Checking In!

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Checking In!

Postby Lauren » October 5th, 2009, 8:46 am

Hi, everyone! Wouldn't you know, I tried to check in and post last week after some time of not posting, and the site was down! If that's not Murphy's Law...

Hope everyone is doing great and coming off a fantastic weekend! All is good with me in Maintenanceland, still plugging away and keeping on point (thank god!).

I'll have an interesting test this week, as I am heading on vacation to Switzerland and Germany - home of all sorts of yummy (and fattening) food! I packed a bunch of MF stuff (yes, I totally still eat lots of MF goodies), but will also taste the delicacies of the regions we visit. My goal is to eat MF stuff for the meals that don't really matter, but indulge in the local fare when it counts - but only in moderation. I also packed all my running gear, so I have no excuses!

I will definitely check in after I return!

Cheers,

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Re: Checking In!

Postby Tawanda » October 6th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Lauren, it is so good to hear from you!

Have a wonderful time! It sounds like a lovely vacation. Eager to hear about it when you return.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Karli » October 11th, 2009, 6:11 am

Hey, Lauren, great to hear from you !

I hope you had or are having a wonderful trip and that you are able to keep the balance you want during your stay. If anybody can do it, you can :).

Cheers, and like Tawanda, I will love to hear how your trip has gone, upon your return.
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lauren » October 19th, 2009, 7:39 am

Hey, T and Karli, thanks so much for the replies!

The trip was AMAZING, and aside from being awesome for all the obvious reasons (gorgeous architecture, beautiful landscapes, wonderful people), it was also fantastic eating! I basically ate my way through the trip, but in a way that I felt comfortable. I decided I wouldn't eat things I could have here - like I wasn't going to suddenly start eating dinner rolls at every meal or something, but things that were special to the areas, I ate without remorse. I ate A LOT of spaetzle (if you don't know what it is, I would say never to have it as it's so damn good it unleashed a fury of yummy in my tummy!), bretzls (which are the origination of the soft pretzel, and since I'm originally from Philly, I had to compare to the PHilly soft preztel!), and potatoes (which they actually put at the bottom of standard salads!) and so much meat you could die. I had more meat than I've had in years! But mostly lean meat, porks and veals and such, but different to anything I'd eat here. The funny thing was that due to our walking/traveling/itineraries, it wasn't ideal to eat every 2-3 hours, so I really ended up eating (for the very first time in my life), like a somewhat "normal" person, i.e. 3 pretty substantial meals a day, with maybe a treat thrown in (discovered a new kind of dried banana for which I am relieved I've never seen in the states or I'd gain 400 pounds). I exercised in the mornings (I ran along Lake Zurich and the Danube River!), and we walked a ton. So even though I REALLY ate in these meals (and had some beers, of course!), I actually lost a pound on the trip! I was relieved and pleased, and mostly just happy to know I could function like that. My boyfriend was impressed, too, as he wondered if I was going to be begging for steamed veggies at every meal! :-)

Anyway, back to normal when I got home, though, admittedly, have a renewed hankering for meat that is not totally going away. That's okay, no harm there, just have to watch the portions...

I hope you're all doing well!!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby Tawanda » October 19th, 2009, 9:10 am

Lauren, it sounds like you had a fun and memorable time! Congratulations on making wise choices and also in maintaining your loss (plus losing a pound!). I'm thankful to hear from you and how your vacation went. :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Karli » October 19th, 2009, 1:44 pm

Hi Lauren, it is really, really good to hear about your trip ! The traveling sounds fun, of course, but it's especially interesting to learn about how you dealt with the eating part of the voyage and how that came out for you. Wow, you lost a pound ! Very encouraging :). Glad you're back, safe and sound :).
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Maintenance