A question for the Ladies.....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

A question for the Ladies.....

Postby fedup » June 9th, 2005, 6:35 am

:oops: Okay, I have a question about those TOM issues or "aunt flo" as we used to call it on the forum... Did anyone else have irregularity issues when first starting MF? THis happened to me last fall and then it regulated itself. Well, I'm having the same issue this time (very light spotting) when I'm no where near my TOM. I'm sure it'll regulate just like before, but I'm curious if anyone else experienced this... :oops:
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Helen » June 9th, 2005, 7:28 am

i didnt get my TOM for maybe 6 weeks or longer. i was worried and new it wasnt being pregnant. but it has to do with the estrogen levels in our body. estrogen is stored in fat and as we lose weight fast the estrogen levels are higher in our body but trust me TOM will come. you can also do a search for TOM and youll find postings regarding this issue. nothing to worry about at all.
Helen
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby martha » June 9th, 2005, 7:51 am

Helen-- thanks for the info..Was wondering the same thing as Fedup-- I swear everytime I read this forum I learn something new.. 50 and still learning--isn't it great??---Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bk » June 9th, 2005, 10:31 am

Yes, it happens. When I started MF my TOM came an entire week early while on BC. Everyone's bodies will react differently, but it is not at all unusual to have some irregularity. It will work itself out!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby fedup » June 9th, 2005, 10:42 am

sounds like a variety of different "problems" are nothing to worry about... yeah, mine wasn't that it didn't come, but that signs are showing up entirely too early. I only have a TOM every 3 months (thanks to my BC pills) This happened last time too, was just curious if anyone else ran into it.
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » June 9th, 2005, 11:31 am

Christy-

I have not experienced any problems with irregularity, probably because I am on the pill. But I did have 2 really bad experiences with PMS! My poor-poor hubby! Good news though- last month I had NO PMS!!! Can you imagine! My body is adjusting beautifully to the change in estrogen. I am hoping that I will never have that silly PMS again!

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » June 9th, 2005, 11:14 pm

Over the years of de-flabbing, I experienced NO periods and mega periods, etc. when I was on other weight loss programs.

Our estrogen levels can really fluctuate when a woman loses weight.

I had a hysterectomy 12 years before I discovered Medifast so no personal experience here but many of my clients have had all the aforementioned situations. Sometimes the first two months are :twisted: :x :twisted: :x :twisted: :x and then for most, it becomes smooth sailing. Many women on the complete program may stop having periods or experience some spotting. Once they resume eating regular food (higher in fat), it begins again.

:coach: Women are more fertile when they lose weight. :coach: WARNING! If you don’t want the stork to visit, take precautions…
:redhead:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby AlexisClaire » June 12th, 2005, 10:29 pm

OMG I know what you mean about PMS! I on the other hand, had never experienced "real" PMS in my life! No cramps, no bloating, no pissiness...but NOW! Headaches, low energy, snappy, peckish, the whole lot!
BOO!
Goodbye 250's!
Goodbye 240's!
Goodbye 230's!
YOU'RE NEXT 220'S!!!
I'm on my way to Onederland...
AlexisClaire
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby armeewyf » June 13th, 2005, 4:07 pm

Christy...I too have noticed a change in my TOM. This month it was 2 days late and lasted nearly a week. I had cramps for nearly 3 days. I am usually really regular with cramps the 1st day only and the TOM usually lasts abt 3 days. I did this diet before, when it was shake only (in the 80's). My cycle was really screwed up...I had a never ending TOM lasting 3 weeks! Glad to hear others have issues too! I thought menopause was coming WAY TOO early!

Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room