Anyone taking pills?

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Anyone taking pills?

Postby MISSANNE » July 19th, 2006, 10:15 pm

I ordered some weight loss pills last week called "lipozene".

Anyone heard of them?

My thinking is that I do MF and take these pills my weight loss will be ever greater? Or am I backwards?

They are supposed to help with stomach and butt area fat specifically. It says "healthy diet and exercise recommended"

Any thoughts or has anyone done this?
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 20th, 2006, 2:33 am

Never heard of these.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LiLYipper » July 20th, 2006, 5:09 am

I have and did some research on them...seems that they are simply "high fiber" tablets with some other ingredients and said to possibly help to reduce hunger but weight loss because of them is "improbable".

It took me a long time and several bottles of different "miracle" pills to realize that there is no improving a healthy diet and exercise plan. I guess there is a few drugs (rda approved and possibly ephedra cousins) that can assist in a mild case of expedited weightloss, but the pills containing stimulents have harmful side effects, e.g. raised blood pressure & heart palpitations (sp?).

Personally, my advice would be to send them back for a refund as soon as they arrive, but if you do decide to try them and they do have some miracle properties....LET ME KNOW CUZ I WANT SOME!!! :roflmao:

Seriously though...do a search on google or yahoo..."Lipozene reviews" and "Lipozene Studies"...then find the sites that are not sponsored by Lipozene. Doing those searches have set me straight on diet pills.

Best of luck :)
LiLYipper
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Prancer » July 20th, 2006, 5:33 am

I have heard of them from the commercials on tv. I talked to my dr about them and she said try them if I wanted but who knows what the long term effects could be. I think she was saying they havent been around long enough to really know if they are safe.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ascicles » July 20th, 2006, 10:27 am

I may be wrong, but I think I've heard that you shouldn't take diet pills while on Medifast.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend diet pills, regardless.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Pills

Postby Misty » July 20th, 2006, 4:20 pm

Well I hate pills too.....But I am taking the lowest dose phentermine that is a sustained release. I have been working with my Dr since my start date of june 12 and have lost 22lbs thus far. The Drug is not a long term thing they stop working as well after a few months. But for now it is working and I will take it. I monitor my heart rate and pulse and are doing fine. My doctor was pleased with my progress and with the plans nutriition. She was concerned it may be low in omega 3 and encouraged me to take supplement. So long story short Do what works for you but those over the counter drugs that are currently available may leave your wallet skinnier more than make you skinnier :)

Misty
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Restart 6/12/06
Misty
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby LovenElvis » July 20th, 2006, 9:28 pm

I'm not taking anything...been there and done that. I have lost all faith in those things and found the only thing to truly lose weight is eating right and exericese :)

I'm not saying that all pills don't work, those that do, lose their ability to work in a short period of time. So that was a couple of pounds gone then what? :x

Even though Medifast is easy, it still takes time and effort and not to mention determination to succeed just like everything else we do in our lives :) It is just how much you want it.

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » July 21st, 2006, 5:08 am

I guess I've been lucky. With Medifast, I have no hunger and haven't since the 3rd day on program. Pills would be redundant for me.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Return to What's Shakin'