Burger and fries

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Burger and fries

Postby bokkie » February 15th, 2006, 2:39 pm

Hi everyone!!! I hope you all had a wonderful valentines day!!! My fiancee knows that I am dieting, but sometimes his brain just dosen't seem connected!! He wanted to go out for burgers last night. Hello...I don't eat those anymore. So I agreed to make "burgers" and "fries"

I got some sushimi grade Ahi tuna, and put it in the food prosessor for a a few seconds until it was corsely ground. I seasoned it with a timy bit of soy sauce, and a bit of wasabi. I grilled the up until they were rare in the middle (this could have been eaten raw), and wrapped them in lettice.

I made the fries out of zuccini and asparagus. I cut the zuccini in half and scrapped the seeds out (to reduce moisture) and then cut them into the shape of fries, and snapped some asparagus. I put it all in a tim foil "wrapper" with less than 1 tsp. of olive oil and put it on the grill right next to the burgers.

When my man had seen what i made, he was a little skeptical and disappointed, but when we were done eating, he said it was the best burger and fries ever. The best part...It was within my MF L&G meal limits.

For dessert, I made the MF choc pudding in two bowls and put some chopped strawberries in his. He didn't even know he was eating "diet" food.

To keep myself from snacking while i was cooking, i chewed some gum. It was overall an awesome night.
bokkie

Postby falisamarie » February 15th, 2006, 2:45 pm

Bookie I am glad you had a good night!! You found a way to stay within plan limits and both of you ate healthier for it!!! You did yourself and your boyfriend a huge favor. I usually cook something seperate for myself for my lean and green and one day my hubby asked why I never cooked like that for him!!! Maybe healthier eating is rubbing off on him a little

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 15th, 2006, 4:16 pm

Great job Bokkie!!
You don't really have to be/feel deprived when you "Take Shape for Life".
You're forming good habits for when the "weight Loss" phase is over.

Congrats on some great and creative ideas.

PS: Next time leave the strawberries out of the pudding until you're on maintenance....:)

<edit>ooops...just noticed the strawberries were in "his"...</edit>
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby cydj21 » February 15th, 2006, 7:09 pm

Bokkie...that sounds amazing! I might be stealing your idea for a nice little dinner this weekend! Thanks for posting it. :mrgreen:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Trixie » February 15th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Bokki, you can make burgers and fries for me any day! Sounds yummy!
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nicki » February 15th, 2006, 9:49 pm

Yum-Mee!! Wow that sounds good .... love your creative (and delicious) approach!!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Dayna » February 17th, 2006, 12:26 pm

That sounds sooooo good . . . I had completely forgotten about wasabi as a spice! Very creative way to stay within the plan. Thanks for sharing!!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.