To Weigh or not to Weigh....that is the question

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

To Weigh or not to Weigh....that is the question

Postby MomsTherapy » July 14th, 2005, 10:13 am

Grrrr....Tomorrow is "weigh day" for week 2. I'm having "that time" this week and feel like a blowfish. (sorry fellas)

The first week I went by the plan to a 'T'.

This week, I have had a nip of the kids food here and a nip there. Nothing huge - just a quarter size piece of pop. chicken or a teaspoon of my casserole at dinner.

So, the thing is, I am really scared that my weight is up. :dunno: water weight, not getting enough water and the one "nip" of forbidden food about every other day - I might have gained!!!

I am thinking about skipping a week and weighing next Friday instead. What do you guys think? :huh: If my weight is up I might be discouraged and that will just trigger cravings. If I don't know what my weight is then maybe I will just keep plugging it or do even better with my diet because Im thinking I might have gained.

Gee whiz....I sound like a crazy lady. :shock: I KNOW that LONG TERM - staying with the plan I WILL lose the weight. But easier said than done!!!

:help:

Lady....just put down the ho-ho and walk away calmly.....you don't have to do this...... :lol:
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby Sablebaby » July 14th, 2005, 12:12 pm

Leah,

My advice....don't weigh. :shock: I totally understand not wanting to have even a glimmer of disappointment right now. :twisted: That's what I was trying to prevent by not weighing myself. I did not want a no loss second week like some have mentioned even if I didn't cheat. How about weighing every two weeks? It's up to you. Do what you think will help in the long run. :mrgreen:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby martha » July 14th, 2005, 12:38 pm

Leah--

I think this is your call. I would weigh if it was me only because I need the accountability.. If I knew I was eating things I was not suppose to and then know I could not be held accountable for it--then whats to keep me from doing the same thing everytime I ate the wrong thing or had a weight gain..Who am I cheating in the end? I want to be honest about every step of my program so I can learn what is the right thing to do and to do what I have to do to have accountability.. I use this forum for the support and to keep me going on the right path.. All of you have helped me with my weight problem from day 1.. I really understand where you would not want to show a gain so you won't get discouraged this early in the game but if you continue to nibble and then don't weigh you are defeating the purpose of spending all this money on MF.. that's one of the reasons I try to stay compliant--if I cheat it might take me a week to stop eating(really!!)and that's alot of wasted money that i don't have to waste at this time..We will stand by you no matter what.. Only you can make this call.--your friend Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » July 14th, 2005, 10:56 pm

You know your reaction to the scale best. Personally, I'd weigh. I like to know exactly what I'm dealing with, and chances are it's not as bad as you think it is. But if it's going to discourage you and make you want to give up, then step away from the scale.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby MomsTherapy » July 15th, 2005, 5:29 am

I decided last night to weigh. What Martha said about accountability hit home and was very true. If I don't keep track of myself, who will, right?

I stepped on the scale this morning - I just knew I had gained.

BUT I lost 1.5lbs! I am very happy! I know I could have lost more without the nibbles and if it weren't "that time" of the month. But Im totally cool with 1.5lbs. Im not in the 10lb club yet, but maybe next week! Total so far 9lbs in 2 weeks. Not too shabby!

Thanks guys for putting up with my loopy minded whining!! :D
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby martha » July 15th, 2005, 5:59 am

Leah--

SO proud of you-- YOU GO GIRL!!!! 1.5# off and you were expecting a gain.. now thats progress. yes we do need accountability on this program and as Dogma said at least you know where you stand-one way or the other.. The 10#club is definetly yours soon.. If you weigh in on Sundays with the rest of us--it will probably be this week -- after all you still have 2 whole days :mrgreen: thanks for taking the step onto the scale.. soo PROUD of you for it.. we may can hide from the scales but the pictures do us in :mrgreen: --Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby LeeannNH » July 15th, 2005, 10:34 am

hey leah congrats on your loss!

i would have weighed too. i think it will help once we are on maintenance to see what your body may do at that time, so you will know how to deal with it

congrats again---i love the blowfish comment! hee hee :lol: :lol: :lol:
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby DogMa » July 15th, 2005, 11:01 am

Leah, that's great! I knew it wouldn't be as you expected. And geez, that's better than I do and I'm 100 percent compliant!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Return to The Weight Room