Pre-Cooked Burger patties

Add your favorite recipes.

Pre-Cooked Burger patties

Postby fuelman » March 26th, 2006, 6:29 pm

I Was wondering about these :

Microwaveable Fully Cooked Charbroiled Beef Patties sold at Wal-Mart.
3oz. patties
210cal. 140 from fat
total fat 15g
sat. fat 7g
trans fat 0g
polyunsaturated fat 0.5g
cholesterol 45g
sodium 390g
potassium 270g
total carbs. 0g
protein 19g
1 of these maybe 2 a little mustard or BBQ sauce and 1 1/2 cups of green beans seasoned with Mrs. Dash?
fuelman
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby lan » March 26th, 2006, 6:37 pm

Hi, Fuelman,

I think you could do this in a pinch, but I wouldn't make a habit of it. It probably would not stall your weight loss by kicking you out of ketosis, but the extra calories, done often could slow you down. You know, they recommend that we stick with lean meats, and the figures that you posted has quite a few calories from fat.

I live in the West and have access to buffalo. If you can find any, you should give it a try. I seriously cannot tell the difference from beef (I do not know if I could do without the beef). They say it has fewer fat calories than chicken.

If you cannot find that, you might want to cook your own patties out of the leanest ground beef you can find.

Just my opinion, but I wanted to keep you on the straight and narrow.

Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Loribug » March 26th, 2006, 6:47 pm

My father and brother are avid deer hunters, all the hamburger I eat is venison. It taste great
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby fuelman » March 26th, 2006, 7:03 pm

thanks for the reply.
yes,in a pinch, Just got back last night from vacation and had nothing to use for the LEAN part of my meal today.
Male, 42yrs.old, Field mechanic, 5&1 plan

fuelman
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby DogMa » March 26th, 2006, 7:37 pm

It can't knock you out of ketosis, though, fyi. The only thing that will do that is carbs. (That's why fat is OK on Atkins, which puts you much deeper into ketosis than Medifast does.)

Also, one would not be enough. You need more than 3 ounces of beef for your L&G.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » March 27th, 2006, 2:23 am

Hi and welcome, Fuelman!

Thanks for your inquiry. The portion size for red meat is 5 ounces which by the way, is the same portion size for Bambi and Buffalo Burgers. The calories and carbohydrates for the entire Lean and Green meal for people on the weight loss phase is 300-350 calories and 10-12 carbohydrates.

If you were to eat two of your pre-cooked burgies, that would put you at roughly 420 calories for the protein portion alone. So if we add the 420 cals for the beef patties and the 60 or so calories and the 10-12 carbs for a 1.5 cup serving of green beans you are ok in terms of the carbohydrate count but still too high on the meat calories. The green part of the L & G is usually about 85 of the 300-350 calories. Your meal was a bit too high in terms of calories.

I wonder if the portion size for two patties would be a true 6 ounce weight. Even though it is pre-cooked, it may shrink up and lighten up somewhat upon heating but most likely the fat cals would remain the same for the most part.

On the other hand, I think you made a good choice since you were strapped for a quick fix and faced an empty fridge. It is much better than grabbing a Hot Pocket or a Red Baron Pizza!

Hope that vacation was wonderful!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine