Baby Trace

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby queenielou » September 12th, 2007, 10:43 am

Tracy,

Congratulations on all the weight you've lost! 64 days of compliance is outstanding. You are doing so well - you'll be at 30 pounds down easily by the end of the month. Keep it up!
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby BabyTrace » September 12th, 2007, 10:50 am

Thanks Queenie! I'm giving it all I've got!
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby BabyTrace » September 12th, 2007, 10:52 am

aquarianskye wrote:Woohoo on the weight loss to date! I can't wait until I'm just 'overweight'. What an accomplishment!

Thank you! It does feel like a major accomplishment to me!

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace

Postby bikipatra » September 12th, 2007, 11:24 am

Congrats on your amazing success!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby BabyTrace » September 12th, 2007, 11:31 am

bikipatra wrote:Congrats on your amazing success!

Thanks Biki! :)

BabyTrace

Postby Tawanda » September 12th, 2007, 11:51 am

Congratulations on the 64 days. That is impressive and wonderful.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby katesmom » September 12th, 2007, 11:54 am

Tracy,
Congrats on your sussess ! You are an inspiration to all of us and helps us stay on track !

:D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby katesmom » September 15th, 2007, 5:01 am

Hi Tracy !
Just wanted to say good morning ! It is a very rainy day here, but the weather won't keep me down ! Sure hope thinga are going your way in Michigan ! My best friend lives in Wisconsin...Beautiful area... all of you mid-westerners are so sweet and friendly !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby BabyTrace » September 15th, 2007, 5:22 am

Hi Pam! Thanks for checking in on me. I'm headed out to the outlet malls this morning. I am in dire need of something that fits! Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

It's pretty cool here today. Only 40 right now with an expected high of 60. You are right about mid-westerners being friendly. I'm only midwestern by default right now, since I've only lived here two years. Living the first 34 years of my life in Arkansas I still stick out here like a sore thumb. Thursday I was in Walmart buying water. The cashier asked me how many cases I had in my cart. I said eight. Well actually I said "ate". She said "oh, how cute! Where are you from?" I said "Wow, one word is all I said and you've already figured out I'm not a native!" :) It's been fun up here with everyone being so accepting and for the most part most everyone is complimentary of my southern accent. A lot of funny things have happened as a result though. Twice I've ordered ice tea in restaurants (actually it sounds more like "eyes tae" when I say it) and twice waitresses have brought me Asti as in Asti Spumante. Both times got a great laugh from the waitress and everyone at the table! :mrgreen: Oh well, its been kind of nice being a novelty for two years, now I'm headed to Tennessee where I'll just sound like all the other hicks! :roll: :)

Have a great day! I'll check in tomorrow for roll call!
Last edited by BabyTrace on September 15th, 2007, 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BabyTrace

Postby queenielou » September 15th, 2007, 8:41 am

Hope you find some great clothes at the outlets!
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou

Postby Hopebaby » September 15th, 2007, 9:06 am

Yay Tracy!!! You will be in the 30 pound club before you know it!!!

I know what ya mean about the accent drawing attention. I was born in MO and lived here in my youth and a lot of myadult life. I have also lived in TX for nearly 10 years and when I lived in CA and in MA they thought I was either a "suthern gal" or a "cowgurl". LOL

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Sojourner » September 15th, 2007, 12:36 pm

BabyTrace wrote:It's been fun up here with everyone being so accepting and for the most part most everyone is complimentary of my southern accent.

Hola, Tracey!

I lived in Arkansas for 4 years...and people were always commenting on my "accent."
Wha??? "I don't have an accent, you guys do!"
And if it happened to be a woman asking, they'd be offended that I'd called them a "guy." Oh boy. :roll:
One old mountain man that I met actually tugged on my hair to see if it was fake,
'cause "hay-uhr don't come in that cullah" ~ !! :shock:

Also, people always used to stare at me and would ask if I was from Tahlequah.
I once said, "I don't even know what a Tahlequah is!!" That got a big laugh. ;)
(For those of you not familiar with that area, Tahlequah is an Indian reservation in neighboring Oklahoma.)

I finally moved back to Cali, where pretty much every other person looks like me (!), but I brought some Arkie home with me, too!
Even though it's been well over 20 years since I've lived there, I still say "y'all" and "fixin'" and "reckon" and "yonder," etc.
Some of the more colorful sayings have stuck with me, too - they can be very useful sometimes!
(Why, they're handier'n a pocket on a shirt!!)

I hope the outlet mall shopping went well ~ needing something that fits because everything is too big is a way cool NSV...congrats, girlie! 8)
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » September 15th, 2007, 2:12 pm

People almost never guess I'm from Texas unless I'm drunk-it brings it out. I took enough acting classes where they try to erase your accent and spent enough time in yankee-land (CT), that I have a hard to place accent.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby BabyTrace » September 16th, 2007, 3:07 pm

queenielou wrote:Hope you find some great clothes at the outlets!

Thanks Queenie! I did find some great charcoal gray pants at Ann Taylor. I've been reading that gray is "the new black" this season. ;) They fit great, but I only bought one pair because I'm hoping to be shrinking out of them soon. Plus I know there is both an Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft outlet in Nashville.

I found a couple of cute shirts at Banana Republic too. All and all it was a pretty good trip, finding just enough to tide me over.

I kind of need to make a confession though. I have 4 new pairs of jeans coming on Wednesday. I know...4 pairs...that's a bit excessive. I guess I just had a hard time making up my mind online and I wanted to have several pairs to try on. Because I'm petite I end up having to buy a lot of clothes online since most retailers don't carry a huge selection of petite or shorter length jeans. I fully expect to send a couple of them back. :roll:

BabyTrace

Postby BabyTrace » September 16th, 2007, 3:10 pm

Hopebaby wrote:Yay Tracy!!! You will be in the 30 pound club before you know it!!!

I know what ya mean about the accent drawing attention. I was born in MO and lived here in my youth and a lot of myadult life. I have also lived in TX for nearly 10 years and when I lived in CA and in MA they thought I was either a "suthern gal" or a "cowgurl". LOL

Linda

That's funny Linda. I travel a lot with my job, but I'd have to say I get the biggest reactions in the North East. A lot of times I notice that when I'm leading a meeting they are watching me talk more than they are really listening to what I say. Maybe it's because I talk so slow in comparison that they are having a hard time paying attention! :mrgreen:

BabyTrace

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal