Alpha Femme

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby alpha femme » July 24th, 2006, 6:49 pm

so, after realizing that i will probably be eating the same shakes for the next 6 months, i broke down and bought a magic bullet. i ordered davinci syrups. i realized i have NO idea what i'm doing.

so, i guess i will cruise the forum looking for suggestions and water/ice proportions.

crap, my arms are turning into wings. if i raise my hand too quickly, the big ol' chicken flap o' skin could really hurt someone.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » July 24th, 2006, 7:26 pm

I know the feeling. I'm hoping all the workouts will help, because it's not pretty. I wave goodbye, and my arms keep waving even though the person's long gone.

I do 8 ounces of water and a squirt or two of DaVinci (I use the pump dispensers), mix it all together for a few seconds in the Bullet, then add enough crushed ice to almost fill the cup the rest of the way, and mix it till the ice is gone.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » July 25th, 2006, 11:14 am

down another 1/2 lb of lard this morning.

normally, i wouldn't be excited about 1/2, but since the plateau was such a morale breaker, i'm ecstatic.

i would also like to say that i love the shakes + magic bullet combo.
and, no matter what you read, i'm not into leather, bondage or pain.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby SharonR » July 25th, 2006, 1:48 pm

alpha femme wrote:down another 1/2 lb of lard this morning.

normally, i wouldn't be excited about 1/2, but since the plateau was such a morale breaker, i'm ecstatic.

i would also like to say that i love the shakes + magic bullet combo.
and, no matter what you read, i'm not into leather, bondage or pain.

Whatever are you talking about? ;) hehe
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Diana » July 25th, 2006, 8:35 pm

Alex!!!! New screen name, new avatar, and a darn-right darling one at that!! Holy smokes, girl!! I wonder off for a bit and look what happens!!! I like it!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 25th, 2006, 9:40 pm

hey, guys. thanks for all the kind input regarding my new avatar. puppy's pic wasn't so great at that size, but she wants me to remind everyne that she is a very, ery good looking puppy. she might be a wee bit vain, too.

so, i did my little hike. and it's funny, because i always have a hard time stopping. i know i can't push incredibly hard because it will work against me, but once i start it's hard to tell myself that there is a point when it is enough.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 26th, 2006, 2:13 am

Love the pic on you're avatar!!!
Arklahoma

Postby SharonR » July 26th, 2006, 7:03 am

Dito! you are a cutie!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » July 26th, 2006, 10:06 pm

since i gripe and moan about plateaus (you guys wuld too after the first 2 weeks!) i figure i should consistantly post losses, too. tonight's weight: 265.

i was actually cruising the old navy sale rack looking for jeans when i realized that i keep tugging up the ones i bought 3 weeks ago. perhaps i should wait and see how the loss goes first.

i had to order again. this time, it was pretty much all shakes. i'm just not much into the other stuff, so what i do have will last quite a while. i started out with the 70 shakes. then, last order, i went down to the 55. i figured that i wasn't lifting anymore so i didn't need the extra protein. now i think i was wrong. sometimes my activity level is insane.

sometimes my activity level is just below that of a beached whale.

we'll see if the change in shake keeps my losses more consistant.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » July 29th, 2006, 8:15 am

the scale has not been kind.

it went back up to 265.5. at first i was pissed, but then i was sitting... ah, somewhere... and i looked at my thighs. you can see the muscle around my knees. and i can feel the bones on the front of my calves and the lower par of my thighs.

just to reiterate. you can see the muscle with 266 pounds of lard on me. i tend to think that means i've built up quite a bit of it. so, for today, i will just relax and figure that everything needs to readjust again since my body make-up is changing from jello to jerky.

yeah, i'm a fatty; you can tell by the food analogies.

today,i have decided to be a sane person.... okay, let me rephrase that.
today, i have decided to ACT like a sane person and do my hike before it gets too hot. of course, that will probably mean that, when i get filled with the need to move later, i will do another one. i just can't win against myself. it's like i always know what i'm going to do next.

hey, wait a minute...

ah, well.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby smartipantz » July 29th, 2006, 9:27 am

Alpha,

I'm proud of you! Losing weight isn't easy, and it takes time.... it takes willpower, dedication, compliance, and you are doing great! Keep up the good work.

I love reading your posts!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 29th, 2006, 8:19 pm

i have finally thrown in the towel on my size 24 jeans. i can no longer pretend that they'll be okay if i put them in the dryer on hot and wear a belt. so, while i was at wal-mart, i picked up another pair of jeans, figuring that 3-4 pairs would be enough as i (hopefully) keep losing.

when i got home, i held them up and thought, "holy crap, these things are tiny. they'll never fit. what was i thinking?" i know that to those of you who are under 200lbs, a size 22 IS huge. because, well, it IS.

but i used to not be able to wear my 32's, and let me tell ya-- those were some BIG, BIG pants. when i look at these, they don not look like something i should be able to get over 1 thigh. but, in a fit of masochism, i pulled them on.... and they fit.

after i pulled them off, i kept holding them up and looking at them. my plateau break hasn't gone as well as i had hoped; i've slowed again. my personal life has (amazingly) gotten even worse (because women are crazy; even me; don't let anyone tell you different).

but i can wear jeans smaller that i have fit into in at least 10 years. and i cannot, for the life of me, fathom how my ass fits into those pants. my brain can't handle it.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » July 30th, 2006, 9:44 am

ha. i totally understand the size thing; it's the same no matter WHAT size you are.

btw, no word from my friend. either she's away, or we're not speaking and i didn't know it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby alpha femme » July 31st, 2006, 2:14 am

i hopped on the scale a few minutes ago. it was 262.5. so, being obsessive, i hopped on and off a few more times; same result. i'm sure i will wake up tomorrow and it will be several pounds more, so i just wanted to write it here.... otherwise it will be a hallucination cause by an lousy date come morning.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 31st, 2006, 6:58 am

I bet the numbers are real ~ can't wait to find out tomorrow.
Arklahoma

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal