Checking In

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Checking In

Postby bear45 » July 22nd, 2004, 5:30 pm

Hello everyone...just wanted to check in today....I am getting so much from your posts today. I just love how honest everyone is here. Something that I surely need. Hope everyone is ok.
I am doing good. Wrestling with those "food demons" is proving to be interesting. I am looking at that darn "oral fixation"...I mean it is like I have GOT to have something in my mouth...so, I am just paying attention to that.
Don't want to do too much sf gum, so it has surely come up...this having to have something in my mouth...gee....perhaps alot of it is habit since I have always been a "grazer"...munching was most of what I did all day.

My yoga instructor has "upped" my exercises and that feels good...she has been wonderful modifying poses so I could do them. I am enjoying my Saturday lessons now.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Lisa in Dallas

May 28th, 2004
286/258/150
bear45
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Echo » July 22nd, 2004, 10:35 pm

Hey Lisa, looks like you are doing pretty well, getting stronger and 28lbs gone! Grazing may be a harder habit to break than binging, that's going to take a lot of discipline. Do you use the 'free foods'? The pickles and celery at least give you something to graze on that isn't off plan.

There are lots of new flavors of sugarfree gum, cherry and lemon or cinnamon. I don't like just chewing on it all day, but if I have a piece and a glass of water and a glass of green tea I'm not hungry anymore and I can make it through to my next shake.

Keep on shaking, I'm saving a place for you in the 30lb club!
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Thanks, Echo

Postby bear45 » July 23rd, 2004, 7:32 pm

It is nice to get a reply, Echo...thanks...please DO save my spot for the 30# club...hopefully, will be there Sat or Sun!!

I am doing a modified diet...mon-friday, I do shakes during the day then with my soup at night, I eat some lettuce. Then I will do celery and bouillion before bed...on Sat and Sun, I am doing shakes then some protein and salad or veggie...I am so very relieved that this is actually working and that I am able to stay on this Medifast!! I truly believe that this program is the one that is truly setting me free!! It is exciting...

People at work are beginning to notice that I am losing now and that is so affirming for me...I am focusing on 25 pound goals...and I just love having my paper up in the bathroom where I mark off each day...as of today I have lost 29 pounds in 56 days...and THAT is a miracle and so empowering...thank you all for being there...Lisa in Dallas :lol:
bear45
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room