I'm back from Jamaica!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Nancy » June 2nd, 2005, 6:52 am

Donna ~

Now that those 4 vacation reminders are off, you can start focusing on being beach-bound, eh?

You are doing super and we are so happy for you - living vicariously thru your skinny adventures!

:heart: to you and a :hug: for Bill!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » June 2nd, 2005, 7:42 am

Hey Donna,

Just so I know for later (once I reach goal!). What exactly is RUM CREAM??? And can you get it or make it in the states?

It sounds awesome..

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Greetings from TwoVille!

Postby Seaside » June 2nd, 2005, 7:49 am

Yes, folks, ONEderland is wonderful, but for me -- TwoVille was just a dream until I got with the MediFast program. But today, for the first time in several years (I assume, I stayed off the scale) I am officially back in TwoVille! :yes:

Does MediFast work? :yes: :yes: :yes: !!!!!!!!!!!!

PS rum cream does sound heavenly. :bricks: oh yeah. I'm on the yellow brick road to ONEderland!
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 2nd, 2005, 8:10 am

HURRAY! Donna, good on you for getting those four off right away, and Seaside!!!!!!!!! Welcome to Twoville! It's a straight shot now to ONEderland. Congratulations!!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby doglover » June 2nd, 2005, 4:36 pm

Rum Cream is some special kind of rum that I've only ever seen in Jamaica. It was SOO good and so creamy. You can have it straight up or in mixes. Man, I'm telling you it was so good. But this is probably not appropriate for this forum ;)

Now, CONGRAT'S to Seaside for getting to TWOville! You're doing great! :yes:

Today - very interestingly enough I feel completely FAT! I got some more pictures back from the trip (the kind on a regular camera) and I really think I need to aim for 20 more lbs! I just feel like in some of them I look HUGE! So, I'm going to get to 140 - then to 135 and re-evaluate. I have a weird Post-MS syndrome thing where at the end of my cycle I really feel bloated and sometimes have weird cramps. I am trying to remind myself of that all day. And I am trying to chug extra water to see if that helps.

Then I went and did something dumb. :bricks: Yesterday I was shopping and found a really cute little summer skirt. It was at a discount place (Meijer - anyone know them?) and so they were the Small, Med, Large kind of store. I really did not trust myself and bought a Large and a med. tank top. Well, they're way too big! I really need a med. and small tank. Ugh. :x So that did not help my feeling fat all day as I was in too big clothes! Why can't our mind break that cycle? I stared at it for a long time and just could not imagine that a med. skirt would fit. Oh well....

Have a good evening everyone. Does anyone notice certain days I like to rattle on and others I don't post a thing???? :roll:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 2nd, 2005, 5:10 pm

Donna-

Sorry you are having a feel yucky kind of a day. :| However I will say that I have seen your vacation photos that you posted and you do NOT look fat! Completely opposite- you look AWESOME! :mrgreen:

Angelia :lol:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby kassilou » June 2nd, 2005, 7:57 pm

Meijer, Donna? I had to go check your profile cuz I knew you had to be fairly close to me. :wave: I'm in Michigan, and spend way too much money at that store.
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou

Postby Nancy » June 3rd, 2005, 12:03 am

Dear Skinny ~

You look slender because you ARE slender...Donna, it takes a long time to make a U-turn in your thinking and realization of your body size.

I went into the Encore section at Nordy's (the Women's Dept.) myself recently...then there is the little shop I visited today - nearly everything was size 0-6. 8's looked HUGE compared to those zeros. I noticed those boutiques have teensy clothing and HUMONGOUS prices...

I often look for women in the crowd that might be my size so I can get an idea of how I look to others.

According to Terry, I always find ladies that are much larger than I am.

It must take longer for some of us to form a realistic picture of our new size. I've been doing this for more than two years now and I still don't have it down. Help! Our self-perception is whacked!

Maybe we are perpetually hormonally challenged, eh?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby 24KaratGold » June 3rd, 2005, 7:23 am

Y'know, as a following thought to Nancy's post, and addressing Donna's concern -- it is this perception that we are fat when we are not that leads directly to other eating disorders, anorexia and bulimia. Donna, please make sure that before you press on to 120 or whatever you have some outside, objective input into that decision from your husband and your doctor. What BMI would that give you? Would that be a healthy weight for you? You do NOT look fat to those of us who have seen your pictures here. Please don't let the number on the scale be your determining factor.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby LilMsTexas » June 3rd, 2005, 8:34 am

Donna Donna Donna lol

We are all such silly creatures. Ya know I have been having virtually this same discussion at work with my friends in the past few days. I realize already that I have such a perception of myself in my head. I have looked at this body overweight for so many years that I can't imagine myself any other way.

Another topic of discussion was looking back at old pictures and thinking "If only I could be that size again" and realizing AT that size I thought I was fat and needed to lose weight :shock: The point I made yesterday was that I was always comparing myself to my "thinny friends" who were just little sprigs of girls. I was ALWAYS bigger than them, and will always BE bigger than now WOMEN like that.......but that doesn't make ME fat...it just makes them REALLY small :D But we are in this constant compare/constrast state of mind. What is ever good enough?

Yesterday I did something I swore I would NEVER do :shock: Osh Kosh B'Gosh has an adult line if you were unaware....and the clothes are REALLY cute! Well the big store here is doing away with their adult line because it doesn't sell as well as the kids line and everything is 60% off!! Yesterday I went in just to browse around and find some things for my sons possibly and bought a pair of capris for me in SIZE 8 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I didn't even attempt to try them on. I am wearing a size 14 at the moment because of the big fat belly monster. My waist is smaller and my hips and legs are certainly capable of a smaller size, but no way is this stomach fitting in there. BUT...with the pending surgery, ALL of my friends say "Oh you will be in a size 8 or 6 with no problem"! I honestly can't even imagine that....at all...in a million years. BUT...they were on sale for 16 dollars and really sassy red and white stripes and just so darn cute I thought "I'll just put them away and if I can't wear them I have a friend I can give them to."

Ya know Donna....I'll be honest with you because you and I have such similar bodies and so many other similarities. I can tell that you want to lose 10 more lbs and I would too. But there is NO FREAKING WAY that you should lose 20 more lbs. I honestly believe that you will get to 135 and decide you want to take off 5 more for some budging room....but smaller than that and you will honestly look sick. You'll probally fluctuate between 130-140 for the rest of your life because our body frame is going to adjust at that weight. I really think the 135 weight for our body frame and having children ect. is really a good mark.

You are just having some freaky hormonal thing lol. Even if you didn't lose another lb you look FANNNTABULOUS...seriously you do! I know I've rambled off topic here and there....but you all know how I am lol

Oh Oh Oh...one more point...we have to learn to TRY CLOTHES ON IN THE STORE!! Our "mind's eye" won't allow us to realize right now how much our bodies have changed. I'm afraid to try things on sometimes because I don't want to be disappointed. But let's face it...anything is better than where I started 8)

Be better to yourself Donna. We're all SO proud of you...it's about time you were proud of YOURSELF!

Cheers and hugs,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » June 3rd, 2005, 8:40 am

24 K ~ Christi ~ Donna Girl ~ etc...

You are exactly right. I think that is one of the reasons why I weigh daily and record it - it makes me feel 'safer' when I can see that number. I've tried to gauge myself just by the fit of my clothes but for some reason, it doesn't give me that sense of security that I seem to need.

Maybe it is because I have been obese for so many years and struggled so much of my life with my obesity.

I don’t think about it daily and I don’t feel like I look fat every day – just off and on and more so since I have had a flare up of my auto immune disorder or when I am especially tired. When I do all the things I should = :snooze: rest, :git: relax, :yay: have some fun, :puter: work, :hug: serve others, etc. - when I am balancing my life well, :boing: I feel great and adequate; when I am tired or stressed, my self-image is :twisted: distorted.

I firmly believe it is important to work on self-thoughts and self-talks.

I’ve written about this many times but some of us do not treat ourselves as kindly as we treat others.

We are :twisted: self-denigrating and we say :whip: destructive things about ourselves inside our head like “What a stupid thong to do!”

“This makes me look like a hippo.”

“Fatty, fatty 2 by 4…”

“When I walk, my bum looks like two cats fighting in a paper sack.”
When I repeat the things significant others said to me in my youth, I go through a flabby phase. That’ll :hammerhead1: burst your bubble, Folks…

Some of you frequently say, “I am so tired.”

“I have no energy to do anything.”

“I need some food to comfort me.”

“I had a really bad day, let’s go out to eat!”

Therefore, we must replace the negative running tape with positive truthful statements such as, “I am a healthy person,”

“I am slender and make good food choices.”

“I feel fit and my energy level is fantastic.”

“Let’s go for a walk and enjoy the beautiful scenery.”

“I am at a healthy weight for my height and age.” (this is a good response to those who say, You need to lose a few more or you need to stop…”)

For some of us, reaching a normal size is brand new.

We haven’t experienced this weight since we were aware of weight, it takes some adjustment.

Soon the novelty is displaced when we begin to help and serve others – the gratefulness and the bliss has not waned for me. My confidence is that this is life-long is growing with each successful choice I make.

It is important to truly know and to accept that our self-worth is not dependent upon a number on the scale or the garment size on the label in our clothing. I concur with you 24 K that our BMI is the way to determine our appropriate weight.

In my early years, our doctor told me that we should weigh 100 pounds for the first 5 feet of our height and then 5 pounds for every inch over five feet. Example 5’ 6” = 100# + 5# x 6” = 130#.

Dr. Andersen said that there is minimal difference in the bone weights of people with large and small bones; the difference in the weights of the bones is a matter of ounces therefore using one’s BMI is the current standard for weight determination.

I find it interesting to note that over the years as I speak with people about their current weight and their goal weight before they begin the weight loss program describe themselves as large-framed or large-boned. I cannot recall the last time anyone told me they were small-boned or had a petite frame. I know that I describe myself as having “large hands, large feet, broad shoulders and a large rib cage” – what’s with that?
:huh:
Why can’t I just say “I am a healthy, fit awesome lady?”

Signed,

a Former Flabby who is still in process of becoming…
:cateye:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Fatty Fatty

Postby Jan » June 3rd, 2005, 9:38 am

Nancy Nancy Nancy!!
You NEVER look fat. You look tiny and cute. Folks I see Nancy at least 3-4 times everyweek and she always looks GOOD. Her clothes are really cute and her makeup and hair are always perfect!! I never see 1 oz of flab. I think I'm going to print up some labels that say " I am thin and cute -- I have no flab" and plop one on her each time I see her. Plus Nancy has a smile that lights up her face and makes everybody feel good. You know good friends tell you the truth and I just did :D
Jan
Preferred member

Postby doglover » June 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm

Thanks for the kind words of wisdom. I really must have hormonal fluctuations that mess w/ my mind. I just hate to see pictures of me now that I still think look fat. That really bothered me yesterday. Some of them I look great - others aweful! So...I am going to press on. I WILL get to 140 and then re-evaluate. I WILL accept my new body as one of better health and looking better.

Funny side note - one of the cameras we used in Jamaica we found left over from our British Virgin Island trip in July 2004. So we used up the rest of the shots. Therefore we also got back some BVI pics and my husband told me to look at one of them and he said he could not believe how much smaller I look in the Jamaica pics than in the BVI picture. Now is he a sweety or what. But he truly meant it - I look so much better!

So, this weekend I am off to Indianapolis for a girls shopping weekend w/ my mom and sister! We are so excited. We do this about 1x/yr. My mom is the one in need of clothes this time. I may find a couple things myself! We're staying right downtown in the Hyatt attached to the big City Center Mall! It will be great and I hope to introduce my sister to this program and get her started as well! Wish me luck!!!

See you all Sun. night!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby Spunky » June 3rd, 2005, 8:11 pm

Donna - Beach Bound,
WELCOME BACK KIDDO!

You were missed around here. You sure have the travel bug you skinny little thing. Enjoy.
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby doglover » June 5th, 2005, 3:24 pm

Thanks Spunky! We always joke at my house that I descended from gypsy's! Next weekend we're going to Chgo (where we're from!). The weekend trip was great! Not so great news on getting my sister to sign up for MF, but I'll still work on her! She is close to 300 lbs now and really needs this.

Anyway, found a cute skirt, 2 capris and 1 pr of shoes. Oh ya, and a great toe ring!

I have not weighed so feel empty w/out roll call but I'll weigh in the morning and post late.

Glad to be back. I can't believe how behind one gets when off this board for 2 days!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Previous

Return to The Weight Room