Zinkette99

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby jump4joy » July 7th, 2006, 3:35 pm

Zinkette99 wrote:Well its a grey grey day. I have the house to myself for a bit though, which is nice.

I made a decision today. I have really been inspired by people like falisamarie, dede, Nancy and of course many many others on here. Some of them have discussed making the conscious decision not to cheat. To do this program until they are finished. (Actually I believe that was TheShadow that stated that) Sorry if I am quoting incorrectly. Anyway, last night after having a "little" cheat I realized... On this program there is no such thing as a "little" cheat. Every time I cheat I am stopping my body from losing. I have really been wishy washy on this program. I do great until about 4 pm rolls around. Thats when the cravings come. I tell myself "I can't stop them. I will start again tomorrow." I justify things. But look... A month has past since I restarted and I have lost 7 pounds. RIDICULOUS. I could easily have been down 25 by now.

I can't do this anymore. I have to do it all the way.

So today is re-dedication again. But in a different way. I am NOT going to cheat. I am going to be 100 percent compliant. Starting today, July 7th. On August 7th I will weigh myself. I am going to try my best not to weigh after my first week of compliance. The scale tends to mess with my head sometimes. I am going to do this. I am going to lose the weight. I am going to go home to Virginia for Christmas and I am going to have my entire family's jaws on the floor. I won't need any Christmas presents after that.

I think I can weigh 180 by Christmas. I really do. And I am going to.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh boy, do I know about the 4pm munchies! I had the same thing happen over and over when I was stuck in Restart Hell for three years. what got me going again was finding this forum and reading a post that DeDe made.....she said that she'd been stuck in restarts for a year until she made a committment to stick to Medifast 100% for 30 days No Matter What! I thought to myself that a 30-day commitment was actually doable....I had been too hung up before on HOW MANY MONTHS it would take to lose all my weight.....but 30 days? Yes, THAT I thought I could DO. And I did it......made it through 30 days and didn't think beyond that. Once I got 30 ACTUAL days behind me, I was already cementing my habits and I had the momentum I needed to keep going, 30 days at a time. I don't know if you're like me, but if I dwell too long on how MUCH I need to lose, it just over-whelms me. I'm so surprised to find that I'm about a third of the way to Goal, and that over time, with each successful day behind me, it's getting easier. NOT that it's easy....it'll be one of the hardest things we will ever do and an accomplishment we can be proud of. By this time next year, you'll be mistaken for Eva's sister-twin!

Hang on tight to your new resolve, Zink! I know you can do it. I'll be cheering and praying for your success!!

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Zinkette99 » July 7th, 2006, 3:49 pm

Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement. I seriously doubt I'd still be in the ballgame without this forum and all of you. I'd also probably weigh much more by now, closing in on 300. I am so glad it never has to be worse then it is right now.

I won't lie, I am starving. Even after a pickle and water. But I have an inner strength today that hasn't been there before. Maybe its those prayers working! I am hungry but I will conquer this. I am going to make a shake in a few. I will be having it a little early but I really want the rumbling to stop. And then tonight my husband and I are going on a date to see Pirates of the Carribean. I am going to drink lots of water while I lust after Johnny Depp. It will be great.

Then I will come home, have my last MF meal and sleep. And I will have been compliant all day. And I know that will feel so much better then eating a sandwich will. One day at a time. I can do this.
25 years old
5'8
Started MF'ing: 6/5/06
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Courtesy of ChiNut :):)
Zinkette99
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » July 7th, 2006, 6:18 pm

Zinik, if you're seriously hungry, go ahead and have an extra Medifast meal. It won't hurt you at all - I actually lose BETTER with an extra meal - and you won't need to rely on willpower so much if you're not starving.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Zinkette99 » July 8th, 2006, 7:22 pm

Sometimes I question whether this program is for me. I honestly cannot get through one day without cheating. I will ALMOST make it and then crash and burn...
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Zinkette99

Postby SharonR » July 8th, 2006, 7:37 pm

You know this program will work if you stick too it, you sound just like me. You just have to set your mind to it, it sounded like you had, tomorrow it new day, DO IT!

Is that tough love? :pet:
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Zinkette99 » July 10th, 2006, 8:05 am

I am out of my funk and have had a fantastic 2 days. I upped my meals to 6 and 1 LG and as of today I have lost another 3 pounds. So its working and I am happy. I've been jogging pretty regularly which is why I upped the meals. I feel great.

I hope everyone has a great week!
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby SharonR » July 10th, 2006, 10:16 am

I am so proud of you! When you didn't post anything yesterday I was worried about you!

Glad you hear you are feeling good and doing well. :D
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Zinkette99 » July 10th, 2006, 12:11 pm

Thanks Sharon :) Glad you missed me. Yesterday was rough but I made it through completely compliant. Its just something I really have to do a day at a time. I have found that putting a checklist on my fridge and checking off my meals and snacks and water helps. And when I eat something not on plan I put it on the list in this ugly orangey red color. Yesterday my list had no orangey red.

I am such a geek.
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby SharonR » July 10th, 2006, 4:02 pm

I love that! I think you need to do whatever it is that makes you succed. I have thought many times about doing that, but never did. Is hubby being supportive?
AND I see your down a couple more pounds...yahh!

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Prancer » July 10th, 2006, 4:27 pm

zink I was just reading thru what you have been going thru. I am by no means an expert (only starting week 4). I have been using mymedifast.com to keep me compliant. It is like your check list but it has lots of different stuff to look at...like graphs etc. It really helps me.

I have always been a 4pm muncher too. Well actually 4 to 9pm muncher. I now eat my MF at 3pm, 5pml&G, then 8pm MF. It helps me a lot.

I wish you luck, it sounds like you are doing better now.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » July 11th, 2006, 9:39 pm

Are you still doing well, Zink? I hope so, and I'm SO glad the extra meal is helping. If you're exercising regularly, you definitely need those extra calories.

Keep up the good work. You can do this!!!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Zinkette99 » July 12th, 2006, 12:02 am

Aww thanks, DogMa for asking. I did pretty well today. I didn't get to run today because of some bad storms. I ate an extra LG today too so I made up for it by just have 3 supplements. So I am not going to kick my butt over it.

I resisted weighing today and will try to resist until Sunday. I hope to be at 250 which would mean a 3 pound loss for the week although I would be thrilled for the scale to read 249. I have been in these 250s too long.
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby DogMa » July 12th, 2006, 10:05 am

No, today's another day. No use kicking yourself. I'm glad you're doing well.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Zinkette99 » July 12th, 2006, 11:59 am

Exactly. Today is going pretty well again. I have only eaten once though and its 3 pm so I should probably get on the ball. I am not all that hungry today, honestly. I think I am fixing to get sick. I am sucking down the H2O though. I have really adjusted well to water. I am no longer tempted to drink anything else although I do have a cup of milk every couple of days. Skim of course.

Bad storms again today so no walking. It bums me out because I really enjoy my walks.
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby Diana » July 12th, 2006, 9:25 pm

Zink, I'm really glad the hunger is subsiding. I never believed I wouldn't be hungry...and when I'm not strictly compliant, I am! However, once I got in the fat burning state, the only time I'm hungry is when I haven't eaten on time. There are also some who are never rid of the hunger. But the fact that you're experiencing times without it is truly exciting! Keep it up! Not that it's always easy, but it does get hard less often.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal