BiggerInTexas

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby bikipatra » May 31st, 2007, 9:03 am

Stacey in your journey of 84 more pounds to lose, two days is a blip on the screen if you will let it be and stay close to the program from now on. It is simple, but not always easy. I messed up myself 2 days ago. But I messed up for an hour, and got back immediately. That's how things are different for me than before and they can be for you.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DonnaS » May 31st, 2007, 12:29 pm

Wow Stacey you have lost 31 lbs. in about two months, that's wonderful! You should be so proud of that and forget about the holiday blip. Your weight loss is very encouraging to me; now I can't wait for August to get here just to see what I will look like then.

I sure hope it quits raining in Austin today, enough is enough. My husband and I are heading down Austin way this evening and staying until Sunday. Would you see what you can do about that rain before we get there :D .

DonnaS
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » May 31st, 2007, 2:01 pm

Hi Stacey! I sllipped up and gained 2 pounds recently, but i jumped right back on plan and now they're GONE!!...so don't worry girl keep on shakin:+)

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » May 29th, 2008, 6:33 pm

Been sayin' hi in the weight loss/failures room, and I thought I'd pick up the 'ol journal, too. As hard as it is, it's good to be back on the ol' wagon!
BiggerInTexas

Postby Sojourner » June 2nd, 2008, 12:59 pm

Hey, Stacey girl!
:wavie:
I hear ya' about how difficult
it is to be on the wagon... having
fellow passengers like you makes
it better though! Welcome back!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby BiggerInTexas » June 3rd, 2008, 1:35 pm

Hi back atcha! :D It's good to be back!

I was wondering if any of ya'll know much about using seeds as a snack. Is it a no-no during weight loss? I've found that a handful of sunflower seeds really curb popcorn and potato chip cravings. And since they take some work to eat, they make me feel like I've had a bunch to eat (like I've been chewing a long time). But yesterday a girlfriend reminded me that they make sunflower oil from sunflower seeds, so they're probably kinda high in fat, eh? She suggested pumpkin or squash seeds, but I wonder if they're bad, too?

I know we have soy chips for those moments. I should probably stick to those.
BiggerInTexas

Postby DogMa » June 4th, 2008, 11:26 am

None of those are part of the program, as far as I know. If it's not in the Quick Start Guide, it's not OK to have. The soy crisps ought to help, though.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby katieb920 » June 8th, 2008, 5:52 am

Hi Stacy,

Welcome Back, I know about the cravings. Have you ever thought about cutting up a pickle into to really tiny pieces that is what helps me. Oh and bubble yum.... :lol:
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » June 9th, 2008, 7:36 am

That's a really good idea, I'll do that!

I shoulda known going with something not specifically on the program was a bad idea. :dooh: I only lost 1lb this week - could be the seeds. *sigh* Ah well - lesson learned!

Ok, this week: goal is to exercise 3 times. Eventually I want to work up to twice a day - once in the morning and once in the afternoon. But 3X in one week sounds like a good start. And if I'm exercising instead of sitting in front of the TV, it'll help crush the munchies, too. :D
BiggerInTexas

Postby BiggerInTexas » June 19th, 2008, 5:43 pm

Hello, All!

Well, all my grand "I'm-back-on-the-wagon" plans kinda got way-laid a bit. Just a coupla days after I re-started, my dear hubby came down with an awful sinus infection. Of course I couldn't let him suffer alone, so I picked up the nasty bug myself. He has finally shaken it and I think I'm not too far behind. Word on the street is that I'll pull through.

On top of that, my birthday is this weekend and friends, family and co-workers have been so sweetly taking me out and bringing goodies, so there have been a few slip-ups.

Overall I've done ok, though. I weighed in at 210 lbs this morning, 10lbs down from my starting weight three weeks ago. Hopefully now that things are getting back to normal the weight will start coming off a bit faster.

We finally got a scale for at home. Up 'til now I've been using the scales at the doc's office where I work. I usually drink a 16oz bottle of water on the way to work, so when I weighed I'd be in scrubs, tennis shoes and I'd have drunk a bottle of water.

When I weighed this morning I had just gotten up (I had used the restroom, but I wasn't dressed and hadn't drunk any water yet). I decided to weigh again when I got to work, just to check out the differnce. At work, I weighed in at 217. Do ya'll think that scrubs + tennies + 16 oz H2O=7lbs? Or could it just be a difference in scales? I think from now on I'll just weigh at home, since there are too many variables by the time I get to work.
BiggerInTexas

Postby Mike » June 19th, 2008, 6:59 pm

BiggerInTexas wrote: Do ya'll think that scrubs + tennies + 16 oz H2O=7lbs? Or could it just be a difference in scales? I think from now on I'll just weigh at home, since there are too many variables by the time I get to work.

I would say pick a scale and pick a time to weigh. I use my scale at home and I only weight when I get up after I've used the restroom. Our weight fluctuates during the day and remember... 1 gallon of water is 8 lbs... so 1 16 oz bottle is about 1 lb.

Glad you are feeling better and are back "on the wagon".

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » June 20th, 2008, 8:16 am

Thanks! I think I'll stick with an at-home-first-thing-in-the-morning-weigh-in from now on.

Today I weighed exactly the same! *sigh* And when I got to work, a drug rep had brought breakfast tacos. I keep chanting the rule to myself, "Stay out of the breakroom!" Argh.
BiggerInTexas

Postby BiggerInTexas » June 20th, 2008, 10:27 am

*Phew!* I made it thru the morning and not one breakfast taco passed these lips. I kept handing them out to patients and folks that work in other offices in the building (after co-workers were done eating, of course) 'til they were all gone. Taco temptations successfully vanquished!

And just now, another drug rep just walked in the door with lunch. From the Macaroni Grill. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!
Stay out of the breakroom, stay out of the breakroom, stay out of the .....
BiggerInTexas

Postby BiggerInTexas » June 20th, 2008, 10:29 am

Oh, cool, I have an avatar now! That's from trip to Amsterdam with hubby this past March. Wow, I am really easily distracted.
BiggerInTexas

Postby SharonR » June 20th, 2008, 11:43 am

You look beautiful! Good for you for not eating any of that yucky...gross....nasty food. LOL It's all in your mind, right?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal