I'm back from Jamaica!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I'm back from Jamaica!

Postby doglover » May 26th, 2005, 10:40 am

Hello to all! I've asked Unca to post some pics in the Studio! I have lots of Jamaica pics if anyone wants me to send them our online photo album let me know. I don't think I can post the site here.

Anyway, the trip was incredible. We love Jamaican people and their land. They were incredibly gracious and serving. We felt like royalty at all times. We are incredibly thankful to have been able to go! We are incredibly grateful to my parents for keeping the kids and dogs in order while we were gone!

Bill learned to wind surf and did very well! I water skied. We went on a glass bottom boat trip and snorkeling trip. We sailed a Hobie Cat twice and then did a lot of beach laying and pool bar partying! The food was so incredibly good. We ate a feast every night of wonderful veggies, fruits, great treated meats and Bill had fish at every meal!! I am so happy to report that I felt I did very well food wise! I made good choices and was very diligent to drink 100 oz of water every day! Bill and I only shared desert one night at a fancy restaurant which was our plan. I did however drink alcohol :buddies: but we knew we would since it was an all inclusive, so I did not feel guilty. I know many of you will think this is weird but I am thrilled to have only gained 4 lbs! Had I not been conscious of my food intake (bec. believe me the choice to eat 24/7 is there!) I would have come back bigger than when I started! But I never felt deprived and felt totally in control.

So today I am so relaxed I'm sure I have zero blood pressure! Bill and I are re-adjusting and I am slurping away at medifast! I am not having a hard time today w/ hunger or control issues so all in all I would say that this journey has been an absolute success!!

Thanks for all the kind wishes and welcome backs! I am trying to catch up! I've decided to of course get back on the medi trail to get back to my second goal of 140 and then I am contemplating another 5! We'll see!

Oh, and one more thing - my profile now says Beach Bound! We are heading to the Outer Banks (Islands off the coast of the Carolinas) in August! Then off to Mexico in Nov. Bill is right now looking up Bermuda as we are contemplating that for next year! Can you tell traveling is in my blood?
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 26th, 2005, 11:37 am

Donna....what a FUN trip! :yippee: I'm so jealous!!! And....you only gained 4 pounds - that's super!! I think I could gain 4 pounds in one day!!

We missed you and glad you're back shakin away with us!! :stroll:
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » May 26th, 2005, 11:47 am

Donna-

We are glad you are back. Sounds like you had a great time!

The photos are great! You look incredible! You should be very proud of yourself.

Angelia :mrgreen:
Last edited by want2Bthin on May 26th, 2005, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » May 26th, 2005, 1:27 pm

:exercise: Welcome Home, you Thinny Thing!
Your vacation sounds like it was all that you had imagined it would be and much more.

Your MakeMeThinner Family was :scratchhead: thinking about you everyday - we feel like your vacation was our vacation, too. We had a part in preparing you for your time away.

Now that you've returned, what will your by-line be? Jamaica-Bound Lover of Dogs will have to think about a new handle. :mrgreen:

:oops: No worries about those 4 lousy pounds - they will come off right away. Some of it is fluid retention caused from flying.

You did very well with your eating plan while vacationing, Mon.

Betcha had fun getting those 4 pounds, eh? ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby doglover » May 26th, 2005, 1:47 pm

Hey Nancy - I am now "Beach Bound"! Yes, I had a fantabulous time getting those 4 lbs! It was all in the rum cream!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby Mommy2girls » May 26th, 2005, 2:15 pm

Donna,

Welcome back, and thanks for the pictures! You look wonderful, happy :D and glowing! I do not think it is wierd to be happy with only a 4lb weight gain! I went to Hawaii in March of '00 and came back 10lbs heavier. Really. I got pg with my first child less than 2 weeks after coming home and never had the chance to lose it. (Well, I am now....5 years later... :lol: ...rather attempting to get back to that weight...)

Anyhoo, I think you did great and it sounds as if you very carefully planned much of what you ate, and therefore should be very pleased with yourself. I don't think you need lipo, JMO. You look GREAT!!!! 8)

Sheila
6 weeks = –22lbs
Mommy2girls

Postby doglover » May 26th, 2005, 2:24 pm

Thanks Sheila! Looks like the pics got posted on the wrong place! Anyway, it was great!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby Unca_Tim » May 26th, 2005, 2:56 pm

Ooooops....pics moved over to the "Studio" room under
"Jamaica Mon"

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LilMsTexas » May 26th, 2005, 3:39 pm

Hey Donna..........welcome home and I missed you!! I posted a reply to your pictures that are just gorgeous and yes I want a link to the photo album to enjoy them all :D

Girl if you come over to the OBX you might as well jet up for a Washington D.C. trip and see me and Rae on the way :D

I am so excited you had an awesome trip and you realize that 4 lbs will be gone in absolutely no time and you'll headed south to the big goal! Dang that's wonderful!

Welcome home!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby doglover » May 26th, 2005, 5:51 pm

Oh my gosh Christi!!! Look at you in the 150's! I am SOOO proud of you!

You are one special person in my life and so encouraging to me. Thanks for the kind words in the studio. That is hard to do (post the pics) and I spent much time scrutinizing them. But I tried to focus on what I like - skinny wrist, neck and collar bones rather than see huge thighs and stomach!

Anyway, I didn't mean to go back to me - I am so proud of you! You are really getting close!

I would LOVE to arrange a meeting w/ you and Rae! Maybe as we get closer we can sit down and really figure that out!

You are my hero!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby DonicaB » May 27th, 2005, 7:24 am

Donna~~we are soooo glad you are back, though I imagine you would like to still be there. The pictures were great.........You look beautiful........and you and your DH make such a cute couple. :stroll:

It sounds like you had a great time. I keep reminding my husband, that he said he would take me on a cruise or Cancun or somewhere when I get to goal. I can't wait.......and if I only gain 4# I will be thrilled. :D

So you gained those 4# on rum cream? I was thinking.........PB. hehe :devious:

Glad to have you back.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

welcome back

Postby oregonrose » May 27th, 2005, 11:06 am

HI! thats great you had such a good time and only gained 4 lbs. I am particularly impressed by the water intake! Thats my hardest on trips because of all the time needing the "loo" ! :lol: anyway, i'm off to check out the pix! nancy
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 27th, 2005, 12:37 pm

Donna those pictures are just tremendous and there is NO REASON to ANYTHING but VERY PROUD of the new bod you're sporting these days :D

And YOU are MY inspiration! I am chasing after you to goal girlie ;)

Welcome home again!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby dlr2424 » May 27th, 2005, 1:01 pm

Donna.........my medibuddy.... :hug: ......I am estatic for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!... :bouncie: ...I can totally relate with being thrilled with only a 4 lb gain..........which you already lost half of...... :clap: ....I am so proud of you for making good choices..... :thumbup: ...having been on many all-inclusives I know the temptation of all that food & alcohol..... :twisted: .....even though I don't drink......the non-alcoholic drinks are awesome as well...........I am in awe that you only had dessert ONCE.... :shock: ......and split it at that ..........being on that type of vacation would prove to me that one could definitly handle maintenance with much success..........well i'm glad you back with us..... :yes: ....and that your soon to be beach bound..... :yay: .......aren't they the best..........
donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doglover » June 2nd, 2005, 4:45 am

Just wanted to give a quick update that it only took me one week exactly to get those 4 vacation pounds off! (Was that rum cream I smelled in the potty ;) ) Back to square one! This plan is so awesome!!!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Next

Return to The Weight Room