2nd post-op appt with surgeon today

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

2nd post-op appt with surgeon today

Postby LilMsTexas » July 14th, 2005, 6:22 pm

Wewwwwwww I'm exhausted from the day! But today was the most wonderful day :D Today the DRAINS CAME OUT :shock: and let me just tell you that is a bitter sweet experience. She pulled both drains out at the same time....that itself is a good idea. However, if one is STUCK (which of course one was) it becomes a bit of a tug-of-war between the doc and my body!! :shock: WOW there was alot of drain tube shoved up in me. Darren was amazed and it takes alot to amaze him lol. I was laying on the table saying "oh my oh my oh my oh my oh my oh my oh my oh my" the entire time she was attempting to get them out. Yes it hurt, but it wasn't anything major, and when it was over it was over.

Everything looks AWESOME!!! I am VERY hard and swollen and more than a little uncomfortable because of the tightness........but I am NOT complaining!! I am toooooooooooooo excited about the results to care at ALL about a little discomfort!! Darren and I can tell when the swelling is gone it will be down right amazing!! It's already incredible to see NOTHING hanging down at all 8)

I farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr over did it today in D.C. though. My MIL wanted to see Ford's theatre and we did that tour and then went across the street and up to the death house of Lincoln and walked several blocks by the time it was all said and done. She didn't want to cook dinner tonight so we went out for that too. THEN I got to FINALLY take my first shower since surgery! Dear friends let me tell you that I cried standing in the shower......not because anything hurt.........but because I could bathe my body without having to hold anything up to wash. I actually reached down like I was going to hold my stomach up and realized there was nothing there to hold up ;) When I went to dry off I did the same thing. WOW......what a difference a week makes friends.

So..........no infection.......diabetes still in control........hard as a rock with swelling and a little uncomfortable, but no worse for the wear I'd say. Next week when I've laid around for a couple of days and the swelling is down some more I'll have Darren take more pictures. Just know for now that EVERYTHING has gone completely as hoped for and I thank you ALL again for your prayers and well wishes. Starting this weekend I have the absolute joy of doing my thank you cards and I'm really happy to do them. I bought a new stampin' up kit to do my thank you notes with and I can't wait for you to see them :D And thanks to all of you I am going to have TONS of practice with my new little turtle stamp ;)

Have a most excellent weekend everybody!!
Love and hugs,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » July 14th, 2005, 6:24 pm

Oh dear Christi, I am so happy for you!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Sablebaby » July 14th, 2005, 6:53 pm

Wow, Christi, how exciting this is for you!

I can just imagine the amazement you are going through with no belly. I think tummy tucks are so cool. In a matter of a few hours your tummy can be flat as a pancake. :flip: :shock:

I can't wait for more photos of your tummy! Take care of yourself.
:hug:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby martha » July 14th, 2005, 8:11 pm

CHRISTI--

Wow what an exciting day for you today.. Darren must be getting those little quirky smiles now everytime he looks at you.. :mrgreen: Can't wait to see the pictures.. Now don't overdo and pull anything out of wack because you want it to all be working right after the swelling goes down and that little( :D )FLAT tummy is healed.. I can barely wait till I can get sooo excited about not having to lift anything to take a shower..YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!! :mrgreen: Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby fatBgone » July 14th, 2005, 9:12 pm

Christi,
I'm happy to hear that everything is going well....or actually it sounds like FANTABULOUS!!!

I love your shower & drying off story.....what a happy moment!! You've got to feel great!

Thanks for having Darren take those pictures & having the courage to share them with all of us. It's truly amazing the transformatoin that has taken place and I feel honored to have been able to watch it up close right while it was happening!!

You look great - by the way....and I'm sure it's going to only get better once the swelling goes down. I'm thrilled for your success story! Oh - and if you're thinking of becoming a health advisor - I KNOW you'll be awesome at that! You're like our very own cheerleader anyway - might as well benefit from it! You've always got the right things to say & you'll always be one that we can look up to for reaching your goal!

Take care of yourself & don't overdo anything while you're in the healing process! And I'll be watching for those new pictures as soon as you get Darren to take them!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ljm498 » July 15th, 2005, 3:11 am

Christi, I'm so glad to hear everything is moving along so quickly for you and you are doing so well! I can't even imagine the "high" (for lack of a better term) you must be feeling right now realizing that it's really GONE and never coming back. I'm so happy for you it isn't even funny.

Can't wait to see those new pictures!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby fedup » July 15th, 2005, 9:47 am

I'm sooooo happy for you! :lol: I too liked your drying off story... it's those every day things that make it real huh? Bet the towel went way farther around too huh?? (That's my thing, I can always tell when I gain 'cause I can't wrap the towel all the way around, and when smaller I'd be so happy it would actually cover everything, or at least most things! ;) )
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby LeeannNH » July 15th, 2005, 10:15 am

hi christi

i know we havent talked much since i have joined the mf forum but you are so inspiring. i have followed your story since i joined up here and i know this surgery has been a godsend for you. i looked at your before and afters last night and all i can say is WOW. you look amazing!

you must feel fantastic! so the drain things...do they help prevent infection/fluid retention? i have a "hangy-down" stomach starting to happen and am curious about the pain, etc. i have started working on doing sit-ups, etc to try to tighten muscles but fear the skin may be too stretched out for natural repair!

you and i are basically the same age, i will be 34 in november and like you, i am YOUNG! i dont want to have the "hangy-down" if i can help it. your story has helped me so much, your enthusiasm, your courage, your candid discussions have really helped shed light on this type of surgery, which i TOTALLY believe is necessary for medical health and for mental health.

anyway, thanks again for sharing your photos, your story and your process with us all!

take care and good luck with your recovery
leeann

:mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby LuzInIt » July 15th, 2005, 12:32 pm

How wonderful that all is going so well. Yeah, the tubes are out!!! Christi, you have a marvelously articulate and interesting way of telling your story, much to the delight of all of us here on the forum. We can actually live this experience with you through your telling of it. I agree that if you choose to become a health advisor, you will do a knock-out job of that as well. You should probably get a Tshirt designed with the MONSTER pictured on one size and your hot little body in a string bikini on the other with "Ask Me How" printed there. You'd have every plumpster who sees you following you around and you'd make a gazillion selling Medifast :lol: .

My time on the forum has been very limited this week; our computers at home are all dead :( which means getting on at work. Our antiquated phone system (unfortunately we use dial-up, no cable or DSL in this area) shuts down my husband's office phone when I go online, and we can't ring up credit card sales or receive faxes. So I slip on here for a few minutes here and there. Lots of evening commitments this week so I can't even stay late and get a good dose of the Forum; I am in major withdrawal and in need of a massive fix! We're closed on Saturday, so I'm hoping to catch up with everyone's goings on tomorrow.

But I couldn't let your great news pass without telling you how happy I am that everything is healing so well and wow!!! not having to lift up when showering sounds like heaven. I cannot wait for your next picture posting!

Thanks everyone for you kind personal comments about me, too. I was a little embarrassed :oops: by the attention, but I'll get over it :D. By the way, my fountain of youth trick was to eat something everytime I got a wrinkle and fill it in! I may be in trouble :shock: .
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Welcome back!

Postby Alisha » July 15th, 2005, 12:43 pm

Christi, I'm just overwhelmed with happiness for you! I didn't get a chance to talk to you a lot before the surgery, but like everyone else, I was sure rooting for you! You're an amazing person and such an inspiration to someone like me who has so much to lose. I know it can be done and even belly monsters can be fixed! I bet you're so slim now - like one of those beautiful tropical fish that turn sideways and all but disappear!

I'm so very proud of everything you've accomplished. You've come so far and I look up to you for your strength and fortitude.

I wish you a speedy recovery and all the very best life has to offer. Thanks so much for sharing your story with us.

Alisha :rose:
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 15th, 2005, 6:59 pm

I cannot say much more than has already been said. I think everyone has such a warmth in their heart for you! Your success and openess about it has encouraged us all a great deal whether you know it or not.

I am so happy for you!!! :D :D
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » July 15th, 2005, 7:59 pm

Little Darlin' ~

It sounds to me as if you must be feeling mighty fine to be traipsing all over DC doin' the tourist thang....sheesh! One week post-op and you are walking blocks and touring theaters - amazing!

I cracked up about your drains...I had a tumor removed from my backside years ago and I know what you mean about the tugging and pulling - it is incredible to watch as yards of plastic tubing comes untwangled and uncoils from one's bod...

We continue to be thankful for your success and rapid healing!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby mytime » July 15th, 2005, 9:11 pm

Christi - I am again impressed with your candor. It is so nice to have someone speak so candidly of something we have all suffered. In many ways your success brings hope. I like everyone else could not be happoer for you and wish you a very speedy recovery. All my best, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Helen » July 18th, 2005, 2:14 pm

God bless you! i am so happy your surgery went well and youre recovering well. and you will look so awesome after the swelling and bruising goes away. as you mentioned you have nothing to lift up so i know you already look great (though you are a beauty anyway pre-op or post-op)
Helen
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.