A PIZZA STORY

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

A PIZZA STORY

Postby elle4nelly » October 12th, 2004, 10:28 am

Hi Guys!

I wanted to share this with you all.
As I type this post from my workplace, the conference room is filled with co-workers and Pizzas!! Meat Lovers Pizzas, Veggies Pizzas, Cheese Pizzas, Pepperoni Pizzas, breadsticks and salads. I must have heard it spoken 5 times: “Nelly don’t you want some Pizza?” To which I said 5 times: “No thanks! I’m not hungry!”
I did open a Pizza box lid and stared for what felt like an eternity at a Pizza with sausage, ham, black olives, pepperoni and onion. I really looked at it and yes, for 10 seconds I was really really tempted to just go for it. But I didn’t! I settled for 30 seconds of “Self pity party” :( and a diet coke! I walked right back to my desk and left everyone gorging themselves with Pizza delight in their eyes.
How do I feel about it? I have mixed feelings :? , because part of me wanted to take a slice and eat it. But the Militant part of me prevented me. :x I heard a voice in my mind saying” Go ahead eat it and watch that scale go backward and don’t you dare complain about it either! It’s all up to you!”
So in a nutshell, it is my choice!!!!!!! It is HARD!!! Some days, down right torturous and cruel! But at 206 lbs my lowest weight in 3-4 years, I won’t let myself go backward even though “ the don’t give in choices” I make each day might make me feel bad at that very moment, It will all be worth it in the end. So I will conclude this Pizza story by saying that “TO REACH MY DREAM I MUST BE PREPARED TO DO NOT ALWAYS WHAT I WANT BUT WHAT I MUST”.

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby LongWay2go » October 12th, 2004, 10:33 am

God bless you Nelly! What strength! I'm so glad I don't have to put up with things like that. That would make me CRAZY!!! :nutz:

~Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Sylvia » October 12th, 2004, 10:35 am

You've said it all! And the pizza will still be there when you're done. The same as it will for me. Now I've just got to work on how to eat one or two pieces and not the whole pizza!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 12th, 2004, 11:27 am

Nelly,

You too like Gerald are commendation medal worthy for winning the battle against one of the most formidable of our enemies, pizza. HA HA!! It has NO power over YOU!!! All those gargantuan calories, cholesteral, carbohydrates and fats can go to somebody else thank you! WE are WINNING the losing battle!!!!

:cleader: Fight fight fight!!!! :cleader:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room