calling all RESTARTERS!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 8th, 2007, 9:49 pm

Welcome back to all the restarters (myself included!) Let's do this together!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Loribug » January 8th, 2007, 9:52 pm

(raising hand) I'm a restarter.

there, I said it

lol
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DonicaB » January 9th, 2007, 11:26 am

Don't forget me!!!!! :bouncie:

I'm a re-starter also. I plan on this being the last time I have to re-start.

We can do this. We can reach our goal and stay on maintenance. There are so many encouraging folks here to watch and learn from. So many have done it, WE CAN TOO!!!!!!!

DonicaB :bananadance:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby KeleeGrl » January 9th, 2007, 2:10 pm

ooooo..pick me, pick me...I'm a restarter too! Going to the finish this time!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lastdiet » January 9th, 2007, 5:50 pm

i'm already on my 2nd re-start in the new year. :oops:
to me, it is sooo much harder each time. the good news though is that i keep trying. ;) i've never done that on any other diet before. once i quit that was it.

i will say that i was getting really bored with my selection of drinks. i only like a few of them (including the bar) and they all happened to be sweet. i needed something to balance it out. i tried the eggs and tomato soup today and really enjoyed both. now i am looking forward to my mf meals again. for me, that's half the battle.

the other half of the battle was my thyroid. my goal was within reach when i was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last year. when you have it removed and you can't take meds for 8 weeks, you gain weight unbelieveably fast. even faster than you can lose it on mf. i gained 15 pounds in three weeks and one of those weeks i was actually compliant on mf. i think that was the scariest part of the whole ordeal. i then used it as an excuse to eat whatever i wanted and gained another 15. so, here i am back where i started, but more determined :x

sorry i rambled :shock:
7/27/2005
re-start 1/9/07
189/ 145
lastdiet
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby MerryMary » January 9th, 2007, 9:33 pm

I'm a re-starter too, LAWoman. My major weight loss was back in 1989 when I took off over 60# on MF. So much time has passed and each year I thought, it's been a tough year. Too many emotionally rough years ... LOL. But there are always difficulties in life--I need to learn how to respond in a more healthy way. Hmmm ... if I had jumped on the tred mill (instead of eating) each time I was sad or depressed I'd be a skinny minny by this time!

I agree, it's been harder ... I tried back in 2005 and quit. But I also tried NS and quit that too. I do believe age and lifesyle has a lot to do with it. I'm 59 and all my friends like to dine out and have cocktails--even maintenance will be a challenge for me! I know there will be some envious 'friends' that will attempt to sabatoge my efforts so I want to stay close to this board for support. Of course, I will also rely on my true friends for support.

My goal is that by next Christmas I will be radiant and healthy! For me--not anyone else. Well, that's my vent. ;)

Wishing you all the best of luck--we will do this together!

Mary

Restart date 11/06/06
238.5/216.5/130
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Emmasmom » January 10th, 2007, 12:45 pm

Hi, I'm a restarter too. I've had family in for the whole month of December and needless to say, I didn't stay on. So this week, I'm back and have already lost 5 lbs since Monday.

Hey DeDe! How are ya girl?

KendraM
Emmasmom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 10th, 2007, 12:54 pm

A wave for all of you back on the road to health.....
:wave:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby getting2goal » January 11th, 2007, 1:47 pm

I have to agree that it is A LOT harder the second time around. I am determend to do it right this time.

Looks like I am in good company

Lisa
getting2goal
Regular Member - #10 Club

I'm in, too!

Postby THINKTHIN » January 21st, 2007, 7:16 pm

Well, I'm back from my six month deployment overseas and I lost 26lbs. Now that I am back I have gained 22lbs back. I am restarting for about the 5th time. Count me in!!!!! Restarting tomorrow the 22nd. Happy Shakin'! We can do this!
THINKTHIN

Postby MerryMary » January 21st, 2007, 7:37 pm

Well, THINKTHIN ... welcome to the world of restarters!
I wish you much success as you restart MF tomorrow and for the rest of your healthy THIN life! :hi5:

Mary
MARY
MerryMary

Postby MusicalMomma » January 21st, 2007, 8:00 pm

Yep, I'm a re-starter too...day four and finally over the carb cravings. Into a nice groove and feeling good! It's good to be back :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re-re-starter

Postby Seaside » January 22nd, 2007, 8:46 am

Is it possible to be a re-restarter? I am. I started back in late 2005 and things fell by the wayside when I got embroiled in buying a new house...then, I started back and things were going well until -- until -- I have no idea. But I certainly gained the weight that I had lost back and then some. :x

I got tired of feeling crappy, with the back pain, hating everything I tried to put on in the morning, so this New Year I started back on MF. I have not weighed myself, but I feel better already. No back pain, clothes are fitting better and I feel a mite perkier.

This time. It's hard to come crawling on my belly out of lurker mode yet again, but living on the sidelines is one of the reasons why I got myself in this pickle in the first place.

Good luck to everyone and I am rooting you on!
Seaside

Postby MISSANNE » January 22nd, 2007, 8:47 am

I will be a re-starter also, my food should be here this week.
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Re: Re-re-starter

Postby MerryMary » January 22nd, 2007, 9:16 am

Seaside wrote:It's hard to come crawling on my belly out of lurker mode yet again, but living on the sidelines is one of the reasons why I got myself in this pickle in the first place.

Welcome Seaside!

You have made a wise decision to re-start. It seems like you are also coming to a better understanding of yourself--an equally sound place to be. Sounds like you are finding your inner voice! Kudos! :bravo:

Mary
MARY
MerryMary

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room