Alpha Femme

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Serendipity » July 16th, 2006, 11:11 am

Alex, Go to the weight room and read the post about plateaus. I've had a gazillion plateaus.....many over 10 days and I've still managed to lose 106 pounds in 9 months. You can too, if you don't let head games get in the way.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 16th, 2006, 12:24 pm

well, it's been 14 days since i lost anything. the last time was 2lbs on 7/2. and that was all i lost for that week. i will stay the course for the next week or so, but after that, if nothing changes, i'll drop out. that will have me at 4 weeks with a total of 2lbs lost. hardly worth it.

btw, i did go in and read the post on plateaus. i do get that it will happen, but it's been 2 weeks. i also know the effects of the ssri will last a while. so maybe things will get moving soon.

so, wish me luck.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » July 16th, 2006, 2:09 pm

It also sounds like you did some pretty strenuous hiking. This is not enough calories for that kind of workout. (And Ark, I haven't lost 8 pounds in a month since my first month - and then only because of the water loss the first week!!!! Geez.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » July 16th, 2006, 7:15 pm

went for a mild 1.25 mile walk at the track tonight. my calves were aching from yesterday's adventure, and they needed to be worked a little. i forgot how much i like working out....

today's meal plan, since some of you have expressed interest was as follows:

8:30- shake
11- shake
1:30- tuna & cauliflower
4- pudding
7- shake

i will have another shake around 9, 930. i have had around 100oz of water and will probably end the day with 130, 140. this is a fairly typical day. some days i will replace a shake with another pudding, oatmeal, chili, etc. i have a bar about 3x a week. i also will do the sf jello if i get desperate for a change, but that i rare. the occasional bag of soy crisps is an option-- but not on a bar day.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » July 16th, 2006, 8:11 pm

Alex, I would REALLY try adding an extra shake a day. I was stuck at the same weight forever before I did it. Now that I'm lifting weights - and stuck again, I'm adding yet another one to see if it helps.

The extra carbs seem to affect me less than the lack of calories. It could be the same for you.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby alpha femme » July 16th, 2006, 8:28 pm

i'll try it. :D i'll try anything at this point.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Karli » July 16th, 2006, 8:36 pm

Yeah, I was going to suggest that perhaps it was too much exercise for how few of calories (making your body store the fat instead of burning it) and that maybe you would want to cut down on that a little. But, maybe just adding another supplement would be better.

Best wishes,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby KimKim » July 16th, 2006, 8:48 pm

csula2004 wrote:i also started using mymedifast. to my amazement, when i plugged in my info an the meals i take in... it gave me a projected daily weightloss average that is .001 away from my actual average over the last 7 weeks. how cool is that?

Alex,

I'm proud of you. Thanks for sharing your journal and there are so many times when I've shook my head. The challenges, dealing with things emotionally, NOT resorting to food during troubling times, etc. It's wonderful and I can't wait for you to get to your goal ;-) Heck, I can't wait for ME to get to my goal!

Now, how did you get projected daily weightloss on mymedifast? where is that or were you just looking at the graph and you calculated that yourself? I would love to see a projected weight loss schedule . . .

Kim
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 17th, 2006, 11:22 am

well, i have been pretty hungry the last couple of days. so, with that, the lack of weight loss, and my general nervous energy, i began to wonder if i had slipped out of ketosis. being neurotic like that, i grabbed the ketostix and headed to my office for a little research.

i'm in moderate ketosis.

so, diet wise, everything is (in theory) fine. i also figured that if i am in ketosis, eventually the poundage HAS to come off, because (by definition) my body is using the fat stores.

wither that, or there is some conspiracy between the makers of ketostix and my fat ass. :roll: together, they could take over the world. or at least wreak havock hrough excessive shade leading to poor crops and vitamin deficiancies brought on by lack of sunlight through garguantuan muffin-hang.

but, i digress.

the point i was making was that i AM in ketosis.
so, blubber, get thee out!

:deadhorse:

fly, little porky! fly, fly...
:pigsfly:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » July 17th, 2006, 11:30 am

The last time I was on Atkins, right before Medifast, I was in ketosis the whole time and not losing weight. Basically, after tracking my intake and exercise on Fitday, I realized I wasn't taking in enough calories.

Medifast is supposed to put you in a MILD state of ketosis, not moderate. My guess remains the same: You're not eating enough for the amount of exercise you get. (Plus if you're in moderate ketosis and still hungry, it seems pretty clear you're not eating enough.)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby alpha femme » July 17th, 2006, 2:29 pm

well, since the bars are not throwing me out of ketosis, i decided to go ahead and reintegrate them-- the added calories are probably a good idea. for now, i will also stick to the 5/1. this has me at around 850 a day-- sometimes 900. that's pretty good, i think. also, with the tuna, i'm getting enough protein to support my activity.

i also realized this afternoon that my calves and thighs have become more muscular. (i lost a lot of muscle in the 3 weeks pre-mf and more after since i couldn't go to the gym). since my weight has not gone up, this is probably a good sign. it makes sense that my legs would develop-- i weigh almost 300lbs! so, i will just keep floating along and see what happens.

maybe i'll go for another mosey tonight and keep it at an easy pace/grade. i'm hoping that, with consistancy, my ass will decide that i have enough calories and step up. either that, or i investigate home-liposuction. :roll:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » July 18th, 2006, 10:38 am

aaaaaaah!!!

stupid, stupid scale.

no change. :(

maybe i should take it apart and make some adjustments. :D
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Sarya » July 18th, 2006, 11:10 am

Alex, You sound like you are exercising too much for the amount of calories you are taking in. Your body is probably fighting you. I would a: get a new scale (that's what I did!) and b: add another supplement.

When I exercise in a week I lose less than if I don't. So I generally don't.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 18th, 2006, 11:23 am

i did get a new scale a few weeks ago. the one i was using kept jumping around; the new one is extremely consistant. maybe i should write some numbers that make me happy on a piece of tape and put it over the lcd?

hmm...

i am going to try to have a shake every two hours + 1 lng. this will put me at a 6/1. it's funny, because i consider myself very sedentary. :roll: apparently, i'm not. i guess i just feel like a blob considering how active i used to be.

i don't think i'll give up the plan yet, but something has to give. with a 6+1, i'll be just under 900 calories a day. that's still ar less than it takes to maintain my weight (despite the current situation) but 300 more than i was getting 2 weeks ago. maybe thunder thighs will get that i am hardly starving. oddly enough, everyone keeps telling me how much thinner my face looks. i feel like, "great. but you could still balance a tv tray on my ass..."

ah, well. it is what it is.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Sarya » July 18th, 2006, 11:58 am

Good luck! Have you done any metrics to try to determine how many calories your exercise generally burns? What about your normal day to day activities?

I pretty much spend all day at a computer. I work a desk job, and I go home and play wow. I do walk around a decent amount during the day, but I am generally sedentary. If I exercise I just do pilates. It makes me sweat like whoa, but it's definitely less intense than other choices :)
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal