cravings

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

cravings

Postby Me » January 20th, 2004, 3:56 pm

Ok, so here's my problem, I'm a HUGE pasta fan. Mac & Cheese and Stroganolf are my favorites. There is a box of Stroganolf sitting in our kitchen pantry. It is calling to me I tell ya. Mom said she could throw it out, but that would be a waste of perfectly good Honnah's favorite pasta. Which would still haunt me. My parents are going to be out of town for a few days, I've even thought about fixing it when I get home from work just so it wouldn't be wasted and wouldn't be in there anymore. Which would most likely be detrimental to the diet. I know I know, I'm really sad. :x

BTW: It's my fault it was in there. I had a 'pig out' thing before starting the diet. Made a list of all the things I wanted to eat before I had to just have shakes and a little bit of chicken. However the package came sooner than expected and I wasn't able to get to it. :cry: And I was eager to start aswell. My mom is wittness to that.

So, any words of advice?
Honnah
Start Date: 1/18/04
165/154/130
Me

Re: cravings

Postby explorthis » January 20th, 2004, 4:37 pm

Me wrote:Ok, so here's my problem, I'm a HUGE pasta fan. There is a box of Stroganolf sitting in our kitchen pantry. It is calling to me I tell ya. Mom said she could throw it out, but that would be a waste of perfectly good Honnah's favorite pasta. Which would still haunt me.

So, any words of advice?

Yes, throw it out. Its obvious you and Mom are in this for the long haul.

Throw it out! I was fearful of the EXACT same things you are... NO DON'T THROW IT OUT! Its perfectly good food. Why waste it?

Guess what... 107 pounds later, 134 days later, ITS ALL STILL THERE! exactly where it was before I began. All the Fatguy restaurants and the food are still there. I am not there. I don't want to be there. Why tempt fate? Out of site, out of mind, out of mouth!!

You have a very small amount of weight to lose (trust me its a small amount in comparison) The goodies, and all the bad stuff will be there once you are at your desired weight. Additionally, once you DO NOT EAT this stuff for awhile, you actually lose the craving. Truth!!

I waited well over 100 days before I tempted the sin. Day 134 for me, and again IT's ALL STILL HERE!

Toss it now, before Mom/Dad leave... Help you and Mom out by having no temptations - you will thank yourself now. Whats $5.00 worth of pasta in the can. Don't waste your time pawning it off on a friend, or realitive - THROW IT OUT!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby star85 » January 20th, 2004, 4:47 pm

Chuck it if the craving is that bad. It's not worth having to start all over again. Plus you'll knock yourself out of ketosis again and have to go through the 1st three days all over. Believe me you will gain any weight you've already lost and then some back, Fast if you cheat with high carbs on this program. Good luck!

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Indigo » January 20th, 2004, 5:58 pm

And when you throw it out, throw it somewhere way too gross to retrieve it from. Trust me.

a former Oreo junkie
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby sher » January 20th, 2004, 6:21 pm

I agree...DUMP IT...the guilt the next day is NOT worth IT....A FEW AND I MEAN FEW SECONDS OF TASTE DELIGHT....AND THE RESULT IS DAYS OF FIXING, NIGHTS OF WORRYING, MORE GUILT, AND DEPRESSION...FORGET IT...I TOO AM CLEANING OUT MY CUPBOARDS, LEAVING SOME STUFF THAT HUBBY LIKES, AND I DON'T :) :) :)

REMEMBER, FOOD IS OUR ADDICTION, OUR ENEMY RIGHT NOW...I AM WITH MIKE....IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO..THEN DO IT...I AM ON MY SECOND DAY AND NOT HAVING AN EASY DAY...BUT I AM ALIVE, AND WELL, AND MAKING IT...ONE HOUR AT A TIME.....

SHER
starting again at 196
going for white pants AGAIN...lol....
goal - when I LOOK and FEEL good

God bless us all
Sherry
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby explorthis » January 20th, 2004, 10:51 pm

Indigo wrote:Trust me.

a former Oreo junkie

oh oh oh.. me too, me too!! Get this, I read something interesting in Dr. Phil's maintenance book (grain of salt again) He says as you do not eat sweets, you loose the craving, and desire to have them.. Uh huh right!!

Well guess what.. 120 something days, not a lick of anything with added sugar (fruit does not count) and I desire NOTHING of the sort.

I was the 1/2 pack Oreo gobbler. 1-1/2 full sleeves w/ a large tupperware milk glass to dip them into OREO-GUY in one session after everyone was in bed, so no one would see me. This way I wallowed in my own guilt for 1 minute before going into a sugar coma.

No more, no more cravings. They are in the cupboard for the kids, and I am not even tempted.. Go figure...

Truth!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby sher » January 20th, 2004, 11:27 pm

Its getting by the first few days...but now, we have ALL been on other plans right?? did not succeed, right?? Could it JUST be that they were too easy, too much food, too little water, and here we are....having a hard time, because this is the way to go...and the way to succeed, now think about this...in the olden days when there was NOT the health problems of today...how many fat people were there...how much processed food was there...NADA...they ate TO LIVE....now days, we live TO EAT.....that is sooo wrong...everything is centered around food...and I am CHANGING that in my life....gads zooks...its a reunion, a shower, graduation, a wedding, Christmas, birthdays, how are you day, its sunny out... :lol: :lol: :lol: EVERYTHING has a reason for FOOD :x :x :x don't mean to babble on, but we have made this monster...we can TRY to fix it...by doing THIS.....and oh how we will feel...SOOO much better, I am now spending all this time HERE...instead of eating :D :D :D thats the good part....anyway....thanks for letting me unload...doing business paper work, and yes...I am hungry...its late, but I am doing hot tea...and still BEING GOOD....AMEN....

SHER
starting again at 196

God bless us all
Sherry
sher

Postby Indigo » January 20th, 2004, 11:29 pm

That whole 'sugar coma' thing was something, huh? Who needs drugs when you can knock yourself out with carb overload?!
I must admit, it's been more difficult to get to sleep without it. . . . but I'm still 'transitioning' and hope to sleep better soon . . . . if I can just get the watering patterning down so I don't have 2am trips to the bathroom . . . :yawn:
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby sher » January 20th, 2004, 11:33 pm

OOOHHHH yes, late nite potty......we have to be like kids, and a new puppy...NO food or liquids past 9 pm....or you WILL go potty in the middle of the night :D :D works for the kids and pets, should work for us !!!

Sher
starting again at 196

God bless us all
Sherry
sher

Potty Talk

Postby Nancy » January 21st, 2004, 12:18 am

:jumprope: Hah!

My brother started one week ago and Saturday night he got up every hour on the hour for a trip down the hall...I told him that was the beauty of this plan - built in exercise and you don't even realize you're exercising.

:jumprope:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Re: Potty Talk

Postby Me » January 21st, 2004, 9:56 am

Nancy wrote::jumprope: Hah!

...for a trip down the hall...I told him that was the beauty of this plan - built in exercise and you don't even realize you're exercising.

:jumprope:

LOL! I never thought of it that way. Kinda wish my hall was longer and up some stairs now. ;)
Honnah
165/154/130
Me

Postby finalstraw » January 21st, 2004, 9:57 am

That funny Nancy, a built in way to excersise.

Me,

We are all stuggling with desires for food, just remember, it is that addiction that keeps us fat in the first place. This will not be easy after have lost the weight either, we are always going to be overwhelmed with advertising and even friends who do nothing but show us food. :x
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 21st, 2004, 10:11 am

Hi Me,
If you disable BBCode, your quotes and things dont show up. I fixed that one for you. Do not disable BBCode if you want to add quotes and smilies...
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Me » January 21st, 2004, 9:11 pm

Ahhh, so that's what it was. Thank you! I'm not your average teen here, I am lucky to figure out the internet. HTML is way over my head. lol.
Honnah
165/154/130
Me

Return to Weight Loss