Confession and question.....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Confession and question.....

Postby Tonya » May 7th, 2004, 7:43 am

OK, so I have to confess that I haven't been doing the MF full out. I've been going out to eat a couple of times a week and having a few drinks on the weekends. :oops:

I've lost my momentum and don't quite have the motivation that I did starting off. I've been on this diet for 7 weeks and have lost 12 pounds, which is great but I'm really ready for it to be over - at this rate it will be another 3 months!!! :x

So, here's my question....is it really true that you lose weight slower when you get closer to goal or am I just using that as an excuse to sabotage myself? Mike? TamiL? Nelly the biochemist?

Thanks guys!! :bricks:
Tonya
161/149/127

You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.
Tonya
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby explorthis » May 7th, 2004, 8:34 am

So, here's my question....is it really true that you lose weight slower when you get closer to goal or am I just using that as an excuse to sabotage myself?

Yes, you’re using it as an excuse.

Let’s assume the worst, those last few pounds, and yours are a few – 12 lost 22 to go. These actually are not the “few” though the amount is nil, your 1/3 of the way home. So, again let’s assume the worst these 22 pounds are coming off slower, as you are “excusing” Does this mean you should stop?

I never had a “plateau” or a “slow phase” I additionally did not have 34 pounds to lose, I had 114! I bet most here wish they only had 34 pounds total to lose. If I were you, I would feel pretty blessed, and quit making excuses, get off the dime, and finish what you started.

Enuf?
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tonya » May 7th, 2004, 8:46 am

Yep, enough said.....just needed to hear it. Thanks! :roll:
Tonya
161/149/127

You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.
Tonya
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby TamiL » May 7th, 2004, 8:47 am

Mike...
you took the words right out of my mouth!! ;)

Im only 20 pounds away from my goal...and the weight loss has slowed down yes..but I see the gold at the end of this rainbow..and IM bound and determined MORE NOW to get there....as long as it takes...cuz everyday that I stay faithful to this program..is a day closer to my GOAL that I set out to do....any sabotaging I do to myself..sets me back...

HANG IN THERE TONYA!! the weight will come off!!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Landylue » May 7th, 2004, 5:56 pm

Tonya! Shoot! I'd pay big bucks to weigh right now what YOU did when you started!

With only 20 lbs to go, how can you even THINK about caving in? YOU ARE SO CLOSE! Suck it up! You KNOW you are stronger than that! Shake it off--literally!!!

Please don't quit the program, you'll start gaining the minute you do. And the guilt and disappointment with yourself will attack you like a swarm of bees! Boy, you think you feel bad now, just wait!

Stay the course. Finish the race with the rest of us.

Just make it to the next shake. And then do it again. And then do it again.

We believe in you!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby elle4nelly » May 11th, 2004, 11:40 am

Tonya?????

You're hitting that emotional Plateau!! Get of of it and give Medifast one very big last push....'cause you are so close to goal.
And yeah...you're using the fact that your weight loss might be slower to justify your derailment!!!!
You are smarter than this! You're just getting fed up with the restriction and like me you're impatient and wish you could be at goal yesterday so you could get on with your life and have a nice summer, working out ...eating light fares and for heaven 's sake ..just have a life! Right?
Well....either you get back and maximise yoiur weight loss so you can finish soon or you'll risk being in limbo for months, medifast for a day and the next a margarita with salt version of it....which will only prolong the time by which you should reach goal and eventually you'll quit short of being at goal.
Hey? I have rationalised this for my self as well.....stick to it and get to goal as possibly soon I can or drag this till I jsut quit in disgust!!
I too cannot wait to come off the shaking city....No joke! But that's my only way to Thinville... Weight watcher and the other diets would take me another year to accomplish what medifast coud do in 6 months if only we stick to it!
Nuff said darling....the choice is al yours!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room