Confession Time!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Confession Time!

Postby 70 » June 4th, 2005, 6:02 am

Hey Gang,
I have a confession and I know this is the place to say it. I started last Sunday, but from then 'til yesterday I have been having a big problem. My problem has always been that I binge at night when I finally get a chance to catch my breath and the kids settle down for bed and a can finally relax. I think subconsciously it's the "cheap and fast way" to reward myself and finally relax after a long hard day. Well I've been good during the day since I've started, then at night something comes over me and I cheat. The good news is that since I've tried starting the program last Sunday, I guess I've still been decreasing my caloric intake by being good all day long and not totally binging at night so I have still dropped 7 lbs. since Sunday. I want to be able to actually stay on plan completely though. I don't want to keep sabotaging all my progress during the day by cheating at night. I have been getting in all my water every day. I also decided to change my goal to 150 instead of 140. I'll see what I look like at that weight and then decide from there. I don't want to get down to a weight where I have to starve myself to stay there. I want to be at a weight where I look good, but can still have an occasional indulgence and not worry about gaining the weight right back. I'm starting fresh this morning. We'll see what happends once "the moon" comes up tonight (hee hee). Thanks for letting me confess here and please wish me good luck.

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby LilMsTexas » June 4th, 2005, 7:40 am

We all have our own journey to take "70". Ultimately you have to do what works for you. For now the cheating is working and maybe it will work long term......maybe not. I guess as time goes on if the daily cheating doesn't continue to work you can adjust then?

The only thing I can offer as an insight is that you felt you must "confess" this pattern so do you feel guilty about it? If you are going to have to deal with guilt everytime you cheat then maybe that's not the healthiest "mental lifestyle" for you.

I know there are times that I "cheat" and I feel horrible....for myself, I just don't want to continue the same old, tired, broke down, worn out, patterns that got me here in the first place :shock: I hope that in time you will feel that passionately about yourself and your life and your health too :D

Have a great weekend......you'll have a great ROLL CALL tomorrow with your great loss this week!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Cheating

Postby Jan » June 4th, 2005, 8:00 am

Hi 70
Ignore that ol' moon. The thing about medifast is to get the best results you need to stick with the program. By cheating at night (or anytime) you're not letting your body go into the very mild ketosis that the program induces. This means that most likely you will be hungry and you won't be burning fat efficiently. Medifast is designed so that your body will burn FAT not muscle. I'm not possitive about this-- but I'm thinking that by changing the program(adding extra things by cheating) your body may be burning muscle in addition to or instead of fat. Muscle is much easier to burn. By burning muscle we are hurting our ability to stay at our goal weight. This is because we all know that muscle tissue burns calories --less muscle tissue -- less caloies burnt - must consume less calories to maintain weight :x Try to save a Medifast meal to have after your kids go to bed. Oatmeal made really thick with extra cinnamon and Spleda tastes sort of like bread pudding and is filling. The vanilla shake made with diet rootbeer is a treat too. Keep your goal in mind and I know you can do it.
Jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby 70 » June 4th, 2005, 8:56 am

LilMsTexas- Thank you for sharing your personal insight. I won't be posting my weight loss this Sunday though because I didn't lose the weight by sticking to the plan like I should. I 'm starting fresh today at my current weight and am going to do my best to stick to the plan. I'll post next Sunday. Good luck tomorrow on your roll call. It looks like you are doing great!

Jan- Thanks so much for the support, info, and great tips. I will order the oatmeal and try it the way you mentioned. Bread pudding is one of my favorite foods! When the moon comes up tonight, hopefully I won't turn into a " bingewolf" aw,aw,awooooooooooooooo! (hee hee)

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby LilMsTexas » June 4th, 2005, 9:24 am

I couldn't do this program without the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY MORNING :D I add a packet of splenda and a good dash of cinnamon and it makes it soooooooooooo yummy!! It really does change it into a thick good warm treat. Sometimes I have it at night too. And if you haven't tried the hot cocoa with little marshmallows you should give that a whirl too. Sometimes I am so cold from the shakes in the evening that I have a hot cup of cocoa and it's very satisfying........Oh.....I put some cinnamon in that too ;)

Enjoy your day.....today is your day.......your beginning day.....all the best and I'll be here cheering you on!!

Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Cheating

Postby Jan » June 4th, 2005, 9:52 am

No more bingewolf
:mrgreen:
I was out with Nancy yesterday and she told me we commit "forkaside" I think that is really funny. (But sad too :? :?
I know you'll beat off the bingewolf tonight!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby LeeannNH » June 4th, 2005, 11:03 am

hi 70

christi and jan have echoed my thoughts exactly. i just wanted to add my 2 cents 8). i truly believe that you have to either do it full force or dont at all because once you get used to cheating at night then it will make it easier to cheat at other times. i KNOW this is what would happen to me, maybe you have the control but i sure dont! ;)

i am a binge eater and i totally identify with your nighttime eating. my husband is a school teacher and we go to bed around 10, before mf i would sneak out of bed once he was sleeping, go downstairs and eat a full pint of ben & jerrys (the devils work i must say :twisted: ). i think when we eat alone at night we dont feel accountable. its dark out, its relaxing and for me it was secretive and disasterous.

i loved christi's idea for the oatmeal, which i havent even tried yet. i LOVE the shakes, smores bars, the chili and the chicken noodle soup. i always eat about 30 minutes before hitting the sack. it helps me avoid the urge to eat at midnight. i also notice that my sleep patterns have improved VASTLY in the short time ive been on mf. its like my body knows when to relax and go to bed.

i KNOW you can do this if i can. :mrgreen: i am rooting for you girl! hang in there, dont beat yourself up and know that you are wonderful and strong and that by posting this thought you are well on your way to healthier eating habits, because you notice the not so good ones!

take care of yourself and have a happy rest of the weekend
leeann :)
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » June 4th, 2005, 11:03 am

LilMsTexas said:
I know there are times that I "cheat" and I feel horrible....for myself, I just don't want to continue the same old, tired, broke down, worn out, patterns that got me here in the first place :shock: I hope that in time you will feel that passionately about yourself and your life and your health too

Christi- I could not of said that better myself. You hit the nail on the head. It is about not only a physical transformation but also a behavior transformation as well.

70- Just remember that what we eat in private shows up in public. :-P Obviously the night time eating is bothering you enough that you are sharing it with us. I have had moments of weekness too but you can stay on track and do this. We all believe in you- now it is time you believe in yourself completely. :lol:
Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » June 4th, 2005, 12:47 pm

70----

Hi, I too had a little problem(RIGHT) okay it was a really big problem with the night time eating.. one night after talking to my husband(works on a tugboat) and he told me how much he missed all the junk food I started missing it too :x .. funny i didn't think about it till then.. all of a sudden I was in the kitchen and looking at all of the snacks.. Oh My GOD!!!!!!!!!!! I like to have died when i looked at the Texas Cinnamon Roll I use to eat everyday at least once..sometimes 2 a day.. 470 calories; 230 fat cals;25gfat;56 carbs .. the 1.5oz bag of ritz bits-220 cals;fat cals120;13g fat;and 24 carbs---so i thought okay i'll eat this little bag of cheetos--WRONG!!!!!!!! 1oz=160cals;90fat cals;10g fat and 15g of carbs.. I almost started crying.. Really!!! I just smelled them and put them back and walked away.. this looking process has stopped me from night bingeing... I don't miss them at all. maybe this will help you too.. good luck I know you can do this ....Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 70 » June 4th, 2005, 12:52 pm

Thanks gang..... You guys are the best! Want2Bthin, you are sooooooo right when you said, "what we eat in private shows up in public." That was an EXCELLENT point. One of the few that I have not heard yet. I will remember that the next time I feel the "bingewolf" coming on!

Thanks Again,
Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby suzyq » June 6th, 2005, 7:56 am

70 - I have been doing exactly the same thing! After my "lean and green" all my resolve just went out the window! I finally decided to save my favorite supplement (usually a caramel bar or fruit and nut bar) for the toughest time of day. Sometimes I need it in the afternoon when the kids are having popcorn - then I will make pudding for an evening treat. Maybe I'll try the oatmeal or hot cocoa like Christi and Jan suggested. Good luck!

Susanne (SuzyQ)
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » June 6th, 2005, 8:10 am

70----- sometimes I freeze my shakes and have it when the granbabies are having their ice cream.. I love the dutch chocolate.. its cool and refreshing..I haven't tried the bars yet .. any suggestions on which ones ared good?--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby 70 » June 6th, 2005, 9:50 am

Martha,
The bars that I like are, chocolate, mint chocolate, and lemon. To me, those are the only three flavors that don't have that funky taste that most of the M.F. products have. As foar as the shakes go, I only like the dutch chocolate, but everyone is different and have different tastes.

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby martha » June 6th, 2005, 9:54 am

70--
Thanks for the suggestions on the bars.. I only like the dutch chocolate shakes too. Its funny cause i use to eat banana laffy taffy by the bag full and the banana blitz shakes smell JUST like them but I don't really care for the flavor of them.. weird huh? anyway i will order some of the bars --Thanks again--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby LilMsTexas » June 6th, 2005, 10:02 am

Have you guys tried the S'mores and the oatmeal raisin?? ummmmmmmm they are the BOMB BABY!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Next

Return to Come on in.