Argh, french fries...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Argh, french fries...

Postby SkinnyMama » March 29th, 2006, 4:58 pm

Today is Day 7 and I have been really strict and good but today I sneaked 7 McD french fries from my kiddos' Happy Meals - I had my shake right before going in but I was still hungry. Will that stupid move kick me out of ketosis? Also, I was thinking about ordering some ketosis strips, do those really work? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
SkinnyMama

Postby ascicles » March 29th, 2006, 5:10 pm

It's possible...but it's just a three day weight before you're back on.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Re: Argh, french fries...

Postby BerkshireGrl » March 29th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Skinny,

The state of ketosis we are in is so mild it will hardly show up on the strips. You really don't need 'em (plus they're so dang $$$!) :lol:

It's not like Atkins where you're panicked if it's not deep purple ;)

The only way I know I'm in ketosis on MF is I get a weird "mouth feel" like extra heat in the morning. I'm sure my breath is lovely! :D

On the 7 fries, according to FitDay, that's about 100 calories, 5 g. Fat, 12 g. Carbs and 1 g. Protein.

I'll leave it to the experts if you are out of ketosis :) I'd say no, but that's just me... If you start getting mad cravings or very hungry, then you could be...

But it's ok, just jump right back in the saddle! Yeeha! :D
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » March 29th, 2006, 6:14 pm

As for the carbs in the fries, Atkins always explained that it's an individual thing. Some people can't have many carbs at all without getting knocked out of ketosis, some can have quite a bit more.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SkinnyMama » March 29th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Thanks all, I am feeling really guilty but was just so darn hungry, even on Day 7, that I just caved to them sitting there. I don't know if it's because of how much I work out :?: , for instance I did high intensity cardio for 45 minutes this morning, and maybe I need an extra shake. Just in the past 4 hours I've had an oatmeal and a bar and am already feeling hunger pangs. I have 1 shake left and part of my lean and green (had a small chicken breast earlier too :oops: ) so I'm just not sure if I'm getting enough...maybe the experts can help me :huh:
SkinnyMama

Postby SkinnyMama » March 29th, 2006, 10:02 pm

Vicky, thanks for the feedback, I did see that in the booklet but honestly, I can't reduce the exercise. I had back surgery 13 months ago and have permanent nerve damage so the movement is a necessity to keep pain away.

I don't even know how to get a health advisor, I would definitely like to have someone to work with directly on this so I can be successful. I would appreciate any more guidance from you on how I can get a health adviser, thanks in advance!!!!!
SkinnyMama

Exercise

Postby Jan » March 29th, 2006, 11:34 pm

Hi there,
I'm wondering if the "high intensity" exercise is necessary or if instead for the next couple of weeks you could just do a less strenous exercise? Our bodies generally need three weeks to adapt to the lower caloric intake and don't react toooo well if we exercise toooo hard. My younger sister, on program of course :D runs marathons and generally gets in about 5 - 10 miles each day. :? I was finally able to talk her into cutting back a bit at least for the first three weeks -- she was having hunger problems also and kept "sneaking a few treats". :x She'd tell me "but I'm starving" :mrgreen: But here's the truth, the more little "treats" you add the more you're going to be hungry. You need to give your body a little time to adjust. Oh and about those marathons -- she only needed to part with 30 pounds which came to live with her after she had an eye surgery and couldn't run. But now she loves program and runs too!! She still has about 3 shakes each day.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Marseilles » March 30th, 2006, 7:22 am

Hiya SkinnyMama!

I would highly recommend that in your case, with the amount of exercise you do, that you switch to the medifast 70 shakes if you are not already on them. They have added protein and are recommended for men and active women, without a ton of extra calories. Also, an extra supplement would probably serve you well. fact is, with the amount of calories you are burning in a high intensity workout, you DO need more calories so you have them to spare. This will in no way negatively affect your weightloss and will quite possibly improve it. You may also want to make sure that you have your bar just before your workout as opposed to a shake so you have the extra carbs in your system at that time.

Good luck to you!
-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby SkinnyMama » March 30th, 2006, 11:40 am

Thanks Jan and Marseilles, you both provided some good feedback on this exercise issue for me. I am going to try and pull it back a bit, at least for a few weeks. And I do think I'll need to add another supplement if I'm still hungry. I do already drink the Medifast 70 shakes, I like my protein :D

Thanks again everyone for your feedback, the good news is that today starts week 2 for me and I'm down 5.2 lbs so I'm pleased!!
SkinnyMama

Postby DogMa » March 30th, 2006, 7:01 pm

As for getting a Health Advisor, just PM or e-mail Nancy and she'll hook you up. Or place an order through this site instead of the main Medifast site, and you'll get someone assigned to you.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss