Alpha Femme

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Mike » July 8th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Okay, first.. in response to the hunger and water thing, you are right on. My Dr. even explained to me that sometimes when there isn't anything in the stomack, or if we get hot and sweaty, our bodies interpret lack of water as hunger. When we drink water, the body accepts that and you aren't hungy (or as hungry). :bananadance:
Also, and this simply comes from the fact that I am a science teacher... thus, a science geek, if you drink cold water, your body uses energy to warm it up in the stomach. Thus, in a way, you burn calories by drinking cold water... lol. :mrgreen:
As for the pudding thing... I'm with you on the banana. :coolnana:
Keep up the good work. :D
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 9th, 2006, 4:10 pm

ok, i am officially bummed and disappointed. i've only lost 2lbs in 2 weeks. this sucks. it seemed like everything was moving right along-- i had attributed the slow down last week to being on my period. but the scale hasn't budged in 7 days, and i have a daily caloric deficit (because of my weight) that absolutely should have me losing 1/2 lb a day.

i'm not sure what i'm gonna do.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » July 9th, 2006, 4:33 pm

Alex, I'm sorry you're down. We DO all lose at different rates, but your slowdown could also be temporary. Remind me how long you've been on the program? A lot of people hit a plateau or slowdown after a few weeks. Maybe also post what you've been eating and when, and what exercise you do, if any?

If nothing else can explain it, you might try having an extra meal a day. When I increased my calories by adding another Medifast meal, I started losing consistently. I'm still a slow loser, but I've lost every single week since I increased my calories (over a month ago).

Be sure you're measuring, too. Sometimes people lose inches even when they're not losing pounds.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » July 9th, 2006, 7:25 pm

i'm doing the complete plan, so i walk a couple of times a week, but not too much-- i don't think i can with the calories i take in.

i guess i can go back to my original plan of getting taller.

:roll:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Karli » July 9th, 2006, 7:28 pm

csula2004 wrote:i guess i can go back to my original plan of getting taller.

:roll:

:roflmao: ... actually, I have decided that the only thing being tall is useful for is getting something off the top shelf. Other than that, there is a high price to pay (no pun intended... hee hee) and it's quite over-rated.

Well, okay, secretly I like it these days.
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » July 9th, 2006, 7:34 pm

There used to be a T-shirt I loved: I'm not fat, I'm just short for my weight.

If you're on the complete plan, maybe you SHOULD try adding another Medifast meal. You may just need more calories. I know it's scary to add calories; I was afraid I'd stop losing completely, or even gain. But maybe try it for a few days and just see what happens.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Arklahoma » July 10th, 2006, 7:11 am

Alex,

I do the complete plan and have had one plateau during the 4 months I've been on. I started looking at the amt of carbs I was taking in and, while I was within range, I decided to cut back on the number (took out the bar and snack). I started losing immediately. After about two weeks I started slowly integrating them back in and still continued to lose weight. Can't really explain it, sometimes you just need to shake things up a bit, I guess.

How long have you been on they 6/0 and what does your day of calories look like?
Arklahoma

Postby alpha femme » July 10th, 2006, 11:48 am

it's funny that you suggested that, because i went back to all shakes yesterday. this is my second plateau. if it had been a few months, i would expect it, but it hasn't been 2 months yet.

so, i am going to do what you suggested and eliminate the higher carb items and stick with shakes for a few days and see if it helps. otherwise... yikes! at least when i lost a person on my own i could afford to buy pants.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 10th, 2006, 11:51 am

Hope that works for you. Keep us posted.
Arklahoma

Postby alpha femme » July 10th, 2006, 7:54 pm

so, after a day of shakes, i decided to try doing a lng for a couple of days to see if that would get the scale going again. in the words of homer simpson, "sweet merciful crap!!!"

somehow, i'd forgotten why i stopped doing periodic lng to begin with.

oh, the agony.

:whattha:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » July 11th, 2006, 10:33 am

so, after much thought, i have decided to go off my ssri. they slow metabolism, and while some people can lose weight on them, it is becoming apparent that i cannot. i'm fairly nervous about doing this. i'm not sure if it's the right thing, but i suppose if it gets bad i can go back on and figure something else out.

i wonder how long it will take for it to metabolize out and allow me to return to my normal weight loss pattern. the frustration was probably almost as damaging as the depression. so, i guess we'll see.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby ChiNut » July 11th, 2006, 1:32 pm

Have you checked with your doctor about stopping the ssri? I know you are not supposed to just stop taking them as it can cause problems. I think you have to wean off of them. I take Lexapro for GAD. Just be very careful. :hug:
ChiNut
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » July 11th, 2006, 2:12 pm

I used to be on them, too. You need to wean off them, and please do talk to your doc first.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby alpha femme » July 11th, 2006, 3:26 pm

yeah, most you do. prozac has a half life of over 9 days, though so it will be in my system for the next 40+. most people have no issues stopping it. if they do, then they usually do a 1/2 does every other day.

i've stopped cold before with no problems. normally, i would consult my doc, but i see one on campus. it would probably be easier to get pope benedict to marry me to queen latifah than it would be to see him in the next couple of weeks.

i also decided to keep doing the lng for a few days since i've already begun paying for it.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 12th, 2006, 6:28 am

Alex,

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but IMHO you're shaking things up WAY too much. You only did the shakes for one day. Now you're doing L/G's, and now you're stopping your SSRI's. Girl ... Put the brakes on!!! Create some stability and stick with it b4 you switch to something else. Especially stopping your SSRI's. This can be serious! Even though you've done it b4, this time it could be problematic.

Okay, I'll step down from my soapbox now. Just the nurse in me talking!

Arklahoma

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal