We can all be LEOPARD LADIES and GENTLEMEN!

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Postby Karli » December 29th, 2006, 2:47 pm

WOOT, WOOT :mrgreen:. Looks great :).
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 29th, 2006, 3:18 pm

Thanks, I hope she likes it too. My screen name Bikipatra comes from my love of Egyptology as a child and my childhood nickname, Biki. My sister combined Biki with Cleopatra to came up with the name that stuck! So for her today I came up with the definitive Bikipatra pic! The face is all mine, from when I was 28 and very thin. But here is Bikipatra:

Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LadyT » December 29th, 2006, 5:01 pm

I love the one of jlaman ...you are getting better every day with your photoshopping!
Wow...I love this pic of you! Very "Liz"...
Did anyone ever tell you you look like Alanis Morrisette? You look like her in that pic anyway. I think she's beautiful...so that is a compliment!
You are gorgeous at any age...and size!
Tracey
Start Date: 4/20/06
Back on MF: 11/13/06
236.2/205/135
5"4" - age: 35

Going for a "Winter Onederland"

LadyT
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 29th, 2006, 5:36 pm

LadyT wrote:I love the one of jlaman ...you are getting better every day with your photoshopping!
Wow...I love this pic of you! Very "Liz"...
Did anyone ever tell you you look like Alanis Morrisette? You look like her in that pic anyway. I think she's beautiful...so that is a compliment!
You are gorgeous at any age...and size!

Thanks a lot. My mom said my skills were improving too. I have been doing it almost a month now. I knew she really meant it when she asked me to do a couple for one of her blogs! I have never received the Alanis comparison, although I would definitely consider it a compliment. She inspires fear in men. I dig it. I had an ex years ago and when we got back together he told me that every time "You Oughta Know" came on the radio he thought of me. Oh, yeah!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby BerkshireGrl » December 29th, 2006, 7:08 pm

bikipatra wrote:...As a former anthropology major...

COWABUNGA! :yay:

I had the fine distinction of attaining my BA in Anthropology (focusing on Archaeology) in my hazy college days too!

Ah, Lewis Leakey, Margaret Mead, ethnography, Neanderthal, intersocietal relations, culturally constituted beliefs, prehistory, bipedalism, lithics... good times, good times! :lol:

A toast to you, my fellow anth major! :buddies: Now we just need a drinking song...
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » December 30th, 2006, 5:22 am

BerkshireGrl wrote:

COWABUNGA! :yay:

I had the fine distinction of attaining my BA in Anthropology (focusing on Archaeology) in my hazy college days too!

Ah, Lewis Leakey, Margaret Mead, ethnography, Neanderthal, intersocietal relations, culturally constituted beliefs, prehistory, bipedalism, lithics... good times, good times! :lol:

A toast to you, my fellow anth major! :buddies: Now we just need a drinking song...

I thought my focus would be archaeology because of my lifelong interest in it but after partipating in a dig that lasted a whole semester in the Connecticut winter and contracting pneumonia, I changed my mind. My focus was sociocultural. I thing most people don't realize what hard work a dig actually is-you don't get to shovel. You move the dirt in tiny increments with a trowel while hunching on your knees. For hours!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby bikipatra » December 30th, 2006, 9:11 am

Nickie asked to be a leopard lady and I decided she should take a New Year's visit to France and as a symbol of what I am sure will be a new year of success Medifasting, she is posing in front of L'Arc de Triomphe!

ImageImage
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby BerkshireGrl » December 30th, 2006, 10:09 am

Biki,

Brrrr, a semester-long dig in CT winter!? Ugh! Props to you!

Man, I got off easy with a summer field school in Deerfield, Mass. We did digging but only at the start, and only after a backhoe (!) ripped off a big layer of backfill from the previous class's work for us.

Yes, there was much delicate troweling. And on the more clunky side of things, I also almost knocked myself out by dumping out a wheelbarrow full of dirt when the handle clocked me right under the jaw. That would been funny I'm sure for the other undergrads as I rolled down the giant dirt pile ;)

But yeah, I remember the leading professor telling us that most archaeologists have bad backs from leaning into pits for hours... since we were not allowed to stand in the holes most of the time; we lay on our stomachs and reached in and scraped away. I and other students had to crawl on all fours to trees and use them to stand up after a couple hours of that, and that was at age 20.

I also remember learning that "green" natural bug repellant doesn't do much besides act like buggy perfume. Come hither, my little biting friends...

I think Indiana Jones led me down a path sparkling with false glamour :lol: Not that I didn't love most of it! :)

Nice work with the Leopardization!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Mike » December 30th, 2006, 12:22 pm

BerkshireGrl wrote:

I took Intro to Physical Anthropology my final semester at CSU Sacramento. I needed any 3 units I could get, and in essence it was a simple general biology/genetics course. Being a Senior Bio major, I asked the professor if I could just show up on test days and read the book on my own time. She agreed, and lets just say that if you have taken general genetics as a biology major, then this class was an easy 3 units.

Biki, love all of the leopardiziations (is that a word?). Anyway, good going.

As for Archaeology, I would have taken it if it had fit into my schedule ;)
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby alpha femme » December 30th, 2006, 12:54 pm

funny how similar we all are...
i had enough units for a minor in physical anthropology, but i didn't bother to file for it; it really wouldn't have made a difference. i probably should have though, because i didn't mind being tethered by rope, hanging off the side of a ditch in the black forest in the fog.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Mike » December 30th, 2006, 1:09 pm

alpha femme wrote: i probably should have though, because i didn't mind being tethered by rope, hanging off the side of a ditch in the black forest in the fog.

Well, if someone doesn't mind that... I think I'm glad its you and not me ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby bikipatra » December 30th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Mike wrote:Biki, love all of the leopardiziations (is that a word?). Anyway, good going.

It is now! Leopardize was my personal neologism and you have just added to it! :)
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby nickieluv » December 30th, 2006, 1:32 pm

Biki;

I do like it! The PM I sent you went out with the wrong "roll" smiley - I meant it to be the ROTFL one and it was the rolling eyes one.

Paris is actually the only place in the world I've been. How do you pull these things?!! I went at 14 for a class trip and I would still love to live there - never going to happen, but maybe I can visit again someday!

Anyway, now I really belong - I've been outfitted!!!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 30th, 2006, 1:34 pm

I like your hair in that longish pageboy too! Very Anna Wintour!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby nickieluv » December 30th, 2006, 2:20 pm

I actually usually wear it at that length, Biki, but I'm trying to grow it out again. And I've always wanted that color but I just can't get it from a bottle and have it stick! You are really spooky the way you nailed me!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Studio