Baby Trace

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby BabyTrace » August 30th, 2007, 8:04 am

Thanks Tawanda, Pam, Linda and Katie. It helps so much knowing we've got a cheerleading squad here just waiting to cheer our victories and lend a helping hand when we are struggling.

I am really enjoying the feeling of being part of a large group all working toward the same goal. I like knowing that even when I don't have time to come here every day and read or even on the days I don't feel like posting, that when I do return there is always someone here.

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby queenielou » August 30th, 2007, 8:08 am

Hey Tracy,

I agree with you - I like the feeling of knowing there are people who are working toward the same goal as I am and that they are making it happen. You're doing so well! I can't wait to be as skinny as you :)
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby BabyTrace » August 30th, 2007, 8:37 am

Day 51 of Compliance

This morning I tried on the dress I wore to my wedding dinner last year. It fit! I'm still about 5 lbs heavier than I was then, but the dress still fit quite nicely. I'll attribute that to the exercise I've been doing. My husband is going to be so surprised when he sees me next month! I can't wait! :lol:

This morning I did 3 sets of wall push ups. Dang! They hurt worse than any of the ab crunches I've been doing. My arms were seriously burning at the end of each set. I have major noodle arms. (Extra large manicotti noodles. ;)) I noticed last night that my shoulders are starting to look more defined. I made a muscle with both arms at the same time. Wow. I know my shoulders have never looked like this. At least not in the last 15 years. Once again I'll attribute that to the elliptical trainer. I know it's supposed to be working my upper body, but I hadn't realized just how much. Anyway, I've still got flabby arms, so I thought now would be a good time to add in the wall push ups.

Yesterday marked the 1/2 way point in my 100 days challenge. It's still a goal I am striving for. It was tough in the beginning, but as the weeks have gone on, I've kind of just got into the "just do it" mode. I'm thankful for that, but I know how easily boredom can set in or stress can take over, so I'm trying to be cognisant of that.

Not to take away from my achievement, I feel like a lot of my success if due to the fact that I am alone right now. I haven't been faced with many major food choices since I haven't had to worry about what my husband would be eating, etc. I'm already starting to stress a little bit about when I get to Nashville next month. My husband works in radio broadcasting, so multiple times a week we are at events such as dinners with record reps, new artist shows, etc. They all involve food, alcohol and looking good. It's funny, I'm not at all worried about the looking good part...I'm getting a handle on that! ;) It's the food and alcohol I'm worried about. That's where my willpower and desire to complete my journey and achieve my goals will have to take the front seat. This is something I've been writing about in my paper journal lately. It's definitely in the forefront of my mind.

Exercise: 300 calories on elliptical, 140 ab crunches 36 wall push ups
Last edited by BabyTrace on October 19th, 2007, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace

Postby BabyTrace » August 30th, 2007, 8:41 am

queenielou wrote:Hey Tracy,

I agree with you - I like the feeling of knowing there are people who are working toward the same goal as I am and that they are making it happen. You're doing so well! I can't wait to be as skinny as you :)

Thanks Queenie! I can't wait until I have the exercise endurance that you do! I heard about the stairmaster! :)

BabyTrace

Postby Hopebaby » August 30th, 2007, 9:10 am

Good for you on the wall pushups! Those are hard!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby katieb920 » August 30th, 2007, 9:47 am

Hopebaby wrote:Good for you on the wall pushups! Those are hard!

Linda

I totally agree on how hard push ups are. I can not even do the regular one. The only push up I can do is push the fork up to my mouth and then eat :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (well i cant even do that anymore :lol: )

Good job trace that is so awesome. I have been exercising I just need to pick it up a little bit.

Katie
Katie
katieb920

Postby queenielou » August 30th, 2007, 10:37 am

I should join you on the elliptical that allows you to move your arms but the ones in my apartment fitness center don't let you change the incline. I have a workout for the elliptical from Shape magazine that requires you to change the incline and the resistance during the 30 minutes, so I use the machine with stationary arms.

Great job on the toning. I can feel your excitement! I can't wait to hear your husband's response to your success next month.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou

Postby katesmom » August 31st, 2007, 2:56 am

Good Morning Tracy,

Just popping in to say Hi !

Sure hope that you have a great day....

Thanks for your inspiration !!
:wave:
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » August 31st, 2007, 3:45 am

Thanks for the inspiration. I haven't done wall pushups in months. Somehow "forgot." I did 20 last night.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby BabyTrace » August 31st, 2007, 7:27 am

queenielou wrote:I should join you on the elliptical that allows you to move your arms but the ones in my apartment fitness center don't let you change the incline. I have a workout for the elliptical from Shape magazine that requires you to change the incline and the resistance during the 30 minutes, so I use the machine with stationary arms.

I was reading last night that when you do the elliptical without using the moving or stationary arms it causes you to engage your abs more. I tried it this morning by just moving my arms as if I was jogging. It definitely took more balance and I could feel it in my abs for sure.

BabyTrace

Postby BabyTrace » August 31st, 2007, 7:31 am

Day 52 of Compliance

You girls are right about the push ups being tough--even the wall ones. I could definitely feel it in my arms this morning. It was a good sore. An 'I know it's working sore'. :)

Exercise: 330 calories on the elliptical, 140 ab crunches, 36 wall push ups

BabyTrace

Postby Hopebaby » August 31st, 2007, 7:38 am

Good for you Tracy continuing your exercise regimen! It will really pay off for you in reducing loose skin I think. One of my daughters lost 65 pounds a few years back and she exercised the whole time and didn't end up with much loose skin.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby holberry » August 31st, 2007, 8:31 am

Im so happy for you to have the exersice buzz going. It feels so good to eat well and burn :exercise:
hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Elizabeth » August 31st, 2007, 10:15 am

Hey BabyTrace! Thanks so much for stopping by my journal and encouraging me. It means alot! Thanks also for being such a good example with your compliance and exercising !
I remember reading that you were moving soon....but wanted to mention I'm in the mitten also....on the right side...but we have property and camp up north near LM often. I love this state...its home to me.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby katesmom » September 1st, 2007, 5:52 am

Hi Tracy,
Thanks so much for visiting my journal...Yes, today is a new day and I have already had a shake...It was some day yesterday, but it was my attitude that helped me persevere !

Have a great day and weekend !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal