Blender

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Blender

Postby Lissakay » January 20th, 2005, 9:28 am

I am just going to start my program Monday and am very excited :-P

Does anyone know of a little travel blender that works good? Has anyone tried that "Magic Bullet" blender that keeps being advertised? (I watch too many infomertials sorry!)

I would like to find one that will crush ice.

Melissa

I can't wait to see the results you all write about! :cleader:
Lissakay
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby explorthis » January 20th, 2005, 9:36 am

Hey Lissakay, This “Magic bullet” thing is supposedly a real wonder to some on the board. Here are a couple of posts talking about it. Looks like gold according to some…

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/view ... gic+bullet

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/view ... gic+bullet

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LadyinVA » January 20th, 2005, 10:32 am

Lissakay,

I have the Magic Bullet and love it. I purchased it after reading about it on this forum. I was tired of having to wash the blender everytime I made a shake. It is perfect for makin a shake at a time.....and I just rinse off the blade and throw the cups in the dishwasher. It does use electricity....so if by a "travel" blender you mean something battery operated it wont work.
Shari
Start Date 12/28/04
218/189/160
Psalms 37:4
LadyinVA
Regular Member - #20 Club

Thanks

Postby Lissakay » January 20th, 2005, 3:53 pm

It sounds like everyone love the Magic Bullet. I will swing by Target and pick one up. I saw it there for $60.

Thanks for the input! :goteam:
Lissakay
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby mombarnes » January 20th, 2005, 6:50 pm

I travel all the time & also need a travel blender on the road in addition to the shaker jar I got with my first order. I got a wonderful Christmas gift from my son - a frother from Restoration Hardware. It runs on batteries & is perfect for making the chai, capachino (sp?) and hot chocolate. I also froth up my shakes sometimes, too, for a treat. It was not too expensive (I know that Sasa got one, too, and may remember the price) and worth every penny.
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby keh001 » January 21st, 2005, 8:45 am

Hi-
I recently bought a Hamilton Beach Personal Blender. It was $14 at Walmart, and I know Target sells it also. It makes one shake at a time, and comes with a drinking lid. You can just drink right out of the jar- so less mess! I was skeptical about how effective the blender would be, but it has worked great. I usually put about 14 ice cubes in my shakes, and they have been coming out nice and creamy and smooth. The blender also whips up the drinks very fast and is relatively quiet. So if you don't want to spend much money, I definitely recommend the Hamilton Beach.
The only dissability in life is a bad attitude.
keh001
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Triskets » January 21st, 2005, 9:59 am

Hi Gang -

I curious, why do you like using a blender? I know the small shaker jar we get to start with is too small if you want to mix your MF with pop. I use a 32oz Tubberware plastic shaker (less than $2), add 3-4 ice cubes, pop and MF and shake it up - works like a charm.
How does the blender make it better? :?:

Thanks!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » January 21st, 2005, 10:32 am

I like the blender, because it makes the shake thicker and more like a "milkshake". When it gets too thick, I just drink it with a straw, it takes longer to drink, but thats a good thing. I haven't been a fan of just using the shaker jar. I can't seem to get the "graininess" out of the shake. But the blender is awesome.

Just thought I would let you all know that I have been on medifast 10 days now and have lost 15.5 pounds.....its incredible.

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby mindovermatter » January 21st, 2005, 11:14 am

Great news Maura. Good for you....Beth
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby explorthis » January 21st, 2005, 11:52 am

I curious, why do you like using a blender?

lol, me too Trish… I still to this day, when I have a shake (which is occasionally) grab my crusty million shake, faded word, permanently stained lid, shaker cup, and pour 10 ounces of ice cold water, a shake packet, shake for 30 seconds – to remove the chunks – toss in the X-Beer fridge under my desk, let sit for 10-15 mins until it thickens, which is really does, then chug it in one breath.

Now here is the lazy part, call it a guy thing. Once the shake is gone, I pour in another 10 ounces of water, lid it, shake it up to rinse, and chug the remaining, shaded Dutch Chocolate water, and then repeat. This semi rinses out my cup. Hey it works for me. I also get in 30 ounces of water everytime I have a shake (no wonder I use the lu soooo much).

Those of you that have been here for awhile took part in the “guess the smell” game when you forget to rinse out your cup WITH THE LID ON IT, after it sat over night, or for a weekend, and literally gagged to the point of almost throwing up because of the smell. Tell me you did not have to smell it again a second time, just to prove it was really that bad (I did) I have created this Penicillin concoction no less than 3 times in my Medi-life…

So, bottom line, pour, rip, shake, guzzle, rinse, repeat.

Blender? Why again?

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby 24KaratGold » January 21st, 2005, 12:08 pm

With a blender you can crush ice into your shake and thicken it (vanilla shake plus diet root beer plus ice equals a root beer float!), or you can make slushees with crystal lite for a legal treat.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Triskets » January 21st, 2005, 4:15 pm

OK I tried the blender thing. I'll stick to my shaker!
Thanks
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 21st, 2005, 11:53 pm

Mike, your concoction is what I call "Pale Ale" I do it all the time :shock: when I am drinking and driving...or drinking and riding. :lol:

For over a year I HAD to have a blended shake - I just liked 'em creamy, cool and smooth now I just slurp, burp and get on with the fun things of life!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby jene115 » January 29th, 2005, 3:25 pm

I didn't realize that you can mix the MF shakes with diet drinks still. Back in 1987 when I was on MF, I only mixed with diet soda, but now that the MF shakes are soy based, I didn't realize that they can be mixed with anything but water. Cool! :mrgreen:
jene115
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 2nd, 2005, 4:59 pm

Jene ~

Yep, snoop around on the Forum for more shake ideas. Diet Orange Crush or Diet Strawberry pop is nice to enhance the flavors of the Strawberry Creme and Orange Delight shakes.

Just remember, Folks, we do NOT mix Medifast packets with milk or juice...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.