My first post

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

My first post

Postby Emma » May 29th, 2005, 4:33 pm

Hi: I thought I'd come on and introduce myself, I've been reading alot of posts the past week and think you are all awesome people. I just started Medifast about 10 days ago (5 & 1 plan) and have lost 10.5lbs. so far. I have about 80 more pounds to go, but this is the first program in ages (you know, the "millionth" diet) that has got me feeling really good. I've always had "food" issues (as in out of control eating) and I love the structure of Medifast. After many google searches, this site is what convinced me to give this a try. Nancy seems wonderful and I love all the support you give eachother.

Anyway, I look forward to posting more in the future and getting to know everyone. And hopefully will figure out how to get a "ticker" (love those!).

Thanks! Emma :D
Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » May 29th, 2005, 4:51 pm

Emma-

Welcome! Congrats on already losing 10.5 pounds. That is terrific. I love Medifast and the structure it provides. I also had a huge problem with out of control eating. I always tell people that not only is Medifast helping me lose weight but I am also learning how to control binge eating. I have had to look at the reasons why I ate out of control. It is so nice to wake up in the morning and think about other things then food. It's amazing how much more I accomplish in a day when I am not consumed with food.

You came to the best place for support and friendships.
Angelia :-P
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 29th, 2005, 6:03 pm

Emma...... :wavie: ...WELCOME........ :yes: .......i'm so happy you are joining us!!!!!!!!.........and CONGRATULATIONS on a great start........ :yeah: .............you will love this diet and the people you meet on this forum.......... :D ............there is such a great support system...... :yippee: .....follow the plan and you will find yourself at goal before you know it.................. :yay: ..........many prayers for continued success on this journey............ :angel:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 70 » May 29th, 2005, 7:51 pm

Welcome Emma...10.5 lbs. in 10 days is fantastic! Keep up the great work. I just started today. I hope to have as good of a start as you!

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby Diet Diva » May 29th, 2005, 8:04 pm

Hello Emma,

Welcome and congrats on the weight loss...keep up the good work, we're so glad you're here with us.

This forum is so much fun and it's a great place to find support.

Have a great evening.

Diet Diva
PS...The fun ticker thing can be found @ tickerfactory.com
Last edited by Diet Diva on May 29th, 2005, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 29th, 2005, 8:15 pm

Hi Emma! :wavie: (I love your name...I wanted to name my middle daughter Emma or Emily but my DH wouldn't let me...thought it was too old fashioned....what a tootie-patootie :x )

Anyway, welcome here....you're doing great so far!! :yay: I have been on the plan since 3/17 and totally agree that I have never been on a diet before where I felt so good - and in control! :whip: I like the tastes of almost everything :bib: and LOVE the fact that I don't have to measure and count points and all that stuff. It's just so easy to stay on track! :drive:

I just finished a wonderful delicious salad and was on the phone with one of my friends and told her how funny it is that I can feel so satisfied from a simple salad that I TRULY enjoyed - whereas a couple months ago I would not have eaten a salad by choice....only as a side dish with a meal at a restaurant.

Since you just weighed today - you should go to the Sunday Roll Call and post your loss. We do that every Sunday - so it's something pretty cool to look forward to each week. Also, starting in June, we're going to start having monthly measurements...(thanks to Christi!!!) :yes:

Ok then - and now about the ticker....just go to tickerfactory dot com and then scroll through the screens until you find one you like. Then you copy/paste the bbc code and go to your Profile here on MakeMeThinner and put it in your "signature". Then on Sundays, it's fun to choose a new one after Roll Call - or whenever you want to show your losses.
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby doglover » May 30th, 2005, 6:27 am

Hey Emma! I too love your name. I know lots of Emmas and love them all dearly!

Welcome to the group - you are going to do great! We're so glad to have you here.
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Emma » May 30th, 2005, 1:40 pm

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! My ticker should be below, I hope it works. Also, thanks for the compliments on my name - but it's only a nickname, my real name is really ethnic (Lithuanian) and most people don't pronounce it right, so I don't use it on forums.

I had a great weekend. I survived 2 bbq's and breakfast at a diner with my kids - just sipped my decaf coffee and didn't crave anything, I couldn't believe it! I also survived family members who "poo pooed" my new diet, basically implying that I will gain it all back. Whatever, I didn't let them get to me and just watched them shovel the junk into their bodies.

Thanks again for the support. Emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma

Postby Nancy » May 30th, 2005, 1:54 pm

Welcome to you, Emma!

Your weekend sounds like another success to add to your list of Medifast Moments:

1.) 10+ Pounds gone in a relatively short period of time.

2.) Able to stick to your weight loss program in the face of temptation.

3.) Entered into social engagements with a plan and stuck to it.

4.) Determination to succeed greater than your temptation.

Hooray for you! :cool:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.