Too short to weigh this much!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Too short to weigh this much!!!

Postby SneezyKitten » January 11th, 2004, 7:11 pm

Hi All,

Heard about Medifast last year on a news program in San Diego where the morning anchor lost 20 some-odd pounds and kept track on air.

I bought the shakes and soups and jar etc while my husband was deployed to Kuwait, hoping to be back to a healthy weight by the time he came home. Instead, I dabbled with the shakes and failed at losing. I didn't think much of it, except that I have just KEEP GAINING! So, when I had my first doctor's appt this past week (haven't been in a year) and I weighed in at 206 lbs, I knew it was time to get serious. I pulled out some shakes and soups and did okay this past week, not great, but good enough that I ordered a month supply and have told my husband and my best eating-out buddy that I will not be available for "food fun" for awhile.

I have realized, like many of you, that I need to commit myself wholly to this or I will not succeed. I can not make my own food choices right now. I find comfort in the only choice being which flavor to grab!

As a first year law student, I am away from home about 12 hours a day, sometimes more. I do not have a convenient place to mix shakes, so I bought the ready-mixed boxes to ensure I never have an excuse to have something else (the vending machines and law school cafe are just too tempting!!!)

I have really enjoyed reading so many of your posts. I feel the need to be accountable to someone else, at least in the beginning, and sharing here on the boards does that for me.

I am (almost) 5'2" and I weigh 206 lbs. My goal is 127. Time frame? Whenever I get there. I just want to be down enought to enjoy a trip to Europe this summer and not hide under fat clothes. I am a tiny person and look much younger than my 30 years. I HATE wearing old lady clothing. NOTHING in size 16/18 looks good on my small frame.

I miss wearing cute clothes. I miss being able to grab anything and just put it on. Each day seems like such a struggle just to get dressed and not hate myself. I never feel good - ever - about how I look.

I miss being in photos. Friends and family elsewhere (my husband is a Marine, so friends and family are always elsewhere!) keep asking for updated photos and I refuse. My mother pointed out that I haven't allowed myself to be in a photo for a couple of years now. She also pointed that there is no record of me being anywhere. No photos of me on trips to exciting places, no photos of me embracing my husband as he returned from the war, no photos of me in my new house, nothing.....

I miss going out! I have declined every single invitation from my law school classmates. The big bulky clothes I hide under hardly look fitting in a bar or a club. I missed social mixers and networking events, which will be critical to my career as an attorney (who wants a fat lawyer, anyway!?)

So, now that I have rambled, I will just say thank you to all of you who have posted and have shared your experiences. It is so encouraging and so wonderful to know I am amongst people who I do not have to explain myself to. I can tell my hubby a million times how miserable I am being so grossly overweight and he will NEVER really understand (try as he might!!)

I AM READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby sher » January 11th, 2004, 8:00 pm

You go girl... :lol: WE can do this...I also am short, 5'4", and miserable, I own a bar/restaurant and this is gonna be hard...NO doubt about it, but I am determined to wear a sleeveless top, and shorts on the golf course this year, I am going to buy a cute outfit NOw...and hang it on my frig...been FAT all my life, and SICK OF IT...email me anytime, I should get my shipment end of the week...and AWAY WE GO !!! TO BE ABLE TO LIKE MYSELF AGAIN, THAT WILL BE MY REWARD...

Sher
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby sher » January 11th, 2004, 8:02 pm

sorry, almost forgot...I have not weighed myself yet, but I am about where you are, or BIGGER...so 70 pounds would be awsome... :cleader:
sher

Postby SneezyKitten » January 12th, 2004, 5:57 am

Thanks Sher :o)

I laid in bed last night and thought about how my small frame was never meant to carry so much weight. What is my weight doing to my bones? To my muscles? Joints? My feet have grown in some attempt to carry this excess weight! When I lug my book bag and laptop from classroom to classroom, I think it must weigh a ton - then I realize it is nothing compared to the weight I lug around on my own body!!!

The sleeveless shirt is a big one for me too - love your new outfit idea. I think I will take a few minutes to print some snaps of me from when I liked my body and felt healthy and post those on the fridge (and in my car and in my purse and everywhere else to keep a constant reminder so I do not stray!)
SneezyKitten

Postby susan » January 12th, 2004, 1:10 pm

hi sher ,sneezykitten,
I STARTED AT 231# AND AM 5FT. 3IN TALL THAT IS ALOT OF WT.FOR ME.NOW i WEIGH 194 # AND AM SHOOTING FOR 125# WE CAN GET THERE FROM HERE i HAVE LOST 37# .i AM SETTING 10# GOALS AT A TIME .PRETTY SOON i CAN START ON ANOTHER 10#. WE WILL GET THERE JUST THINK POSITIVE. SUSAN
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Go Shorties!

Postby SneezyKitten » January 13th, 2004, 5:05 pm

Alright Short-Stuffs! Susan, congrats on your ongoing success! That is VERY inspirational for me. Stats don't lie - real results don't lie and THAT is why I think this program, no, I KNOW this program will work for me as well!!!!!!! Sher, have you started yet?

Anna-Marie
"Meow...meow...Achoo!"
SneezyKitten

Postby sher » January 13th, 2004, 8:06 pm

Hi,
I have not gotten my shipment yet, called them this morning and said for SURE by THURSDAY OR FRIDAY...anyway....I am starting Saturday, even made a bet with a guy, remember I own a bar...tonight he wanted to quit drinking, told him I too needed a break, now remember, I am not telling anyone about MEDIFAST..so this was great...$50 on who will last til March 5th, HIS anniversary...guess who will win....ME>>>>ME>>>ME>>>>because I have a goal, that he does NOT know about...thank GOD...this was such an out for me...do you know how hard it is to go ANYWHERE being a bar owner, people just assume you want them to buy you a drink... :x BOY ARE THEY GONNA BE SUPRISED, WHEN I ORDER A DIET COKE. :lol: so not started yet, but not only is my shipment coming, I ordered extra shakes from EBAY, and won the auction...that is a sign...we WILL succeed...thanks all...just love being here and chatting...
ttyl
hugs to all
Sher
sher

Return to Come on in.