question for the ladies....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

question for the ladies....

Postby bande1102 » November 5th, 2005, 8:04 am

Hi, everyone

Tomorrow is my second week in and it looks like I'm going to stay the same, no loss and maybe even up 1lb. :cry: It is tom, though. Does anyone else stay the same or even gain during that time?

Elle
bande1102

Postby Lisa in NY » November 5th, 2005, 8:09 am

I do ! Unfortunately, it's a fact of my life. I've been doing this since August, and my pattern is a weight loss for two weeks in a row, then no loss for 1-2 weeks. Doesn't bother me, as long as I know the scale is not moving UP!

Don't worry if your weight fluctuates a pound or two, especially during TOM. Stay on the program and the weight WILL come off.

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » November 5th, 2005, 9:28 am

Trust the program, it works. Most people have a big loss the first week, and many have another, smaller but nice, loss the second week, and then the third week -- nothing. For me I had a loss the first three weeks, and then week 4 was 0.5 and week 5 was 0.5. It was in those two weeks that I really had to look at Nancy and others and remind myself that the program does work, and that I just had to tough it through. It was worth it.

And don't get on the scale every day if it's hard for you to see what looks like an increase or no loss. Weight fluctuates dramatically over the course of a day, but what we're working for here is the general downward pattern. I have seen as much as a four pound number change on the scale in a twelve hour period; there are so many factors involved such as time of month, fluid balance, salt intake, stress, etc. Hang in there and TRUST THE PROGRAM, it works. I promise.

Good luck.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby bande1102 » November 5th, 2005, 10:40 am

thanks, Lisa and 24 K. I guess I'm a little impatient, as in I wanted the weight off yesterday :lol: I happen to be a recovering scale-a-holic and promised myself that I would only weigh on Sunday, but I had a little slip up :roll: so I guess it serves me right. Still, I just can't stop fantasizing about what it will be like to actually not be overweight and be able to wear "normal" clothes that I wear cause I like them, not cause they fix something.

Elle
bande1102

Return to The Weight Room