2getskinny

1 Thread per registered User.

2getskinny

Postby 2getskinny » July 10th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Where do I begin.....I have tired to start my medifast journey three times now. I have been in a very bad depression and feel like I will fail yet again. Each time I would start MF I would only last a maximum of 2 weeks and then give up. I don't know why as I did drop weight each time. I just caved in and quit. I have 85 pounds I would like to get off and keep off. Which isn't bad since when I did first try MF I had over 100 pounds to get off. I have been thinking about it all weekend and wanted to start again today but I didn't get my butt out of bed until almost 11am. I was awake at 5am and just layed in bed not wanting to get up. I just have no energy and I know if I lost the weight I would have lots of energy and I would feel alot better and want to get out of bed and start the day. I feel like I am the only one feeling like this but I know there are others out there feeling the same way. My 20 yr wedding anniversary is the 25th of this month and my Husband wants us to go somewhere in our RV for our anniversary and as much as I want to so we can spend time together I think as if I don't deserve to go because of my weight issues. I know I am being stupid and thinking stupid thoughts. Maybe I can make myself get up early in the morning and start back on my MF journey. Here is hoping anyways. :|
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Never being "stupid"

Postby alohacate » July 10th, 2006, 1:57 pm

You Can Do This! Everyone feels like you do at one point or another. I can remember pre-Medifast spending my entire weekends in bed. My clothes didn't fit, I felt unattractive - no energy. *Sigh* Have you spoken to your doctor about what is going on with you? I did and she suggested Medifast as part of my "plan". I am taking other medications that my body needs in order to maintain my energy & hormonal levels. Please don't think of yourself as being "stupid" for having these thoughts. Get up, dust yourself off and get back on the horse so you can start riding toward your goals.
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 2getskinny » July 10th, 2006, 2:02 pm

Thank you for your reply! I have been reading the boards for a while today and It helps to motivate myself. Yes I have seen the Dr. and he says I would feel much better with weight off & he approves the MF program. He said once I get some weight off I should feel much better and not be so tired. He says my Thyroid is normal, I questioned it as I am always tired. He says my weight can cause me to be tired most days and low activity levels. As I am not very active right now. This upsets me as I was always a go go person, I haven't been like that in about 3 years. I feel very lazy. And I hate it. I am really trying to gear myself up to start my program again and not give up this time.
2getskinny

Not Lazy

Postby alohacate » July 10th, 2006, 2:07 pm

Not Lazy! Just need to modify your behavior and your thoughts and the energy will return. I don't think you should consider yourself "Lazy". You are a beautiful women with a internal beauty ready to shine. It sounds like you have had some success with MF. Give it another try. I have made a six month commitment to the MF plan. Take it hour by hour, day by day - whatever it takes for you. There are so many people here who have felt the way you do, and we are all a click of the mouse away!
alohacate

Postby SharonR » July 10th, 2006, 4:38 pm

That is why I tell people, a cheat isn't worth it. I know how you feel, I have quit so many diets in my life time. You need support and people around you to "make you" stick with it. You have to do it for yourself, but you get what I'm saying.

My hubby and two best friends started also. My friends started before me and then hubby and I started a couple months later. They are all going strong, so I am like, there is no way I will be left in the dust being the "fat one" Now my sister and sister-in-law are signing up. That means I am here for the long haul. It's going to happen.

Can you get a friend to do this with you? If not, we are all there for you! Post when you are down or having a hard day, we can encourage you! And we love to hear victories of all kinds, share away! :D
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby 2getskinny » July 10th, 2006, 11:13 pm

TY both for your encouraging words. They help me alot! No I don't have anyone to do it "With Me" around me. As my one friend is telling me it's not good to do this program (And I know it is a good program) and that I should just eat low fat no fat......Well been there done that didn't work. So I know she will be No support for me. My Husband is being Very kind and supportive, He said he wished he could do it with me but he said he knows he couldn't do it. He is away from the house so much and is always meeting with customers so he said he knows he wouldn't stick to it but will help me in anyway he can. I have been staying busy all evening and keep thinking of how I will do in the morning. I have all my MF stuff out in a basket waiting for morning. I am going to try and stay possitive. I will be on here alot come morning time. :) Thanks you all! It means alot.
2getskinny

Postby sidrah » July 11th, 2006, 12:40 am

Hi,

You just have to get into it and it will catch on. I don't know where in Arizona you are, but there ae plenty of other AZ folks around. Just write when you need something! It helps having other people nearby to talk to when it seems like it is getting tough.

Welcome back
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Elke » July 11th, 2006, 6:05 am

I'm not sure what I can say but I did want to welcome you and tell you that once the weight comes off, you can't help but feel good about yourself. Maybe you should give yourself a month on MF and see what happens, that 1 month with no cheating. Its not that long really, you can do it!
By the way, I am also in Az....Payson Az
Elke

Postby 2getskinny » July 11th, 2006, 10:18 am

Well So far so good this morning. I am really going to give a try. I have plenty of MF supplies so I will try and stick to it for a month and see where it takes me. I know once I see the weight coming off I will feel much better and will want to continue. I am sure I will be back on here alot today. But so far so good. :)
2getskinny

WAY TO GO

Postby alohacate » July 11th, 2006, 10:38 am

Way to go this morning!! Remember chin up, and drive on
:goteam:
You can do this, take it three hours (or two 1/2) at a time, depending on how you space out your meals. Let's get through today, YOU CAN DO IT.
alohacate

Postby 2getskinny » July 11th, 2006, 12:20 pm

I am a driving.........LOL! So far so good, Drinking my water like crazy and sticking to my MF. :)
2getskinny

Postby 2getskinny » October 23rd, 2006, 12:39 pm

Well I am Back again! Yes I failed again, but this is OK because I am going to try yet again! I have been doing good all day thus far and I even went as far as making the family a dinner in the crockpot so when they all get home they can serve themselves and I won't be tempted. I am happy drinking my RTD vanilla shakes today. :-P
If I find myself starving before the next MF meal I will make myself stay busy until the hunger pains pass. I need to do this once and for all and I know in the end I will be so happy and proud of ME. :mrgreen:

Here to shaking things up! LOL!
2getskinny

Postby HollyH » October 23rd, 2006, 1:15 pm

good luck! I found that as soon as I started losing weight, I instantly felt better and more energized! I feel like I've lost 20 lbs. instead of just 9 or 10. I was shocked at how fast I felt so much better, and just take it day by day! Pretty soon you won't WANT to cheat! I have never felt better after turning down some of my favorite foods and having a shake or a bar! I wish you much luck on your journey!
HollyH

started 9/26/06, age 36, 5'2
HollyH
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby 2getskinny » October 23rd, 2006, 1:55 pm

Thank you for posting! I am drinking my next MF shake as I type this and drinking my water all day long. I am hungry but I know it will pass in time, My daughter got home from school and made herself a pizza, it smelled so good but I did not cheat! I stired the crock pot meal I am making for the family for dinner and put the lid back on and walked away. SO far so good today. I know I have to do this to feel better and I just need to do it. Have lots to do in my office for our business but I just haven't been able to do anything. So I am on the boards keeping myself busy and it seems to be helping alot. I can always do what needs done in the office tomarrow. :) I just need to get over these first three days and then I think I will be able to handle it. In the past I have given up on the thrid day and this time I am really giving it a GOOD effort. If it gets to bad today I will go lay down and take a nap.
2getskinny

Postby 2getskinny » October 23rd, 2006, 2:03 pm

I am trying to figure out what I should have for my L & G tonight. THis is the hard part for me. UGH!
2getskinny

Next

Return to My Journal