To post or not to post that is the question

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Should I post photo

Poll ended at December 25th, 2006, 8:09 am

at start
95%
in 4 weeks with update
5%

Total votes : 19

To post or not to post that is the question

Postby Lucy » December 10th, 2006, 8:09 am

Hey All,

I am asking a rather silly question, but wanted to get everyones opinion. As you know I will be ordering and begining MF about the 15th. I plan on posting photos and I have found that those who post updates every 4 weeks are very inspiring. I will do the same. Should I post a before at the start or wait 4 weeks and post both, seems silly to ask, but I don't want a down photo with no see it does work at the side. However, I also think having this like HUGE picture will also keep me on track because the internet never dies and I could not stand to have that out there for the world to see and do nothing to change it! Please don't say do what I want I really want other opinions....I should also mention, I am not shy, I will HATE the pictures but it won't embarrass me to post them, this is who my children see everyday....and that sucks for them, kids deserve pretty mommas ;)

oh anyone who wants to pm me on how to post an avatar, I would be greatful
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LadyT » December 10th, 2006, 9:05 am

Lucy - I would definitely post at the start. Sometimes it's so hard to see your own progress, and having a photographic record of it not only helps you see - it helps inspire others! :D
Oh - for your avatar you need to email a small pic to Unca Tim and he will upload it to your profile. Hope that helps...
Tracey
Start Date: 4/20/06
Back on MF: 11/13/06
236.2/205/135
5"4" - age: 35

Going for a "Winter Onederland"

LadyT
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby JeepGirl » December 10th, 2006, 9:50 am

I voted..At the start..then you can post an update at say 20/30/50 etc hehe
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lucy » December 10th, 2006, 11:20 am

Okay O hear ya loud and clear...I will post, gee it was a 100 percent post. So, the day I start I will be e-mailing Unca Tim. Thanks all.
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 10th, 2006, 12:52 pm

Lucy,
It's up to you, but I voted at start. It's so fun to watch people progress! It's very inspiring!

Also, you see yourself every day, it's hard to notice the changes that we do. If you don't post them at first, MAKE SURE you have them, because you're going to wish you had them when you're nearing goal and say WOW look at this, look how far I've come!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: To post or not to post that is the question

Postby bikipatra » December 10th, 2006, 9:18 pm

Lucy wrote:Hey All,

and that sucks for them, kids deserve pretty mommas ;)

I am not sure I agree. I think kids deserve parents who do the very best with what they have. And now you have Medifast and all the support of this board! Lucky you! Lucky kids!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lucy » December 11th, 2006, 7:42 am

You are right Biki, at the end of the day it is the love and care you give them, that is far better than looks anyday....probably my own self consciousness , I have gotten the "looks" from the younger, thinner moms and even a few suggestions , like you know "you really need to try to do something about your weight, for your kids sake" did I mention I never met the woman before...I was speechless, and I am rarely speechless.
Lucy

Postby bikipatra » December 11th, 2006, 7:50 am

Lucy wrote:You are right Biki, at the end of the day it is the love and care you give them, that is far better than looks anyday....probably my own self consciousness , I have gotten the "looks" from the younger, thinner moms and even a few suggestions , like you know "you really need to try to do something about your weight, for your kids sake" did I mention I never met the woman before...I was speechless, and I am rarely speechless.

I am never surprised anymore by the audacity of strangers. I am very sorry you had to deal with that.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Return to What's Shakin'