Alpha Femme

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby SharonR » July 13th, 2006, 7:25 am

Hmm I hope your doing ok, since it seems everyone has been in your ear about what to do and how to do it. I'm not here to tell you what to do. I'm here to see how you are doing and if you got over your little hump.

Thinking of you, I know it's frustrating at times...BELIEVE ME!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Diana » July 13th, 2006, 8:04 am

Hey, Alex!! Thirty pounds in 2 months! You're right on track, girl!

One CSU grad to another: Let's conduct an experiment. You decide which program we'll do in the next month (4 weeks -- order to order). I'll get the OK from my Dr, and we'll do it. (With the fair coming up, I'm poised and ready to do the complete plan -- you game? Or shall we go with the 5&1?) We can compare notes along the way and at the end. Then, if you want to, for the next month (with our Drs' approvals), we can try the other one. At the end of it, we'll have some data that'll indicate which one works better for us individually.

PLEASE talk with your dr before messing with you SSRIs. It took me several months to get off them completely and correctly (heart issues got involved, not to mention the pain they were masking and migraines they were preventing...the reason they were prescribed in the first place). Then it took a year to redevelop a management plan without them.

Again, patience, dear Alex, patience. You really are right on track, just about where I was at 2 months. Adds new perspective to eating the elephant one bite at a time or that blasted 1000 step journey. (And I hope you take me up on the experiment. We're both going to be on here long enough, we've got time for some "amusement" along the way.)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 13th, 2006, 9:43 am

Alex ~ How are you doing???
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » July 13th, 2006, 2:43 pm

i'm good. i only did the lng for 3 days to try to stimulate weight loss. i'm still standing still. i really prefer the 6 in 1, but i was looking at the carb count, and it's difficult to remain under 85 without drinking just shakes. stupid plateau. :x anyway, i guess tuna is thrilling when you don't eat much else. and the lng is a good way to add calories with minimal carbs, but i prefer the complete fast.

as far as the ssri, if it was anything besides prozac, or if i had been on it for a long time, i would not have discontinued so abruptly. but prozac really does have the longest half life out there. and my doc can't see me for 2+ weeks. damn public schools. :roll: if i get withdrawal symptoms, i'll do the half evey other day thing. but really, it will still be in me for the next 42 days or so. don't worry. if it was welbutrin or the like, i would never stop it cold. cause nobody likes seizures!

anyone believe in karma?
anyone believe i'm starting to kind of like the chili? :chef:
it's oddly appealing these days. and that crap is just disgusting, so it must be me. :dunno:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Elke » July 13th, 2006, 3:35 pm

LOL Alex, if I doctor it up just right I knda like it too. I am still afraid to try the minstronie, just scary looking if you ask me :puke:
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » July 13th, 2006, 4:06 pm

I like the chili, now that I know how to doctor it up to my liking.

Is there any way you can at least call the doc or nurse? I took Prozac several years ago, and I was told to wean myself off it. The Prozac site says not to stop cold turkey, either.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Arklahoma » July 14th, 2006, 5:35 am

Just thinking about you and hoping you're doing well.
Arklahoma

girl vs nature

Postby alpha femme » July 15th, 2006, 12:18 pm

my dog writes her own blog. sometimes it's easier to let her post here as well.... today is one of those days, since i am still sweating even after resting and taking a shower.

my person decided that she would hike the nature trail since she was up relatively early today. she grabbed a quick mf drink, got some water in her, slapped on the walkman, and headed out. it was already 81 degrees when she got out of her car, but she had a spring in her step, a bottle of water, and ambition.

hike on!

so, it turns out, it's not so much a naure trail as a road to hell. seriously, she saw the devil standing at the side of the road panting at one point. up, down, up, down. if you rolled a tennis ball down the trail, it would never stop, because there is no flat land anywhere. steep? hmmm. maybe.

there weren't many people out. apparently, other actually showed up when common sense was distributed. but we all know common sense isn't so damn common, so as others gasped for breath and turned around, my person hiked on. the trail is only 2 miles. they are the 2 most hellish, unsheltered, water-free, miles ever. at approximately the 1.5 mile mark, the path dsappears. the bridge across the ravine is out. my person has about an ounce or two of water left. crap.

ass kicking score: trail 1, my person 0.

she stood there for a while, weighing her options. she could turn back, but that would mean another 1 and a half miles of torture without water. it was freaking hot. it was freaking steep... she looked down the ravine and saw rocks and such staggered down. it was only about 12 feet deep. across the opening, there was a slight incline and some fence post. could she make it down without breaking something important? could she get UP the other side?

my person took a deep breath, sat at the edge of the ravine, and climbed down into it. now, this is not the smartest thing she's ever done. visions of getting stuck down there and having to wait until some other crazy hiker stumbled upon the washed out area floated in her head. no one wants to wind up on the tv with the headline "breaking news" under their name. but she did not want to bow down to physical limitations any more. she made her way to the other side and began to work her way up by gripping the rock out croppings. when she pulled herself over the edge, she finished her water, laughed, and thanked god that her overall ability had imprved so much over the last year or so.

ass kicking score: trail 1, my person, 1.

ironically enough, after the ravine is where the trail got really serious. the next half a mile was pretty much straight up. her legs burned, her chest heaved, she was sweating buckets. but she did not sit. she did not stop. she plowed on like she was blazing a trail into the future. near the crest, she snapped a pic of where she had been.

ass kicking score: trail 1, my person 2.

the next few minutes were as grueling as anything she has done in the last 10 years. finally, she hit the brief stretch of paved road that let her know that she was close to the end. she looked left and right-- unsure of which way was out. then she smiled. if she went the wrong way, she could turn around and go back. the paved road, uphill as it was, had nothing on what she had just conquered.

ass kicking score: trail 1, my person 3.

game. set. match.

we'll both see you next weekend, nature trail. bring your best game, cause it's gonna be brutal the way we work your hills and laugh.

:lightsword:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » July 15th, 2006, 2:28 pm

Cleopuptra, I have read through your other blog and really enjoyed it. Your master is so lucky to have a puppy as talented as you. I especially liked the pics of you on the sofa......ahhhhhhh the life of a queen puppy.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 16th, 2006, 6:44 am

Enjoyed reading about you and your master's adventure. Sounds fun but just wanted to tell you that one of the worst plateau's I ever experienced was after a grueling hike that totally kicked my a** ~ I gained a couple of pounds and didn't lose anything for almost two weeks. Was a total shock to the system and my body didn't know what to do. You might want to share my story with your master.
Arklahoma

Postby Rachel » July 16th, 2006, 6:56 am

Yeah I agree with you! This is for you and YOUR health and YOUR life and your CONFIDENCE! I know exactly how you feel. My parents are the ones that introduced me to this program and then they just gained almost all their weight back and they eat A LOT. I was very sad when I spent a week with them this summer. I wish I could have a family or close friend with me on the program but it doesn't matter. IT is healthy and you've made a smart choice. Don't give up!!
:D
Height: 5'8"
Dress Size: 12
Rachel
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 16th, 2006, 9:15 am

well, since i haven't lost anything in the last couple of weeks, i figured the hike wuldn't matter much. i did continue doing the lng for now-- it wouldn't be enough calories to be as active as i have been this week without it.

still...

if the plateau does not break soon, i will discontinue mf. it's just too expensive to use without results. in all honesty, i dropped 100lbs and kept it off before this program, so i'm sure it would not be a disaster. i just really liked the simplicity of mf-- as well as the results reported by others.

i was okay with the results of my first 7 weeks. why it came to a halt, i do not know. but, it's been a really long time since i've lost any weight.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 16th, 2006, 10:12 am

I totally understand your displeasure. Not every diet is for everyone but MF has been amazing for me and I hope it can be amazing for you. Maybe we can go back to square one and just start over. I can't remember if you posted your schedule so I'll go back and read but I'm hopeful that we can make this work.
Arklahoma

Postby Arklahoma » July 16th, 2006, 10:58 am

Okay, I've done some digging. As long as you're posting honestly in your journal and I've not been an idiot and missed something, here's what I've come up with:

You've been on the plan roughly 8 weeks and lost 30 lbs. This is 3.75 lbs per week which is wonderful. During your first 4 weeks you lost 17.5 lbs, which is 4.37 lbs per week. During your second 8 weeks you lost 12.5 lbs, which is 3.12 lbs per week. The most important piece of information that I found was that you reported your 30 lb loss on July 5th. That's only eleven days ago and IMHO this is not a huge plateau.

Here is how my weight loss has levelled out:

1st Month ~ 22 lbs
2nd Month ~ 8.4 lbs
3rd Month ~ 13.6 lbs
4th Month ~ 8.8 lbs.

BTW, I am on the complete plan and eat no real food, so this is just how my body is reacting. This is an avg weight loss of 3.3 lbs per week and I'm very happy with the results. I've never been able to lose this much weight so effortlessly before so I'm plugging forward. The last few weeks have been stressful for me and I have not been completely compliant but I had zero cheats during my first four months.

The bottom line is this ... Alex, you're doing GREAT!!! Try not to get discouraged. It is what it is and you ARE losing weight. My doc told me that if I didn't lose at least 8 - 20 lbs in one month then there was a problem to contend with. Other than that, we're totally on plan.

If MF is too much of a strain on your finances then that is another issue altogether but IMHO, you're totally right on track and where you should be with your weight loss!!!

Arklahoma

Postby SharonR » July 16th, 2006, 11:04 am

Arklahoma wrote:Image

hehe, that's great, love it.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal