Short story.....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Short story.....

Postby star85 » June 28th, 2004, 11:39 am

I just had to share this with everyone because I foung it to be so ironic.
I am starting to P.M.S. today which most woman know is the worst time for dieting. Anyway I was making my sons lunches and everything smelt so good. I had put in an order the end of last week so I was hoping it would arrive soon. I was really craving a carmel nut bar and didn't have any bars left until my new order arrived. I was so tempted to just take a lick or bite of the food I was preparing. I first told myself, " One little lick won't throw you out of ketosis or make you gain weight.......go ahead and satisfy your craving". Then I stopped and thought about it for a second. I thought of all the reasons I shouldn't "just take a taste". These are some of the reasons I came up with:

1. You're a food addict and would not be able to stop at just one taste at this point in your weight loss efforts

2. I thought about how awful I felt in the past when I cheated on this program

3. I asked myself, "Do you really want to start all over again after doing so well for 6 days and are you sure you could start over again this time?

4. I reminded myself of the promise I made to myself that I would stay on M.F. until I reach my goal this time

5. I thought about how good I will look again once I return to my normal weight range

6. I thought about taking my kids " trick or treating" around our developement this year and not being embarrassed to run into other people that I haven't seen in a while, and feeling confident and proud. I hope to reach my goal weight at the end of October.

7. I thought about the ton of money I just shelled out to purchase enough M.F. products to get me through my vacation until the end of August .

8. And I thought about wanting to surprise everyone when I return to New Jersey.

All this thinking only took me maybe a minute or two. I thought, "All my hard work is not worth throwing away over a lick or taste, but God I could really use a M.F. carmel nut bar to get me over this hump". It was also time for my next shake at this piont, but I was craving something chewy and sweet.( I've been only doing the shakes the past 6 days).........At that very moment I heard a large truck pull up to my front door........It was the FedEx man with my supplies!......including my bars!!! It was a miracle! I brought my products in, opened my boxes, and enjoyed my carmel nut bar exactly at the time I was due for my next supplement. A M.F. bar never tasted so good! I made sure I ate it slow and savored the taste and texture. See? It was worth staying strong and resisting temptation. I was fine and completely satisfied after that. Thanks for letting me share my experience with you guys.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Carrie » June 28th, 2004, 12:06 pm

Kelyn,

What a great story! Talk about the nick of time. I hope you have a great vacation - try and visit us once in a while
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jeanette » June 28th, 2004, 12:10 pm

Self talk--one of the best tools we can use to fight the fat!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby explorthis » June 28th, 2004, 1:31 pm

4. I reminded myself of the promise I made to myself that I would stay on M.F. until I reach my goal this time

Forgot: 4a. you personally promised me you would see this through!

I think it’s wonderful you thought it out before the bite or lick! If you just spend a few tiny minutes thinking it though, you will end up winning the battle of “should I, or shouldn’t I” You already know the answer, before you even ask yourself the question. This will long be the battle, but I promise you beyond a shadow of a doubt, after this is all said and done, long after you have returned from Jersey, you will wake up, and think, G-O-S-H this was so worth it.

Another thing I have said, and you will have to trust me, I would not lie to you, sweet cravings go away. Huh? No way. Yes way. Mike lies. No, Mike does not lie. I was never a huge sweet eater, but the binge part of me did the sugar dance, more than on a regular occasion. It is a QUICK useless fix that gives you the immediate high, then the immediate low, and the immediate craving for more. Wonder why candy and sweets are so popular? I have NO cravings; repeat NO cravings for anything with sugar. About the only sugar I consume is in my salad dressing. All the packaged crapola that I used to eat does not even appeal to me now. If you can refrain, and see the transformation over your body, the longer you go, the less you want it. Mentally and physically it becomes unappealing.

Trust me, take a minute to talk yourself out of the sweet, or the bite or nibble of something, it will pay huge rewards in the short run, not to mention the long one.

Remember, you promised to remain faithful!

Keep it up.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby star85 » June 28th, 2004, 3:34 pm

Mike,
When reading your posts, it always makes me feel like there's a warm comforting blanket surrounding me and that everything is going to be o.k. and yes, I will see this thing through until the end. Then I will need all your advice on how to maintain!

Thanks Again,
Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Ria » June 29th, 2004, 8:52 am

Hi Kelyn,

I so relate to your PMS issue. It has been a horrible week in terms of cramps and cravings. I have Polycystic ovaries so for me PMS is multipled times 10. The weekend was especially hard for me. To get through it WITHOUT getting off the program I consumed TWO (2) bars. Although I am still going through it this week (for me this last about 8 days before the actual deed...) exercise has been a real pain reliever.

You are so close to leaving the 200s!!! Hang in there it is gonna be sooo worth it!!!
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby LadyChamp » June 29th, 2004, 12:46 pm

You go girl! :cleader:
LadyChamp
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby Echo » June 29th, 2004, 5:56 pm

That was good timing, go fedex! I don't know about you guys, but my pms seems not so bad now as it used to be. I swear I could gain 5 lbs on pms, and it probably wasn't all water. Gosh, how many calories in a box of swiss rolls! (yes, a box.) I do not step on the scale during that time because I know I won't lose during, but the week after, when all the bloating is gone, I usually have a big loss and then I'm so happy I stayed on my plan. I also used to just wallow in self pity during that pms time and not work out, now I just do it, like nike says.

Have fun on your vacation, Star. I hope you can find some way to check in with us. Stay strong! You can do it!
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » June 29th, 2004, 7:23 pm

Kelyn,

How eloquently you describe the battle we all go through when tempted! And with such a happy successful ending! All good things come to he who waits... Your story is just 100% pure inspiration, and I going to think of it every single time I'm tempted. THANK YOU :hug:

Camille (On Day 29)
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room