Baby Trace

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby queenielou » August 16th, 2007, 8:16 am

Hey Trace,

It's great to hear what a difference the weight loss has made for you. And like you said, you're not even down 20 yet so imagine when you reach goal! Congrats on the 3.8 pounds, too :)
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 16th, 2007, 8:39 am

BabyTrace wrote:Day 37 of Compliance

Down another .6 today to 172.2. This eating plan continues to amaze me! Seeing a drop on the scale every day or so helps to affirm that I will be able to reach my goal.

Since adding exercise last week my motivation to stay strong has only increased. Even on days when I may not want to exercise, after I push myself to get started I am grateful. Exercise is giving me a greater feeling of well being. I feel strong and motivated.

I'm not even 20 lbs down yet, but I am already starting to feel visible again. For so long I have felt like an invisible blob. When I left the house I felt like people did not even see me, that they didn't want to look at me. Maybe it's because I DIDN'T want them to see me. If the belief that you attract what you project is true, no wonder... In the past few days I've noticed myself walking with pride, with a smile and my head held high. I am starting to feel beautiful again. I am visible again.

Tracy I totally understand what you mean! THis morning I made a list of the reasons I started this journey and "feeling invisible" was one of them! I have noticed (or imagined or exaggerated) that salespeople ignore me since I gained so much weight. I have been angered and hurt many times when having to beg for service while some while the salesperson bypasses me for a little twig-woman. LOL. Most of my life I was that twig-woman so now I know how others felt. I am working on it but it makes me feel better to know I am not alone in feeling invisible.

I also understand your wondering if maybe we wanted to be invisible because we were embarrassed (and just plain ashamed in my case) about the extra weight.

I am very happy for you on your recent visit from the Whoosh Fairy! Keep up the good work!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Mickeyz » August 16th, 2007, 1:00 pm

You are doing so great.

I know what you mean about the whole invisible thing. I often felt the same. I wanted to be invisible I was in so much body shame. I just started staying home as much as possible and missed many social & family events. The more isolated I became the more I ate.

I'm glad you are starting to feel beautiful again (your avatar is very lovely) Doesn't it feel great to start reclaiming yourself! :D
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lasi » August 16th, 2007, 1:14 pm

You are really doing great. I know what you mean about being invisible. My friends are usually much more noticible than me. Thats what my mind tells me, but my friends say it ain't so. They tell a much different story about me than I do.

Let's break out!! and be who we really are.
Lasi
Begin 7/16/07
301/274.8
Lasi
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby BabyTrace » August 17th, 2007, 7:19 am

Day 38 of Compliance

Thanks Biki, Hol, Queenie, Linda, Mickey and Lasi for stopping by. Your comments helped to validate my feelings which made me feel "normal" (I know there's no such thing :)) and not alone.

One of the things that is so striking about this forum is that although we are all from different areas of the country, have different backgrounds, are different ages, etc we share a common bond in wanting to change for the better. Not only do we want to change our lives, we are here doing it!

Today is day 38 and I'm down another .2 from yesterday. I have been on a personal high for the past three days. It's like everyday I wake up feeling stronger than the day before. This morning the first words out of my mouth were "I gotta get up and work out!" --in a HAPPY voice! The strangest part is...I'm home alone! I was talking to myself!

I know there will be hard days ahead, but I'm going to enjoy this euphoria while it lasts.

30 minutes on the elliptical this morning and 120 ab crunches

Patience and Compliance is paying off.... :)
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby BabyTrace » August 18th, 2007, 5:45 pm

Day 39 of Compliance

Down another .4 today. I seriously cannot believe I've seen a drop on the scale for the past 6 days in a row. This is the longest strech of consecutive days with a loss since the colossal week 1. I'm just going to file this information for future reference when I'm having a stall!

Today has been a lazy day. Went to Target this morning to pick up a few things--including STICKERS--yep, I've officially joined the craze! My calendar looks awesome!! After a nap this afternoon I had to get up and do my daily exercise because I didn't want to miss out on getting a sticker for that!

All and all a good day. Patience and compliance is working!

Excercise: 300 calories on elliptical, 140 ab crunches

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace

Postby SharonR » August 18th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Hey there, sounds like you are doing great. Congrats on seeing the scale move for so long, I know that must feel wonderful!

Thanks for commenting in my journal, and good luck on your house selling also!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » August 19th, 2007, 4:55 am

I wouldn't give up my stickers for the world! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Katesmom

Postby katesmom » August 19th, 2007, 5:02 am

Since I'm new here...What are the stickers all about?
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 19th, 2007, 5:54 am

Morning Trace!

I'm glad to hear you are joining us with the stickers. It is inspiring to see my calendar filling up with stickers everytime I walk through my kitchen! Having a daily compliance sticker keeps me accountable too. I would hate to have a stickerless day!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Lasi » August 19th, 2007, 5:59 am

Good Morning,

It is good hearing how upbeat you are. Congrats on how far you have come... you are doing great!

How do you use your srickers?
Lasi
Begin 7/16/07
301/274.8
Lasi
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby BabyTrace » August 19th, 2007, 7:24 pm

Day 40 of Compliance

Up .2 from yesterday, but I cannot complain after seeing losses so many days in a row. Besides, I know TOM is around the corner.

I was lazy this morning and got busy later in the day, but I had to make sure I got my exercise in tonight so I would not miss a sticker. :lol: It's funny, I've been really motivated by the 100 day challenge plus now I've got stickers motivating me like a 2nd grader hoping to get a 100 on their spelling test!

By the way, mine are small circles with smilie faces, stars and phrases like Cool, Well Done, Super, etc. I give myself a sticker for compliance, exercise and a loss. At least two of the three are in my control each day. ;)

Exercise: 300 calories on elliptical, 150 ab crunches

BabyTrace

Postby BabyTrace » August 20th, 2007, 9:16 am

Day 41 of Compliance

Down another pound. All I can say is WOW! I'm so close to the 20 lb club I can taste it.

I was afraid when I started exercise that I would have a stall like so many, but that hasn't been the case so far. Since adding exercise 11 days ago the lbs keep melting off. I wonder if it has anything to do with only doing cardio and no weights....

Exercise: 300 calories on elliptical, 160 ab crunches
Last edited by BabyTrace on August 20th, 2007, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BabyTrace

Postby bikipatra » August 20th, 2007, 9:20 am

Congrats on the loss and getting to use your stickers! I lost this morning too and got a "Oustanding!" sticker.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby ChynnaDoll » August 20th, 2007, 5:47 pm

Hello there Tracy...WELCOME to you. I have been reading some of your and my'o'my YOU are doing just SUPER girl!!! Once you get going and see those pounds melting away, it just gives you no ending motivation to keep'on keepin'on...and you're sure doing it :-P I wish continued success to you on your journey to a healthier life:+)...Keep on shakin!!

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal