Celebrating 60th Wedding Anniversary and 60# Weight Loss!

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Celebrating 60th Wedding Anniversary and 60# Weight Loss!

Postby Lizabette » October 3rd, 2006, 7:00 pm

Some of you will remember that when I first began my Medifast weight loss journey on January 12, 2006,
I said that on my 60th wedding anniversary, I wanted to give my DH a gift of ‘that little 16 year old girl” he married.

Actually, I never dreamed that it would work out so miraculously!
I know I plodded along, oh so slowly it seemed at times,
but I never lost sight of the prize at the end of the rainbow!
Every mini-goal of 5-10 pounds was cause for celebration!
I tried to be accountable and supportive of other struggling medi-fasters.
In turn, I was applauded and encouraged by so many of you all at every small step.
I don't know how I could have done it without you!

My accomplishment seems so miniscule compared to some of you who have lost so much more that I have.
Every time I read about someone reaching 80-90-100 pounds and more, my admiration and respect for you rises to the top of the charts.
You are my idols and role models. I feel that I have as close friends on this forum as I have anywhere!

Well, enough for now. Below is the article for the newspaper in our unique little town of Hot Springs, Arkansas.

The Sentinel Record:
Bill and Bette Anderson, of Hot Springs, were married on October 6, 1946 at Bremerton, Washington,
where the 18 year old Navy pharmacist mate was stationed. Bette was 16.
The couple retired to Hot Springs 12 years ago from Oklahoma City, where they served as pastors, missionaries, evangelists
and later as state overseer of the Heartland Conference of the International Pentecostal Holiness Church.

Quoting from the August 15, 2004 edition of the Sentinel Record Senior Resource Directory, article by Jeff Smith,
"Bill and Bette Anderson of Hot Springs have traveled all over the world for a number of years,
doing missionary work and building churches, including 16 churches in the Philippines, where they lived for three years
until they were forced to leave in 1985 due to rebel (extortion/death) threats."
"We were caught in a few ambushes and bombings," Bill Anderson said.
"The U.S. consulate told us to get out because there was the threat of Bette being kidnapped for ransom.
We left with (practically) the clothes on our back." (Bette hurriedly collected the pictures and important records)
Ten years after leaving they returned to Davao City, Mindanao where they had served as missionaries to visit and were pleased to find the work flourishing.
Their ministries have covered a period of over 58 years. They have five children (one deceased), 11 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren."

This is my story, or at least some of it, for now!
My heart is with you all who are continuing on in this rewarding, life-changing journey.

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby JeepGirl » October 3rd, 2006, 7:40 pm

Lizabette that is awesome! You are simply AMAZING and such a total inspiration! Congrats and Happy Anniversary!!*in a few days*
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby mellowmom » October 3rd, 2006, 7:47 pm

A Double Congratulations to you and your husband, Lizabette. You have truly been an inspiration to all of us here on the board. What you call "plodding" along as you slowly but surely headed towards your goal, is all the more proof of what a great and determined Medifaster you have been. I think it's a lot harder to take that slow and steady pace and keep going than to get off on jack rabbit starts which can give one a false sense of the difficulties that lay ahead. You are truly a role model to us all in faith, perseverence, and determination to meet a goal.

Thank you Lizabette for the privilege of allowing us to follow your journey and listen and learn from your sage advice.

Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Denise » October 3rd, 2006, 10:20 pm

What a Beautiful couple! You 2 are a perfect match!

Happy Anniversary! :D
Denise
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » October 4th, 2006, 2:55 am

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures and a glimpse of your adventurous life. What an inspiring life story! Congratulations to you! :bravo:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby kendra_m » October 4th, 2006, 4:28 am

Congratulations, on so many counts!! Thank you for sharing your pics and your story, it's very inspirational.

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Lisa in NY » October 4th, 2006, 4:57 am

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your husband Lizbette for a wonderful celebration of your marriage! And of course congrats for your tremendous weight loss - you are an inspiration to ALL of us!

Lisa :D
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby kmr » October 4th, 2006, 5:52 am

Lizabette,
Congratulations on your 60th wedding anniversary! October 6th is my brother and sister-in-law's wedding anniversary too! They're celebtrating their 10th. I really got choked up reading your anniversary post. What an amazing and good life you've had so far. You deserve everything good that comes your way. I have a friend that is from the Philippines. She has told me all about the rebels and the kidnappings and everything else that's going on over there. Do you speak Tagalog? I studied it for a while. I'm fluent in English, Spanish, and speak some Tagalog but I am not fluent in it. After reading your current post I'm not going to complain about my 2 lb. loss this week. I was a little discouraged being that I'm doing everything by the book and didn't lose more than that, but I'll keep trying. All the best to you and your husband! :heart:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby bdg » October 4th, 2006, 6:16 am

Nothing miniscule about 60# or 60 yrs! Congrats on both and the best part is that 60# loss give you two more time to both love each other and help others! What more can you ask for?
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » October 4th, 2006, 6:33 am

Lizabette you are such an inspiration. I have been lurking and this post touched me the most. I was also married at a young age ...... just 17....its not so common nowadays, but I have been married for 22 years...I hope my husband and I can have the same kind of write-up someday.

I agree so much with you regarding those 5 pound milestones. They are what I'm trying to achieve. I think it makes a big difference then looking for those 10 and 20 pounds all at once. Thanks for being such a great example and inspire all of us into making our goal! I offically restarted on 9/7/06 at 205, but actually lost 5 pounds before my restart date and I'm back in onederland and you give me the hope I need to make it to goal.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Amber » October 4th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Lizabette,
A story so sweet; thanks much for sharing.
Have a Wonderful day!
:rose:
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sojourner » October 4th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Oh My Goodness!! I can't decide which picture is cuter. They are both so absolutely adorable I can barely stand it!!! Of course, the story itself is completely awesome. As are you, Silver Fox! You have been, and continue to be, such an inspiration to us all. I agree with Brian in that there is nothing miniscule about your accomplishments. I don't believe there is anything about you that is miniscule. Well, except for your size! Congrats about everything in your life, Lizabette; you truly deserve all the best!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Elizabeth » October 4th, 2006, 2:28 pm

Wow Lizbette, what a beautiful post! How nice it is that you gave your husband that anniversary present of better health! Congratulations on 60# loss, and to both of your for 60 years married and thank you both for almost 60 years of missionary/ministry work. Wow, that is absolutely impressive the work you have done in your lives.
Elizabeth

Postby JKSRN » October 4th, 2006, 3:56 pm

The picture is lovely, the double accomplishment so wonderful!!! And, sincere congratulations on it all! Thank you for sharing your story! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Lizabette » October 4th, 2006, 4:49 pm

Image No way I can live up to all your gracious comments, but I thank you and love you for every word!
If my weight loss story is inspiring, I'm glad...and it's a lot because I have been so inspired by many of you all these months of our journey together.

It's so exciting to have reached goal, but I am sobered by the fact that it is not the end of my journey.
Sorta like winning the jackpot, but then deciding to make wise choices about what to do with all that loot!
Worse thing I can think of is gaining a great prize and then splurging it and ending up broke!

I wish I could thank each of you personally.
As I read each post, I thought of something good and sweet and funny and special about each one of you!
Because that's really what you are!

195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Next

Return to Studio