morning. I stepped on the sucker pre-shower and I swear it said 185.0 - no lie. I got on a few times to confirm. Post-shower with wet hair it was still saying 185.4lbs. My hydration level was up and I drank enough water yesterday and throughout the evening that I cannot imagine it was dehydration. Crazy! At any rate, I won't believe that number until it sticks around for a few days, but it was a pleasant sight to see, that is for sure! I have no idea where that 2.6lb supposedly disappeared to yesterday, but if it is really gone I am happy to say goodbye! :D We shall see...if tomorrow morning I am still somewhere in the 185s I will consider it real, but in the meantime at least I'll recognize what 185 looks like when I see it for "real" if this is just a fluke. :lol:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DogMa » May 20th, 2008, 8:40 am

Maybe it's a reward for the cashews and cheese. (I'm like you, though; I want to see the number more than once before I'll believe it. But it's nice even to see it fleetingly.)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby DogMa » May 21st, 2008, 3:40 pm

Hey, where are you today?
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby cydj21 » May 22nd, 2008, 10:12 am

I'm here!!! :D We have been traveling like crazy, 6 hours in the car yesterday alone. Mike had a job interview so I skipped out of work early to help him out with the driving and then we'll be back in the car this evening and tomorrow morning to meet up with family for the holiday weekend. Phew! I cannot wait to just park my car and not move for a while. Needless to say, the spike in gas prices did not hit my schedule at the right time! :-P

With all of this travel, I may have to get myself some RTDs next order. I just do not love the shakes on the road the way I love them all frosty and whipped up in my blender with an excess of ice. Tomorrow will be yet another hectic day and basically at this rate it will be this time next week before I am stationary for more than an evening or two. Bah humbug! I hate paying for gas!:mrgreen:

So I am at Mike's today so no access to my scale, but I did weigh in still in the 185s (up a few tenths) yesterday so pending tomorrow's weight I may consider it "real" after all. As I stare down the temptation of Memorial Day weekend I am just trying to stay as solid as possible.

Oh! I've been doing those push-ups as Erica prescribed, the increasing sets up to 8 and then back down. I love them! They are definitely tough once you hit the set of 8 and start back down so I am hoping for noticeable result fairly quickly.
Cyd
cydj21

Postby DogMa » May 22nd, 2008, 10:45 am

That's great. And I'm so glad to hear from you! You had me worried there for a second.

I actually put things in motion this week to buy a Prius, even though I have no business buying a new car right now. But I figure gas prices are only gonna go up, not down, and with my new, longer commute, I could really use a hybrid. I'd rather my money go to a new car than to the oil companies.

I'm supposed to test drive one next weekend, since I'll be gone THIS weekend. And then get my name on the waiting list. (I can get one sooner, but I'd have to pay over sticker. If I'm willing to wait, I can actually get a little UNDER sticker price. Which I gather is good for a Prius, because most places are charging a premium for them these days.)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby cydj21 » May 22nd, 2008, 11:09 am

A buddy of mine just got a Civic Hybrid a few months ago because he has a long commute in the Boston area. He really likes it and is definitely largely unaffected by the gas price hike thus far so that is definitely a great thing. Let me know what you think once you drive the Prius!
Cyd
cydj21

Postby DogMa » May 22nd, 2008, 11:56 am

My brother's had one for eight years, so I've been IN one a lot, although I haven't driven it before. His only complaint is that it's smaller than his old one (a Camry), but I've always driven a small car, so that won't bother me.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby summergirl » May 22nd, 2008, 1:38 pm

Not to hijack, but I have a heckuva commute, as well. 60-80 miles round trip a day... And I drive a jeep grand cherokee. It's killing me and I would love to hear more about the Prius, etc...
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby cydj21 » May 22nd, 2008, 2:24 pm

That is a brutal commute! I do 40 miles round trip and hate that...sheesh. I think you'd notice a considerable difference even if you just got a car with a smaller engine, hybrid or not. Robin will have to let us know what she thinks after that test drive! :D
Cyd
cydj21

Postby DogMa » May 22nd, 2008, 2:44 pm

Mine's about 60 round trip. Up from 30 at my old job. Sigh. Too bad a new car won't also make it go FASTER. I wouldn't mind all that time on the road, but I feel bad for the dogs.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby summergirl » May 23rd, 2008, 1:35 pm

I'm the same way, it's over two hours extra away from my girls and that makes me feel bad. :cry: If I worked closer to home, I'd certainly get to see them more...

Maybe someday. :mrgreen:
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby cydj21 » May 24th, 2008, 2:56 pm

Just checking in! Traveling all weekend for the holiday, but wanted to stop by. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend! :D
Cyd
cydj21

Postby cydj21 » May 27th, 2008, 1:34 pm

I'm back! At least for a while....more travel to come this week as I prepare for an unanticipated job interview on Thursday morning and Mike squares away a second round interview this afternoon. This struggle to get us both in one city is becoming far more stressful and time consuming than I had ever truly bargained for! With the said, I am looking forward to posting a few pictures of my beautiful new diamond ring later this evening for your viewing pleasure!

In the land of all things MF, I did pretty well at home over the weekend all things considered and with all of the many temptations to contend with so no qualms there. I have about no clue where my weight is so I may just hold out to weigh until next Monday at this point, because I know I probably didn't lose what I wanted to lose last week. Oh well. Another day, another MF meal, another pound slowly lost. Overall, I am tired but upbeat. Life is hectic, busy and borderline out of control at moments these days, but it is all in the name of moving forward in life, planning a wedding, helping plan weddings for my stepsister and cousin this summer, and looking forward to many years of being fit and healthy to come. I am so ready for the next <40lbs to drop off, it is really quite exciting.

With Memorial Day come and gone it is on to goal setting for the next big weekend of visiting with family over July 4th weekend. Once I weigh in next week I'll set a goal and starting moving toward it so I can get this job done with!
Cyd
cydj21

Postby Diana » May 27th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Good luck, Cyd! Can't wait to see pics of the ring.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal