A 2 year-story so far... still not complete.

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

A 2 year-story so far... still not complete.

Postby Hyperion » October 11th, 2007, 11:26 am

Hello guys!

I was reading back a lot of threads from people here I know, most of you are new though... Brings some warm feelings to my heart to hear back from people that shared some of my "darkest" moments.

Let me put a long story short. I've been obese all my life, from 0 to 21. November 3rd 2005, I just couldn't stand it anymore. I had to do something. I was 265 lbs.

Started Medifast. Struggled, but was full of motivation. Averaged about 4 pounds a week, finished in April-May 2006 (didn't cheat not only ONCE!).

Then, I started a 1-year maintenance and transition to a healthy lifestyle. Maintained my weight mostly fluctuating 5-10 lbs. Then July 2007. I finally understood I was able to maintain. Now, at 23 years old, it was time to work out with my body, now that I could! I began bodybuilding (for fun, not for competition, mind you!). After 2 months of bodybuilding, I put up about 12 pounds of mass, muscle & fat. Some said I was too skinny before and that I feel much more alive now. For myself, I know I put up some muscle (as I can see it), but it's true I kind of slipped it a little, which I'll have to work in the next months! Anyway, the results:

And this one's been taken this sunday; you can compare with the pic when I just finished MF. I'm with my girlfriend on this one, along with my lil dog:

That's my story, proud of where I am now, even though my gym trainer kind of told me I slipped it with nutrition. I came back for inspiration, realized it's not that bad, and that perserverance is the key to success!

Discuss and enjoy!
Thanks!
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lucy » October 11th, 2007, 11:31 am

WOW, thanks so much for posting! You really do help us believe that it is possible, and you can change your life....you look great and I love the never finished attitude!
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby big ron » October 11th, 2007, 12:18 pm

Hey Hype welcome back. Wish my story was like yours. I gained my weight back but am back on track. You were one of my biggest inspirations ,hope you keep posting. You look great!!
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Hyperion » October 11th, 2007, 12:42 pm

Hey big ron!

I remember you! Yes you slipped it. But you're back here. That's a good sign. My father always tells me (well in french it rhymes but): Falling is human, staying down is stupid, getting back up is divine. (Tomber c'est humain, rester assis c'est crétin, et se relever c'est divin)

As of me, I slipped it a little too (ok ok not that much!). I'm trying to get back on track, as my expectations for myself are now way higher that they were before :)
264/150

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Postby Tawanda » October 11th, 2007, 1:53 pm

I'm glad you are back and that you've done so well. When I joined, I read back in many journal posts and saw your name often. I was impressed by how well you stuck to the program and how great your results were---I had wished you were still here and posting. So, it was a treat to see your name & to read your post.

Congratulations on maintaining, on having your outlook changed so that you'll never go back to where you began and on taking such good care of yourself with the weight training.

The pictures are great.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » October 11th, 2007, 2:34 pm

HYPE!! :D

With that added muscle, you really are buff now! I really dig your last photo too, with your girlfriend, the doggie, and your spiked hair! ;) Too cool.

I'm sure you'll get those extra pounds off, no sweat. Especially with more muscle to help burn them off!

If I may ask... where did you fall into the dark side in your nutrition? Red wine & Jack Daniels? :lol: If so, I understand! :)

Good to see you again, and looking so great! Thank you for checking in here and showing off your awesome maintenance!

Best wishes and happy health to you!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Charity » October 11th, 2007, 2:53 pm

Aloha!

What an inspirational story! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! It's amazing that you did so well and maintained when your history is that you have been overweight since 0! :bow: Wow!

I think you look great now but hey, if your trainer says you're slipping, then I suppose you gotta listen. It's great to have someone like that to keep you in check! It's no fun to realize you are slipping after adding say 50lbs.

:bravo:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Hyperion » October 11th, 2007, 3:01 pm

BerkshireGrl wrote:HYPE!! :D

With that added muscle, you really are buff now! I really dig your last photo too, with your girlfriend, the doggie, and your spiked hair! ;) Too cool.

I'm sure you'll get those extra pounds off, no sweat. Especially with more muscle to help burn them off!

If I may ask... where did you fall into the dark side in your nutrition? Red wine & Jack Daniels? :lol: If so, I understand! :)

Good to see you again, and looking so great! Thank you for checking in here and showing off your awesome maintenance!

Best wishes and happy health to you!

Lol thanks that comment is really good to hear! Yeah well that last picture was from a dinner with friends, and yes I got a kind of mini-bar with some alcohol, gotta live cocktails and such! But I think my fat comes mostly from the cravings after a training; I overeat! I gotta calm down and swallow up a whey protein shake! Hehe and as a side-note, I still take a few MF products; mostly the cream of tomatoes; that thing is SOOOO good!

I gotta admit though, wine is my weak point. I'm a wine sink ;)
264/150

Hyperion

Postby Hyperion » October 11th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Tawanda wrote:I'm glad you are back and that you've done so well. When I joined, I read back in many journal posts and saw your name often. I was impressed by how well you stuck to the program and how great your results were---I had wished you were still here and posting. So, it was a treat to see your name & to read your post.

Congratulations on maintaining, on having your outlook changed so that you'll never go back to where you began and on taking such good care of yourself with the weight training.

The pictures are great.

Thanks a lot for the comment. You know, this may sound weird, but I sometimes go back and read what I said to others.... from that time where I was desperated with my weight yet soooooo motivated to help myself & others in the process... You can say that my posts now help... myself!
264/150

Hyperion

Postby Hyperion » October 11th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Charity wrote:Aloha!

What an inspirational story! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! It's amazing that you did so well and maintained when your history is that you have been overweight since 0! :bow: Wow!

I think you look great now but hey, if your trainer says you're slipping, then I suppose you gotta listen. It's great to have someone like that to keep you in check! It's no fun to realize you are slipping after adding say 50lbs.

:bravo:

Yeah, the trainer is a pretty good one, knows his stuff as he's a former olympic contestant. I'll post a pic soon... let's say you call him Mr Trainer!!!

But he told me about that morphology thingie: ectomorphic people and endomorphic. I'm endomorphic as most of you probably are.

Ecto: hard to gain weight, fat or muscle
Endo: easy to gain weight, fat and muscle

It's just that for most of us, we gained... fat :)

And yes a trainer is kind of a "neutral" person to me. No personal opinion; he takes my objectives, build up a program, and after 2 months, we meet to discuss where we're at. And yesterday was the 2 months first point!!!!
264/150

Hyperion

Postby Serendipity » October 11th, 2007, 6:19 pm

O

M

G!!

The third studge is back! Lauren is still here and maintaining, I'm still here and maintaining, and now, the Hype.....back and in great form!

It's so nice to see your updated pics and nice to see you're still kickin' buddy. :mrgreen:

Yep, there are alot of new faces, but some of the old are still hangin' around.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Sojourner » October 11th, 2007, 8:56 pm

BerkshireGrl wrote:If I may ask... where did you fall into the dark side in your nutrition? Red wine & Jack Daniels?

Wha?????

Red wine and JD are NOT nutritious??
Oh.....crap.

Heehee.

Thanks for the update, Hyp ~ I've heard (read) so much about you.
Awesome story and photos....I love the hair in all of them.
Ciao!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » October 12th, 2007, 2:35 am

I'm an alchie-first thing I spotted was the booze. :twisted:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby BerkshireGrl » October 12th, 2007, 3:05 am

Hype,

Ha! I understand about the bartending regulations when hosting dinners ;) My family gets very wound up with no wine at holidays. I think without it my dad would be hiding out in the garden, my mom would be in the bathroom weeping, my aunt would leave early, and my sister would be smoking an emergency cig on the back porch. But... um... that's MY family hehehe! :lol:

I totally get you on the training/crazy urge to eat thing too. A long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) when I was going to the gym daily, my weight did not change dramatically because I was STARVING when I got home... I read somewhere that exercise is supposed to reduce appetite... maybe someone else's and not mine? ;)

I'm going out to dinner tonight at a restaurant in West Stockbridge called Rouge, and I can going to try and remain strong and resist the siren call of the wonderful French wines they stock. OI! I feel your pain! :twisted:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby akbitty » October 12th, 2007, 5:00 am

You look awesome. I will need to show my DH your pictures and story. He will enjoy it. :D
SW 248 Goal 135
Current 203
Start Date 8/2/7
akbitty
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Next

Return to Studio