2nd go around on medifast

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby fatfree » April 7th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Hey!! that last post was from me! I need to get in the swing of this agian and REMEMBER TO LOG IN!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Shelley
RESTARTED MAY 1, 2006

fatfree
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Tiolazz » April 7th, 2006, 6:25 pm

You are welcome ff,

It was painful, but not anywhere near as painful as having children, couldn't even compare and I did that twice with no meds, so it was a piece of cake. I think pain in partially in your mind also, I just was prepared, mentally, and it was no problem, only had pain meds the day after, then no more.

You will do fine, and no it really wasn't freaky to me at such an early age. I had fibroid tumors from the time I was 17 on, at 18 I had a ovarian wedge resection done and they ended up taking all my right and 3/4 of my left ovary. They told me I would never have kids. Well they should have known better. You don't tell me what I cannot do... LOL

needless to day, two kids and 7 years later, I begged my doctor to give me a hysto. He denied me, so like you I found a doctor who would listen to me, (and wanted the insurance money haha)...

my sister was a operating room rn, so she got the best staff and the doctor showed up and did the surgery. It was kinda cool, cause after all my griping and moaning about not feeling right and having my dr tell me for years that it was "in my mind", my sister told me that when they lifted my uterus out of my abdomin, it was like jello, badly diseased and totally needed to be removed.

It was one of the best decisions I ever made. Imagine ladies, not having that time of the month from your 25th birthday on. Oh Glory, It was wonderful... made for a great love life too, hehe...

anyhow, I will pray for your surgery, and I am certain you will do great. Just being positive will really make the difference, I am sure of it.

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 7th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Teri,

How interesting. I had a hysterectomy at the age of 21 and I am now 47 years old!! Talk about sister separated at birth - HAHAHA!!

I also remember it being a pretty quick recovery and not all that bad....and I agree that it was the type of surgery back then where you had a huge scar! What they can do these days is unbelievable.

FF you will be up and at 'em sooner than you think. Losing the weight is a great idea for many reasons but for the surgery it is probably your best reason. You will definitely have an easier time of it at a lower weight.

So Terri I have you beat - no period since 21!!!! Unfortunately, I was not married and didn't get to experience the pain and joy of birth. But I have 2 beautiful Chinese girls that were born of my heart. :D
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby fatfree » April 7th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Tiolazz

Wow! You should be a motivational speaker....after reading your post I am so pepped-up and ready to have the surgery!
You sound like one tough cookie! No pain meds after the first day???!!!
And they say women are the weaker sex....HA!
Thanks agian for the words of encouragement, they really do mean so much to me.
I look forward to chatting with ya more in the days to come.

Have a great evening!!
Shelley
RESTARTED MAY 1, 2006

fatfree
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Hi Fat Free

Postby dede4wd » April 7th, 2006, 8:43 pm

Hi Fat Free

I also was on the program over a year ago, fell off the wagon, got dragged by the wagon, then the wagon backed over me. But I found my way back, just as you did.

I can't help you with the surgery, but those who have had it sound very positive! It can't hurt to be a little thinner before the surgery, right?

I just wanted to say welcome and that I'm glad you found your way back to us!

DeDe

We're winning, can't you tell?
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.